Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Oct 2, 2015, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
Sorry. Yes. Sarcasm doesn't translate well on here (and I should know that). I thought my K in Klassy was the tip-off, but these forums are full of typos . . .

That junk looks worse than the garbage I bought at Costco 20 years ago.
I was told by staff that the patio furniture was meant to have cushions but none were bought by the hotel. The pieces on the patios are just the metal frames.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by Goonie
Give them a call. When I was booking I could not see some of the rooms as well. They might be available even though they are not on the website.
Tried calling them and couldn't find any availability until next October for "garden view" rooms. Even if I pay with points or points+cash and not use free nights. Had to book Hyatt regency Maui..Rep said they have tons of availability 😕
Old Oct 4, 2015, 3:04 pm

Can someone let me know the parking fees? I believe its 30 per day? Thanks!
Old Oct 4, 2015, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
Originally Posted by gilbride05
Can someone let me know the parking fees? I believe its 30 per day? Thanks!
Yes, $30 per day. Plus tax. In addition to $40 per day Resort Fee. Plus tax.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anubond005
Tried calling them and couldn't find any availability until next October for "garden view" rooms. Even if I pay with points or points+cash and not use free nights. Had to book Hyatt regency Maui..Rep said they have tons of availability 😕
I was just able to switch one of my nights from points to points + cash, so clearly they have some type of availability.

By the way, with a P&C, do I still pay the resort fee?
Old Oct 4, 2015, 4:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
I was just able to switch one of my nights from points to points + cash, so clearly they have some type of availability.

By the way, with a P&C, do I still pay the resort fee?
Yep, P+C is considered a revenue rate and you will pay the resort fee. Since they don't do DSUs here really I don't consider P+C a good use here.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sam_goh
Yep, P+C is considered a revenue rate and you will pay the resort fee. Since they don't do DSUs here really I don't consider P+C a good use here.
Huh. I'll consider switching back. I just don't have a ton of Hyatt points overall, so I was thinking this was a cheap way to buy them.

With the resort fee, it's $190 for 12,500 points. So 1.52c/point. On the cusp there.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
Huh. I'll consider switching back. I just don't have a ton of Hyatt points overall, so I was thinking this was a cheap way to buy them.

With the resort fee, it's $190 for 12,500 points. So 1.52c/point. On the cusp there.
Don't forget the taxes. If they whack you on the cash portion, that $190 will inflate to well over $200, and the cost per point will be more like 1.7c
Pretty sure the straight points transaction includes room taxes...
Old Oct 4, 2015, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BOSOGG
Don't forget the taxes. If they whack you on the cash portion, that $190 will inflate to well over $200, and the cost per point will be more like 1.7c
Pretty sure the straight points transaction includes room taxes...
I saved 15% on my Hyatt gift cards, so that pushes the other way some.

It's always the struggle between holding and using points. I just don't have great ways to accumulate Hyatt points these days.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 8:29 pm

Programs: United club, Hyatt Plat...
Originally Posted by anubond005
Why are you stuck on garden view? If you book mountain view, you'll get upgraded to garden if not partial ocean.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 8:31 pm

Programs: United club, Hyatt Plat...
You can valet the first and last night and park for free at the boat launch about a mile away. Very pleasant beach walk.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 6:24 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Goonie
Why are you stuck on garden view? If you book mountain view, you'll get upgraded to garden if not partial ocean.
Garden view is the base entry level that must be available for award redemptions. Partial ocean>mountain>garden.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 2:17 pm

How do you save 15% one of the gift card sites???
Old Oct 5, 2015, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

5% was Amex Open, and the other 10% was a MilePoint promo last year.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 7:15 pm

It appears to me that they're selling/consigning base room inventory to discounters/packagers like getarroom. Then when they aren't sold out, they open up award space/Garden View close-in (~1wk). Pretty smart way to stay within the rules but avoid most awards.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.