Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2015, 5:49 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
I agree that it depends on your budget.

There's also Mokeypod Kitchen which is about 15 minute walk.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 9:11 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by fishy21

Not sure if they have private room there but the food and drinks are great
Old Jul 4, 2015, 9:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by Dcislander
FWIW, i've been calling bi-daily to see if I could apply a DSU and today the agent told me the "Andaz Pool Side Suite" is the DSU room. I know that the partial ocean view has been what others have been getting in the recent past.

When I check my stay dates online, the partial ocean view is avail but I keep getting by phone agents told that the DSU would not clear. The Andaz Pool Side Suite does not show up as avail online for my dates.

Can anyone confirm if the DSU room has indeed changed?
Originally Posted by coffee18
I booked last Oct and stayed in June and got the Pool Side Suite. It's real nice, but don't count on any sea views. I think Pool Side is what folks have been getting for some time.
I'm not there quite yet, but, yeah, my DSU upgrade seems to have mapped me into a Pool Side Suite. Whereas last summer it was Partial Ocean View.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 11:48 pm

Monkeypod is awesome! Their Mai Tais are amazing!

Back to the subject, though. They used the pool area on the middle level for events, and I think there was a wedding reception there when I was at the hotel.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 9:36 am

Programs: Herz PC, Gold Starwood, Platinum Holiday Inn
Hello,
who is the GM at the moment in this property ? I made a reservation for a week for 4500 USD for a 380 m2 room. ;-)
Looks like on this 3rd party booking site the property is maintaining the rooms sizes / descriptions . We will see how this works out

thanks
JR
Old Jul 6, 2015, 10:56 am

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
Originally Posted by Andaz Maui
Aloha,
...for new reservations booked for travel from June 1, 2015 a resort fee of $40 per day will be added to the daily rate. As an Andaz we strive to listen to our guests and evolve to their needs and wants. Since opening in 2013 one of the comments we keep hearing is that people don’t want to be “nickle and dimed” throughout their stay. We want our guests to arrive a visitor and depart a local and we’re excited to launch a resort fee experience like no other. Guests won’t just get local calls and wifi, they’ll receive beach activities, cultural experiences, fitness classes and the tools to capture your Maui memories. We estimate the value at about $350+ per person, per day, if a guest takes advantage of the offerings (full list of inclusions can be seen here >> http://maui.andaz.hyatt.com/en/hotel...ee-policy.html.

The resort fee will be applicable for stays after June 1. I hope this helps clarify and we look forward to welcoming you to the resort!
Now that the mandatory Resort Fee has been in effect for a little over a month, can anyone confirm the above "estimated value" of $350+ per person, per day?
As above quoted post suggests, are beach activities, described in link, included?
Snorkel equipment, kayaks, paddle boards, boogie boards, etc are all included in the Resort Fee? TIA

Last edited by BOSOGG; Jul 7, 2015 at 12:46 pm
Old Jul 6, 2015, 11:51 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Good Afternoon!

I just wanted to clarify that the resort fee will not be applied to award stays.

Thanks!
Does anyone have experience with this? I just received an email from the hotel reservation desk that resort fees apply to GP awards.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

What is your budget? If money is no object, then I would think that the Morimoto on property would be perfect for something like that.
Yeah, if money is no object
Isn't there also a restaurant with a view in the Wailea Mall (I can't remember, I think there is down on the end, I rarely go in the mall)... doubt it compares in quality or convenience to Moriomoto of course.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 9:20 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Does anyone have experience with this? I just received an email from the hotel reservation desk that resort fees apply to GP awards.
That is part of T&Cs of the Hyatt program - the parking is charged however.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by lalala
Not sure if they have private room there but the food and drinks are great
I can't recall if they have a private room either but the food and drinks are amazing. The shuttle from the Andaz will also pickup and drop off there.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 11:41 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Sorry for the confusion apparently there's a lot of it!
Would say the communication is incorrect
I'm feeling my past frustration with Hyatt getting their policies right all over again for our community
Was steamed over this issue before and had to retract the poor information I posted I got from Gold Passport and the hotel
They really need to get up to speed
But unfortunately even the hotel shared the wrong information with Hyatt Gold Passport when the agent called the front desk

I was told the following after numerous back and forths with Hyatt Guest Relations the following
Revenue reservations and cash and points pay the resort fee
Award bookings (points only) do not
if the story has changed yet again its shameful
All parties need to be clear on the details
Other than that wonderful hotel ^

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Jul 7, 2015 at 8:57 pm
Old Jul 7, 2015, 8:53 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
We (this thread in FT) have a post dated May/8, from about two months ago, from Hyatt Concierge, noting that award stays (points) are not charged the fee. I'll take action if my reservation for later this year, booked under that premise, is treated differently.

Sounds like someone (anyone arriving in the near term on an award stay?) should call or email the GM to avoid a corporate/HGP says one thing and the hotel says another situation.

Last edited by canyonleo; Jul 7, 2015 at 9:00 pm
Old Jul 7, 2015, 9:13 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Hello Flyertalkers!

Reservations booked using points or free night awards are not charged the Resort Fee.

I hope that helps to clarify.

Thanks!

Karen
Old Jul 7, 2015, 11:38 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
This is good news. As I recall, a second question was asked. I'm not sure it if was answered:

On an award reservation (which is exempt from the Resort Fee), do the guests still receive all the activities which the resort fee supposedly covers?

(From the hotel's website
Code:
including:

GoPro Hero 4 camera
    GoPro lab
    Outrigger excursion (Monday – Friday)
    Stand Up Paddleboard lessons (Saturday – Sunday)
    Snorkel equipment
    Yoga classes
    Pilates classes
    Stand Up Paddleboard yoga
    Single & tandem bikes
    Guided kayak tours (Monday-Friday)
    Ukulele lessons
    Hula lessons
    Body boards

Amenities always included in your Andaz stay:

Welcome Lei Greeting & Beverage
    Reusable water bottle
    Waterbottle refill stations
    Hub 808 kids club
    Photo session with Pacific Dream professional photographers
    Sun Bum sunscreen SPF 30 (located on pool decks)
    24 hour fitness center
    Mini-bar refreshments and snacks replenished daily
    Welcome beverage
    24 hour self service laundry facility
    Wireless internet
    ‘Ohana Lounge - early arrival and late departure facility with showers, lockers and lounge area

A daily Resort Fee of $40 + tax will apply to all room nights.
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Hello Flyertalkers!

Reservations booked using points or free night awards are not charged the Resort Fee.

I hope that helps to clarify.

Thanks!

Karen
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:48 am

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
This is good news. As I recall, a second question was asked. I'm not sure it if was answered:

On an award reservation (which is exempt from the Resort Fee), do the guests still receive all the activities which the resort fee supposedly covers?

(From the hotel's website
Code:
including:

GoPro Hero 4 camera
    GoPro lab
    Outrigger excursion (Monday – Friday)
    Stand Up Paddleboard lessons (Saturday – Sunday)
    Snorkel equipment
    Yoga classes
    Pilates classes
    Stand Up Paddleboard yoga
    Single & tandem bikes
    Guided kayak tours (Monday-Friday)
    Ukulele lessons
    Hula lessons
    Body boards

Amenities always included in your Andaz stay:

Welcome Lei Greeting & Beverage
    Reusable water bottle
    Waterbottle refill stations
    Hub 808 kids club
    Photo session with Pacific Dream professional photographers
    Sun Bum sunscreen SPF 30 (located on pool decks)
    24 hour fitness center
    Mini-bar refreshments and snacks replenished daily
    Welcome beverage
    24 hour self service laundry facility
    Wireless internet
    ‘Ohana Lounge - early arrival and late departure facility with showers, lockers and lounge area

A daily Resort Fee of $40 + tax will apply to all room nights.
If all these things are included in the Resort Fee, who pays the Rental Fees referred to here... http://maui.andaz.hyatt.com/en/hotel...h-rentals.html .???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.