Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Apr 14, 15, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by ERicday View Post
I am booking four award nights in the end of august, but seems no award night. But if I book a 10 nights stay, then it shows available. Is there minimum nights limit for award stay in summer? I am confused since I can book 2 nights in Oct, which means there is no limit.
Nobody on FT will have a better answer than calling the resort itself or the Hyatt reservation line.
Old Apr 14, 15, 10:31 pm

No, just end of August. After a few try, it seems short award stay in July-Aug is not available. It can only be found for 6 days more.
Originally Posted by exmike View Post
are you trying to book over the xmas/ny holidays? that could be why
Old Apr 14, 15, 10:31 pm

will call them.
Originally Posted by Milezjunkie View Post
Nobody on FT will have a better answer than calling the resort itself or the Hyatt reservation line.
Old Apr 22, 15, 10:38 am

Looks like they added a new in-between category between Garden View and POV: Mountain View. I would suspect they're trying to neuter points availability for Garden View.
Old Apr 22, 15, 10:46 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by coffee18 View Post
Looks like they added a new in-between category between Garden View and POV: Mountain View. I would suspect they're trying to neuter points availability for Garden View.
Exactly.

I have a stay planned for November, and four days ago (and checking every day since) went to change my dates (for the third time in the last few weeks, so I was checking before what seems to be when they made this change) and while I could before, now I can't - because there's no availability for Garden View King (now only Mountain View King is available). I agree, my opinion is they're gaming points availability.

And at this property, what exactly is a Garden View, if there's now something called a Mountain View? My guess is it's a view of the loading dock from the fourth and fifth floor rooms closest to that elevator
Old Apr 22, 15, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by canyonleo View Post
And at this property, what exactly is a Garden View, if there's now something called a Mountain View? My guess is it's a view of the loading dock from the fourth and fifth floor rooms closest to that elevator
If that is the case, wouldn't most formerly Garden View rooms now become Mountain View? There's only one loading dock right?
Old Apr 22, 15, 10:59 am

If that is the case, wouldn't most formerly Garden View rooms now become Mountain View? There's only one loading dock right?
Exactly, nearly all former Garden View rooms are likely now Mountain View, as there is no "garden" there (other than say the sewer corner for the lowest floor and closest to the elevator suite(s) facing the adult pool, or lowest floor ocean facing lawns, but those are already categorized as Ocean View or Partial Ocean View).

Further, some of the rooms that might be called Mountain View (view of West Maui mountains) are Partial Ocean View, not sure if they're downgrading the category of those (as they do have a good field of water view).

All west facing rooms have a view of Haleakala, our "mountain view", so what are they calling Garden View? I'll guess the fourth and fifth floor of south wing west facing, which is view of loading dock and it's driveway, and/or maybe lowest floor west facing on the north wing? Still, a way to game points availability IMO.
Old Apr 22, 15, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K & MM, HH Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
Originally Posted by canyonleo View Post
Exactly, nearly all former Garden View rooms are likely now Mountain View, as there is no "garden" there (other than say the sewer corner for the lowest floor and closest to the elevator suite(s) facing the adult pool, or lowest floor ocean facing lawns, but those are already categorized as Ocean View or Partial Ocean View).

Further, some of the rooms that might be called Mountain View (view of West Maui mountains) are Partial Ocean View, not sure if they're downgrading the category of those (as they do have a good field of water view).

All west facing rooms have a view of Haleakala, our "mountain view", so what are they calling Garden View? I'll guess the fourth and fifth floor of south wing west facing, which is view of loading dock and it's driveway, and/or maybe lowest floor west facing on the north wing? Still, a way to game points availability IMO.
I would argue that the sewer/delivery entrance view is a separate category by itself.

What do you call the on-top-of-the-bar-where-everyone-can-look-directly-into-your-room view?
Old Apr 22, 15, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by weezl View Post
I would argue that the sewer/delivery entrance view is a separate category by itself.

What do you call the on-top-of-the-bar-where-everyone-can-look-directly-into-your-room view?
A lot better than not "on top of it", and instead just adjacent to it as in at the same level so everyone can not just view your balcony but see right into the room.

Or, to be somewhat objective, Full or Partial Ocean View (as in a lot better than the rooms looking (and smelling and hearing) east as in a view of the loading dock (for the rooms closest to the elevator in that south wing).

Last edited by canyonleo; Apr 22, 15 at 4:40 pm
Old Apr 24, 15, 1:27 pm

Could be something else entirely. I just seached a date that has availability for $ in Garden King, Garden Queen, and Mountain View 2 Queens and has no points availability. Now I am more confused as ever as to what room actually counts as base room.
Old Apr 24, 15, 2:14 pm

That would confuse me, my understanding is that paid room availability for a Garden View (be it King or Queen) equates to an award availability (for the same King or Queen room, respectively)... and that's how I've been searching for my next award stay here later this year.
Old Apr 24, 15, 4:07 pm

Could be something else entirely. I just seached a date that has availability for $ in Garden King, Garden Queen, and Mountain View 2 Queens and has no points availability. Now I am more confused as ever as to what room actually counts as base room.
I would call HGP CS-sounds like the hotel is playing games again.
Old Apr 24, 15, 6:36 pm

deleted

Last edited by peeyurr; Apr 26, 15 at 10:36 pm
Old Apr 28, 15, 2:56 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum
I'm on property now and I'm one of the lucky few who was able to get a points + cash combined with a DSU reservation. I ended up with room 138 which has to be the worse partial ocean view suite. I posted a pic on my blog but this really pushes the definition of partial ocean view to me.
There is a large group here from Stratasys so all other suites are booked. Can't say I'm surprised to get this room but it does a leave a sour taste in my mouth. Outside of this, our stay has been great thus far.

http://pointscentric.com/2015/04/28/question-of-the-day-would-you-consider-this-partial-ocean-view/

Last edited by PointsCentric; Apr 28, 15 at 3:03 pm
Old Apr 28, 15, 3:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by PointsCentric View Post
I'm on property now and I'm one of the lucky few who was able to get a points + cash combined with a DSU reservation. I ended up with room 138 which has to be the worse partial ocean view suite. I posted a pic on my blog but this really pushes the definition of partial ocean view to me.
There is a large group here from Stratasys so all other suites are booked. Can't say I'm surprised to get this room but it does a leave a sour taste in my mouth. Outside of this, our stay has been great thus far.

http://pointscentric.com/2015/04/28/...al-ocean-view/
I got the same view, but 2 floors lower.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: