FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1499414-andaz-maui-review-master-thread.html)

Kacee Feb 23, 2024 8:47 pm

I'm not a fan of this property, but the front desk staff were absolutely lovely when we were here. Could not have been warmer or more accommodating.

gobears293 Mar 30, 2024 12:18 am

Looking for everyone's advice on which room type to book for a trip far off in November. Family will already be in Maui (over in Ka'anapali) and we didn't want to leave the island after just five nights. Will be my wife and our two kids (3 year old and 11 month old). The week I am looking at is off-peak award pricing and all room types are available. Since we have plenty of Hyatt (and Chase UR) points, I figured it would be best to book the regular Andaz suite for the extra space. The Partial Ocean View suite that gets booked as a premium suite is pretty much the same size as the Andaz suite, correct? You're just paying 14k extra points a night for the view? We are only Discoverist, so I wouldn't anticipate any complimentary upgrades (but maybe there would be a relatively inexpensive paid offer considering off-peak timing).

So am I wrong to think the standard suite is the best choice? We don't mind not having a view in the room as we'll spend most of the day at the pool or exploring. I figure the regular rooms are too small with two kids and the premium for the "partial view" is too much.

Thanks for any input!

777 global mile hound Mar 30, 2024 12:35 am

Originally Posted by gobears293 (Post 36121324)
Looking for everyone's advice on which room type to book for a trip far off in November. Family will already be in Maui (over in Ka'anapali) and we didn't want to leave the island after just five nights. Will be my wife and our two kids (3 year old and 11 month old). The week I am looking at is off-peak award pricing and all room types are available. Since we have plenty of Hyatt (and Chase UR) points, I figured it would be best to book the regular Andaz suite for the extra space. The Partial Ocean View suite that gets booked as a premium suite is pretty much the same size as the Andaz suite, correct? You're just paying 14k extra points a night for the view? We are only Discoverist, so I wouldn't anticipate any complimentary upgrades (but maybe there would be a relatively inexpensive paid offer considering off-peak timing).

So am I wrong to think the standard suite is the best choice? We don't mind not having a view in the room as we'll spend most of the day at the pool or exploring. I figure the regular rooms are too small with two kids and the premium for the "partial view" is too much.

Thanks for any input!

Yes the standard suite without view(below sea level) has plenty of room compared to regular rooms
and the approx same size as the prem view suites
The balcony/patio may even be bigger in the standard suite for those stunning views of walls ;)
If you crank your head up high enough you can still see the sun and sky
But a good set up otherwise which may be just fine for you needs.
As for the regular rooms I wouldn't want to consider that even for 2
But I'm sure others may be just fine with the space as is

pickles1107 Mar 30, 2024 5:14 am

Originally Posted by gobears293 (Post 36121324)

Thanks for any input!

We have been a few times with our young kids and used a suite upgrade cert each time. We have been assigned a pool suite, partial view suite, full ocean suite, and suite on bottom floor. Over the years the standard suite has been reclassified several times but even last October we were given one of the bottom floor 39/40 suites with plenty of natural light at the end of the wing that sticks out to the ocean.

I would say it depends on how points rich you are whether it is worth the extra for the view. The suite layout and space are exactly the same.
The one nice thing about having some kind of view is you can sit out on the balcony after the kids go to bed. With most Andaz suites looking into a wall or directly next to a busy path that wouldn’t be a great option.

josephstern Apr 2, 2024 11:43 am

Anyone know if the suite renovations are all complete?

Troopers Apr 3, 2024 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern (Post 36129845)
Anyone know if the suite renovations are all complete?

Here now. I was told yes.

josephstern Apr 3, 2024 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers (Post 36133805)
Here now. I was told yes.

Great - thanks! If it's a repeat visit for you, is anything else new there?

Troopers Apr 3, 2024 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern (Post 36133812)
Great - thanks! If it's a repeat visit for you, is anything else new there?

It’s my first visit :)

Booked 2 suites, and was able to get adjacent suites (albeit on floor 1). Rec’d complementary snacks, champagne, etc in both rooms. Also selected cookies in the marketplace as a Globalist.

Happy to answer any q’s.

stvr Apr 4, 2024 1:20 am

What is the minimum night requirement for points bookings these days?

Troopers Apr 4, 2024 10:43 am

Originally Posted by stvr (Post 36134459)
What is the minimum night requirement for points bookings these days?

I was able book a single night on points (for 2 rooms) for my current stay. The single night was added to an existing 3 night points reservation.

josephstern Apr 4, 2024 10:58 am

Originally Posted by Troopers (Post 36135541)
I was able book a single night on points (for 2 rooms) for my current stay. The single night was added to an existing 3 night points reservation.

I've noticed over the past maybe year that for close-in dates, single nights are often available. But for reservations months out, you need three nights (at the moment).

If you try some dates at the end of the year, singles aren't available but three night stays will book, while many single nights in April are currently bookable alone.

Troopers Apr 4, 2024 11:49 am

Originally Posted by josephstern (Post 36135584)
I've noticed over the past maybe year that for close-in dates, single nights are often available. But for reservations months out, you need three nights (at the moment).

If you try some dates at the end of the year, singles aren't available but three night stays will book, while many single nights in April are currently bookable alone.

I was able to book the single nights back in Dec for my current stay.

MiamiBill Apr 4, 2024 11:20 pm

I am visiting Maui this summer, but not staying here, so I asked about buying a day pass as I am a Hyatt Globalist and they said they don't but try Resort Pass. I did buy a pool pass for $100 from Resort Pass, but think it is strange to use a third party to book a Hyatt day pass, when I would rather book direct with Hyatt. Does anyone have experience with that option?

SP03 Apr 5, 2024 12:50 am

Originally Posted by MiamiBill (Post 36136947)
I am visiting Maui this summer, but not staying here, so I asked about buying a day pass as I am a Hyatt Globalist and they said they don't but try Resort Pass. I did buy a pool pass for $100 from Resort Pass, but think it is strange to use a third party to book a Hyatt day pass, when I would rather book direct with Hyatt. Does anyone have experience with that option?

Often it’s easier to manage inventory or set up access with less commitment through a third party. This way they don’t get overwhelmed with people asking for access and can withdraw or limit access at anytime.

flyingeverywhere1 Apr 24, 2024 9:48 pm

Had a recent stay with upgrading using suite upgrade to Andaz suite (138 in Makai wing) you are right next to the pool suites (though you don’t have pool access) and you are facing a bunch of trees which kind of feels like a garden view. I totally don’t mind at all. Quoted 200 per night to Ocean suite and 350 to Deluxe Ocean suite.
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...bbefc948f.jpeg

flyingeverywhere1 Apr 24, 2024 9:49 pm

delete duplicates

josephstern Apr 25, 2024 8:23 am

I was in 138 once and I really didn't mind it. Great access to the pools and beach via those stairs right there. Ka'ana and the valet are a bit further up.