FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1499414-andaz-maui-review-master-thread.html)

BOSOGG Dec 10, 2014 11:02 am

Originally Posted by ashap (Post 23974352)
haha well I've stayed at the best place on the island so I'm worried and the reviews I've been reading Thanks again!

And the winner is?
Please elaborate on your choice for best on island.

ashap Dec 10, 2014 11:11 am

Originally Posted by BOSOGG (Post 23974636)
And the winner is?
Please elaborate on your choice for best on island.

The Four Seasons. I've yet to meet a property in the world that can match the club level experience at this property.

Edit to say - I'm trying to get an accurate idea as to whether or not i'm going to enjoy my stay at the andaz. I realize I am a very hard to please traveler. The things I ask about in my post are things that matter greatly to me, I know music doesn't bother some people, but I want silence and I want a view of the ocean!

UnitedWeStand Dec 10, 2014 11:17 am

Just as an FYI apparently the Spa is not operated by the hotel so the spend is not eligible for GP points.

ZBigFam Dec 10, 2014 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by thucanhho (Post 23967231)
I would think that everyone understands a family of 8 would want as much space as possible so a vacation would actually feel like a vacation. DSUs are more important to me than ever when traveling with my family and I only have 2 kids. Having a suite allows me not to have the same bedtime as my kids (and feeling punished) when I normally like to stay up long past midnight.

I think we are trying to help to you see the sunny side (pun intended) since it's starting to look like your chance of an upgrade at this point is slim.

Thanks my friend, it did help me look on the "SUNNY" side!

hailstorm Dec 10, 2014 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K (Post 23974492)
The adults-only quiet pool is truly quiet.

But it's right next to the pool suites, and I don't think that there's any restriction on young children playing in those pools...

ashap Dec 10, 2014 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm (Post 23975737)
But it's right next to the pool suites, and I don't think that there's any restriction on young children playing in those pools...

I think he was answering my question on pool music vs. pool children.

texdoc Dec 11, 2014 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by thucanhho (Post 23967231)
I would think that everyone understands a family of 8 would want as much space as possible so a vacation would actually feel like a vacation. DSUs are more important to me than ever when traveling with my family and I only have 2 kids. Having a suite allows me not to have the same bedtime as my kids (and feeling punished) when I normally like to stay up long past midnight.

I think we are trying to help to you see the sunny side (pun intended) since it's starting to look like your chance of an upgrade at this point is slim.

Max occupancy for the suites is only 3.

thucanhho Dec 11, 2014 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by texdoc (Post 23982852)

Correct...I haven been to at least 25-30 Hyatts in the States and have never had the occupancy limit enforced with kids. 4 adults may be different but I have no experience with that. It is much stricter internationally and I clear it directly with the hotel before arrival.

From a comfort standpoint, one needs to way suite with King and a rollaway with 2 queen/full beds. The choice is easier when kids are young. If I remember correctly, some of ZBIGFAM's kids are younger so suite with King, another room with 2 queen/full beds, 1-2 rollaways may work better for him, but I will let him answer. Sometimes you have to be creative to maximize comfort when traveling with a family.

spgplat21 Dec 11, 2014 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by texdoc (Post 23982852)

I think this may have changed. I have a current suite reservation for 2 adults and 2 children, and when I was checking availability you could also book 4 adults into the suites.

ZBigFam Dec 11, 2014 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by thucanhho (Post 23983136)
Correct...I haven been to at least 25-30 Hyatts in the States and have never had the occupancy limit enforced with kids. 4 adults may be different but I have no experience with that. It is much stricter internationally and I clear it directly with the hotel before arrival.

From a comfort standpoint, one needs to way suite with King and a rollaway with 2 queen/full beds. The choice is easier when kids are young. If I remember correctly, some of ZBIGFAM's kids are younger so suite with King, another room with 2 queen/full beds, 1-2 rollaways may work better for him, but I will let him answer. Sometimes you have to be creative to maximize comfort when traveling with a family.

Hi there, yes I have 6 kids (hence the name ☺). Youngest are 3 and 5 oldest just turned 18 (with the rest in the middle). Right now I have two rooms with two queens in each. Was hoping for a suite so that I could set up my little ones in the living room in a crib and rollaway. Oh well...have called every day for two weeks to book a suite on points to no avail....

spgplat21 Dec 12, 2014 9:30 am

Originally Posted by ZBigFam (Post 23983476)
Hi there, yes I have 6 kids (hence the name ☺). Youngest are 3 and 5 oldest just turned 18 (with the rest in the middle). Right now I have two rooms with two queens in each. Was hoping for a suite so that I could set up my little ones in the living room in a crib and rollaway. Oh well...have called every day for two weeks to book a suite on points to no avail....

Hang in there, my stay is the first week of January and a partial ocean view suite just became available for our stay on Monday and I had them apply a DSU that day before someone else snatched it up.

ashap Dec 12, 2014 9:33 am

Originally Posted by ZBigFam (Post 23983476)

What is the rate for suites with points? I asked about ocean view with points but they told me only basic rooms were available on points my week.

thucanhho Dec 12, 2014 9:52 am

Originally Posted by ashap (Post 23985667)
What is the rate for suites with points? I asked about ocean view with points but they told me only basic rooms were available on points my week.

40K with minimum of 3night reservation. Believe it is a partial rather than full ocean view.

PortlySpartacus Dec 12, 2014 11:52 am

Originally Posted by spgplat21 (Post 23985642)
Hang in there, my stay is the first week of January and a partial ocean view suite just became available for our stay on Monday and I had them apply a DSU that day before someone else snatched it up.

I have been hearing conflicting stories about what room a DSU gets you booked into. So are you saying a DSU gets you partial ocean view, and that is all?

Is this the type of property where all rooms are suites therefore there are no suites to upgrade into with a DSU other than a better view?

Seems like kind of a waste a DSU. Would love to hear more about this so I can schedule accordingly as a Diamond with a DSU to burn. Thanks

sam_goh Dec 12, 2014 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus (Post 23986502)
I have been hearing conflicting stories about what room a DSU gets you booked into. So are you saying a DSU gets you partial ocean view, and that is all?

Is this the type of property where all rooms are suites therefore there are no suites to upgrade into with a DSU other than a better view?

Seems like kind of a waste a DSU. Would love to hear more about this so I can schedule accordingly as a Diamond with a DSU to burn. Thanks

I actually don't think the DSU gets you a partial ocean view by default. The default is the ground level suites. You may get upgraded past that, but all ymmv.

No, this property is not all suites, and a suite is considerably larger than a regular room.

The x39 and x40 rooms are what you want in the main wing, or the very top level floors (floor 6) in the other two wings.