Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2014, 8:49 am

I second the Bistro 808 in Kihei! I was very reluctant to try it at first since I figured, what could be so special about sandwiches? Well, what do you know, they were the most amazing sandwiches I've had in a while. Get the kimchi reuben.

We had the omakase at Koiso. You must make reservations beforehand. It was good, but not amazing. The couple that owns it is really nice!

Ululani's for shaved ice was amazing. I liked it more than Matsumoto's in the North Shore in Oahu.

Da Kitchen is also another must. Make this a stop before or after you arrive/leave Maui. It's really close to the airport. They have a location in Kihei too.

Kinaole food truck was also amazing. Very generous in portions and delish!

I was really disappointed in Monkeypod. It was a waste of my time and I felt it was expensive. It wasn't anything special and I recommend you trying the more local/mom & pop's restaurants instead. I felt it was more chain type of food and none of the dishes I tried there stood out. I get the farm fresh, but whatever I ordered didn't do it for me. I recommend passing on this.

We also tried Mama's Fish House, but I also felt it's a tad overrated. It was a good meal, but expensive.

We also did a Costco run and that worked out really well for drinks/beer/snacks for our trip to Hana.

We also did canyonleo's (thank again for the tip!) parking option and it worked out lovely. I recommend it.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 11:32 am

Does Andaz Maui still offer a Cash and Points option? I thought I read they stopped it.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by milemonkey
Does Andaz Maui still offer a Cash and Points option? I thought I read they stopped it.
I think they still offer it. What they don't offer is the ability to upgrade a P+C reservation to a suite using a Diamond Suite Upgrade.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 6:28 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by hailstorm
I think they still offer it. What they don't offer is the ability to upgrade a P+C reservation to a suite using a Diamond Suite Upgrade.
It's been reported that they stopped P+C reservations altogether.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 6:50 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by spgplat21
It's been reported that they stopped P+C reservations altogether.
+1
Old Dec 7, 2014, 11:15 am

Programs: Hyatt diamond
[QUOTE=jepiv;23901403]Was looking to do 4 nights the week before Thanksgiving next year. Points available, but no P+C so I could use a suite upgrade. I emailed the manager and got this reply:

Aloha Mr. XXXXX, Thank you very much for reaching out to me in regards to your question on the points plus cash program.

This rate plan is up to each hotel’s discretion, and at this time we are not offering it for any dates in 2015. I am truly sorry we are not in a position to offer you this plan, and I hope you will still consider staying with us. I would be more then happy to assist in finding the best possible time for you to visit the property, and I very much appreciate your loyalty to Hyatt.

I hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you to the resort Mr. XXXXX, and please let me know how I may be of assistance.

With warm regards,

MICHAEL STEPHENS
General Manager

If anyone has any doubts, the Post #1512 by JPEV on November 26 is quite clear. No Points and Cash at that hotel.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 4:35 pm

[QUOTE=suite2suite;23956985]
Originally Posted by jepiv
Was looking to do 4 nights the week before Thanksgiving next year. Points available, but no P+C so I could use a suite upgrade. I emailed the manager and got this reply:

Aloha Mr. XXXXX, Thank you very much for reaching out to me in regards to your question on the points plus cash program.

This rate plan is up to each hotel’s discretion, and at this time we are not offering it for any dates in 2015. I am truly sorry we are not in a position to offer you this plan, and I hope you will still consider staying with us. I would be more then happy to assist in finding the best possible time for you to visit the property, and I very much appreciate your loyalty to Hyatt.

I hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you to the resort Mr. XXXXX, and please let me know how I may be of assistance.

With warm regards,

MICHAEL STEPHENS
General Manager

If anyone has any doubts, the Post #1512 by JPEV on November 26 is quite clear. No Points and Cash at that hotel.
I think it would be more accurate to say that the hotel is no longer offering it for dates in 2015. I have a P + C + DSU reservation in February that I booked this summer and still shows up in my GP account.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 9:33 pm

Has anyone had any luck booking a suite with points recently? It seems in this thread there were quite a few people able to book with points. I'm currently booked at the HR Maui with a Regency Club room. However, I'd prefer to be at Andaz Maui, but do not want a Garden View room. My current dates aren't available, but I can be somewhat flexible if I need to be. I just didn't know if it was worth it to have HGP search for available days if people weren't having any luck finding open dates to begin with. TIA.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 2:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by dshelbyjr
Has anyone had any luck booking a suite with points recently? It seems in this thread there were quite a few people able to book with points. I'm currently booked at the HR Maui with a Regency Club room. However, I'd prefer to be at Andaz Maui, but do not want a Garden View room. My current dates aren't available, but I can be somewhat flexible if I need to be. I just didn't know if it was worth it to have HGP search for available days if people weren't having any luck finding open dates to begin with. TIA.
What are your date ranges? Don't forget that many Hawaiian properties, this one included, have pretty extensive min night stay requirements during peak holiday season.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by sam_goh
What are your date ranges? Don't forget that many Hawaiian properties, this one included, have pretty extensive min night stay requirements during peak holiday season.
I'm looking at April/May which I don't believe is peak season. And I'd be staying 6-7 nights so I would think that would meet any minimum stay. Last night, I asked about 6 nights.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 9:24 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

For my dates in late Aug, I was told no suites in points available but DSUs were, so I searched and got a BRG approved that turned out even better than the P&C (accounting for the points required) and applied a DSU to it.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 10:27 am

I'm looking at April/May which I don't believe is peak season. And I'd be staying 6-7 nights so I would think that would meet any minimum stay. Last night, I asked about 6 nights.
I have been calling every day for the last two weeks...no go on booking a suite on points...
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
It should be noted that while the property is absolutely beautiful and the service 5-stars, the rooms Diamonds are assigned to are definitely three star quality. Nothing special about them at all. So it is my opinion that if you don't plan on being in the room much, it's fine, but, especially in the winter months when it gets dark early, I wouldn't stay at this hotel UNLESS I was upgrading to a suite.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
I have been calling every day for the last two weeks...no go on booking a suite on points...
Sounds like I'll just stick with my reservation at HR Maui. I may call every now and then just to check. Thanks for the information.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 1:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
I normally ask them to look at a larger block, and then ask specifically, which nights are unavailable. Looks like regular rooms are available though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.