Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Major changes to Hyatt stay certificate participating property list?

Old Aug 29, 2013, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

While attempting to use one-night stay certificates I had purchased, I was unable to secure availability at a wide range of properties that previously offered rooms for certificate redemption. I proceeded to review the participating property list, which has changed drastically for the EAME region (only 44 locations remain on list). Most notable properties in the UK, France, and elsewhere in Europe (Grand Hyatt Cannes, Park Hyatt Paris, Hyatt Regency London, etc) are either no longer participating or only available at the Ultimate level. Does anyone have any additional information regarding this unfortunate change? It is very disappointing to note the lack of any advance notice or warning from Hyatt.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 6:30 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Made a reservation just 3 weeks ago at Cannes and received the certifcates a week later. Hope there is no problem with the reservation altho knowing Hyatt, it would surprise me. That said, this is a big loss. Nice to get an $800/night room for $188!
Old Aug 30, 2013, 9:31 am

Wow...just checked the list and did see many changes indeed! We've been staying at the Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach for the past couple of years using a Stay Certificate at the Premier level ($188.89 per night), but now they only accept Exclusive level for $394.44 per night! So much for any savings over their regular rates, but I guess it was good while it lasted.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 10:46 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by carnalismocc
So much for any savings over their regular rates, but I guess it was good while it lasted.
I imagine they were never designed to be frequently used, but they've been featured a bit in some blogs.... so I'd imagine that their newfound popularity is what will end up killing them. I'd imagine the economics, to either the properties or to Hyatt, or to both, are inferior than award stays.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by dw
I imagine they were never designed to be frequently used, but they've been featured a bit in some blogs.... so I'd imagine that their newfound popularity is what will end up killing them. I'd imagine the economics, to either the properties or to Hyatt, or to both, are inferior than award stays.
Yeah, I used those certificates about two times per year at different properties when the savings were quite significant...also saw it as a way to pay a low rate and avoid using my points. I suppose that in some cases it'll still be worth using them...depending on the property.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 11:33 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
There is no way on heck the hyatt etoile is in the highest category now. Why this change all of a sudden?
Old Aug 30, 2013, 11:41 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia

Never. Mind. Nail. Hit. Earlier. Post.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 11:47 am

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Bummer... killed off by bloggers...
Old Aug 30, 2013, 12:56 pm

Still useful at CDG :rolleyes
Old Aug 30, 2013, 2:35 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Too bad. Good thing I've been saving those points for Vendome.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA 1P, SPG Gold
I have two reservations booked using the certs for next year. Will they still be accepted?
Old Aug 30, 2013, 2:59 pm

I would imagine pre-existing ressies should be fine.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 5:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by lalala
I would imagine pre-existing ressies should be fine.
Yeah I would think existing reservations should be fine since it shows in your terms what category of certificate is to be used at check-in.

Looks like major changes in California, especially SF area. Very sad but I guess understandable. There have been times in downtown SF that the going rate for the HR and GH have been in the $400+ range and they were only the premier level. Too bad there's not some way to have a high demand / low demand level for each property rather than just make them completely unusable at some locations.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 5:45 pm

Programs: WOH (G)lobotimized, SPG Tarnished Gold
Is all of this a harbinger of the dreaded "de" word?
Old Aug 31, 2013, 12:50 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by dw
I always said that they were intended for corporate incentive use and not really for individuals. As such, my policy has been to not really publicly discuss these too much. Occasionally, the savings are very significant,

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.