Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Tier Reciprocity (with MGM Rewards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tier Reciprocity (with MGM Rewards)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2017, 2:18 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by Renard
Globalists who have their MGM Plat might find this of interest... while we still have MGM Plat at least. Caesars/Total Rewards is status matching MGM Plat to TR Diamond. with an expiration date of 1/31/18. They have Diamond Lounges and waive resort fees for diamonds. https://www.caesars.com/total-reward...d-tier-upgrade
It is a great match opportunity, just make note that the Caesars Diamond match is ONLY valid until 31 January 2018.

At minimum, one should be able to take advantage of the $100 Diamond Celebration Dinner. In addition, no resort fees at Caesars Total Rewards Properties and Diamond Lounge access (comp) in Vegas is a nice perk.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 7:41 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
It is a great match opportunity, just make note that the Caesars Diamond match is ONLY valid until 31 January 2018.

At minimum, one should be able to take advantage of the $100 Diamond Celebration Dinner. In addition, no resort fees at Caesars Total Rewards Properties and Diamond Lounge access (comp) in Vegas is a nice perk.
The Diamond Lounge access is not just for Vegas. It is for any Caesars property.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 11:18 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by controller1
The Diamond Lounge access is not just for Vegas. It is for any Caesars property.
True, but some markets like Atlantic City (which has much nicer Diamond Lounges than Vegas; and even Seven Stars Lounges) there is a co-pay via Reward Credits (RCs) to enter the lounge unless you earn 25k Tier Points in a year. So, I tend to emphasise the "free" access to the Vegas lounges as the most common and beneficial perk. I mean, things like parking can also be huge. Valet at Caesars Atlantic City in the summer can be $40+, and is free with Diamond Status.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by baccarat_king

They will often limited the $100 credit to accounts with play on the account.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 6:19 pm

Hyatt Concierge via Twitter says that I should be able to upgrade my Hyatt status by matching status from MLife by completing the Opt In at https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...tnerships.html

Every bit of wording there sounded like that page is to match Hyatt's status with MLife (so that your status gets upgraded at MLife) and not the other way around! Can someone confirm?
Old Nov 7, 2017, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
https://www.mgmresorts.com/en/mlife-...tt-hotels.html
Old Nov 7, 2017, 6:59 am

Last time I checked, that links to a blank page on the Hyatt site.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by beltway
Yeah, still the same blank page. My conversation with Hyatt Concierge via Twitter.

Me: "From the wording of the MLife website it looks like the page you gave me was to match Hyatt status to MLife, are you sure this is the process to get Hyatt's status matched to what I have in M Life?"

HC: "Yes, that would also be the correct website to match your M Life tier to your World of Hyatt account."
Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:42 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Interestingly, my PLATINUM status has not changed on October 1st. I know there was an issue, that M-life is delayed or similar in updating the status (back to basic or whatever?), but now on November 7, I see that I am still PLATINUM and my membership has been extended until September 30, 2018. I have not done any status match due to my WOH Globalist tier level.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 6:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (2020:Exp), United Gold
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Interestingly, my PLATINUM status has not changed on October 1st. I know there was an issue, that M-life is delayed or similar in updating the status (back to basic or whatever?), but now on November 7, I see that I am still PLATINUM and my membership has been extended until September 30, 2018. I have not done any status match due to my WOH Globalist tier level.
I see the same on my account...still Platinum. However, I don't see where the expiration of status is noted. (There is the following blurb: "Tier Credits expire on Sep 30, 2018"). I guess I'll feel a little better when I get a plastic card that also says the same.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by beltway
Are you logged into your MLie account when you access?
Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Are you logged into your MLie account when you access?
You can't see Opt In button unless you login to MLife account.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 10:40 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by wh6cto
I see the same on my account...still Platinum. However, I don't see where the expiration of status is noted. (There is the following blurb: "Tier Credits expire on Sep 30, 2018"). I guess I'll feel a little better when I get a plastic card that also says the same.
well you're right, I sort of misread that... My interpretation was that it was tier expiry, whereas actually it's tier CREDIT expiry... hmmm I guess you're right, only once you have the plastic card you can be sure...
Old Nov 8, 2017, 7:15 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Thanks for the update. My MGM Platinum status is also from my Hyatt Diamond status days.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Did you get this in the mail and discard it, perhaps?: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28903926-post49.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.