Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

No More Toothpaste at Domestic Hyatts?

Old Aug 12, 13, 11:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, HHoners Gold, SPG Gold, National ExecElite, Hertz PC, Avis First

Just stayed at three Hyatt properties over the last week and a half and noticed a new theme -- none had the Aquafresh toothpaste in the bathroom. The three hotels were the LA Hotel Downtown, The Hyatt Westlake Plaza, and the HR Boston Downtown.

I could swear that Westlake and Boston, at the very least, had the toothpaste in the past. Is this something new and is it nation-wide?

A huge disappointment if this is widespread. The toothpaste was a small, but very significant differentiator between Hyatts and their comparative Marriotts, Hiltons, Sheratons, and Westins.
Old Aug 13, 13, 12:24 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Last weekend HR Scottsdale, AZ. Toothpaste in room.
Old Aug 13, 13, 2:06 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum (former PP), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
I have had toothpaste at all my Hyatt stays this year, most recently a few weeks ago at the Hyatt Dulles, and I see descriptions of Hyatt Place properties where the Aquafresh toothpaste is mentioned as an amenity in every room.

I would not jump to the conclusion that the toothpaste is going away.
Old Aug 13, 13, 2:37 am

Programs: *G, AB Gold, EY Gold, Hilto Diamond, SPG Gold
I had toothpaste in July at the Hyatt Bellevue in Philadelphia. Hope the toothpaste stays...it's great!
Old Aug 13, 13, 2:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
My recent room at the HR Irvine had no toothpaste, but there was a little card that said toothbrush and toothpaste were available from the front desk.
Old Aug 13, 13, 3:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I had toothpaste at a USA Hyatt at the beginning of this month.

Even if toothpaste isn't in the bathroom, can't it be requested for free? Hyatts now have the long list of stuff that you can borrow as well as what they can give to you.
Old Aug 13, 13, 4:04 am

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
I think the hotels in question have just run out. I have the toothpaste most of the time, but on a few occasions it was not there and I imagine the hotel just forgot to re-order and ran out. I probably have 20 tubes at home and I always have a few in my suitcase.
Old Aug 13, 13, 6:40 am
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM
NYGH had toothpaste 2 weeks ago. Not now.
Old Aug 13, 13, 8:04 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
0 toothpaste in my last 2 stays.

edit... 1 for 4 in the last week.

Last edited by austin_modern; Aug 13, 13 at 11:27 pm
Old Aug 13, 13, 8:22 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Grand Hyatt in Washington, DC had no toothpaste for me last weekend.
Old Aug 13, 13, 9:26 am
dw

Programs: AA Plat Pro, IHG Spire Amb/Kimpton IC
I always wondered how much Hyatt even paid for the toothpaste, being that it's in Aquafresh branded packaging and not Hyatt branded packaging. I always assumed that with the cross-marketing, Hyatt was probably paying very little for it.
Old Aug 13, 13, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by dw View Post
I always wondered how much Hyatt even paid for the toothpaste, being that it's in Aquafresh branded packaging and not Hyatt branded packaging. I always assumed that with the cross-marketing, Hyatt was probably paying very little for it.
They had custom printed boxes for hyatt hotels; "exclusively for hyatt" or some such.
Old Aug 13, 13, 9:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum
No toothpaste

I stay at the Baltimore Hyatt Inner Harbor weekly and the front desk confirmed that they will no longer place toothpaste in rooms by default but offered to make a note in my profile to place it in my room.
Old Aug 13, 13, 10:55 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Originally Posted by theoneguy88 View Post
I stay at the Baltimore Hyatt Inner Harbor weekly and the front desk confirmed that they will no longer place toothpaste in rooms by default but offered to make a note in my profile to place it in my room.
Is the preference note system wide or property specific?

Also, Chesapeake Bay Hyatt 2 weeks ago, none
Old Aug 13, 13, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by etsmyers View Post
Is the preference note system wide or property specific?
Properties Ive been going to once (or more) a month for years, have seemingly stopped giving out aquafresh in the past couple of weeks.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: