FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   No More Toothpaste at Domestic Hyatts? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1493603-no-more-toothpaste-domestic-hyatts.html)

theYipster Aug 12, 2013 10:30 pm

No More Toothpaste at Domestic Hyatts?

Just stayed at three Hyatt properties over the last week and a half and noticed a new theme -- none had the Aquafresh toothpaste in the bathroom. The three hotels were the LA Hotel Downtown, The Hyatt Westlake Plaza, and the HR Boston Downtown.

I could swear that Westlake and Boston, at the very least, had the toothpaste in the past. Is this something new and is it nation-wide?

A huge disappointment if this is widespread. The toothpaste was a small, but very significant differentiator between Hyatts and their comparative Marriotts, Hiltons, Sheratons, and Westins.

iflyjetz Aug 12, 2013 11:24 pm

Last weekend HR Scottsdale, AZ. Toothpaste in room.

VA1379 Aug 13, 2013 1:06 am

I have had toothpaste at all my Hyatt stays this year, most recently a few weeks ago at the Hyatt Dulles, and I see descriptions of Hyatt Place properties where the Aquafresh toothpaste is mentioned as an amenity in every room.

I would not jump to the conclusion that the toothpaste is going away.

JeannieU2 Aug 13, 2013 1:37 am

I had toothpaste in July at the Hyatt Bellevue in Philadelphia. Hope the toothpaste stays...it's great!

JackE Aug 13, 2013 1:58 am

My recent room at the HR Irvine had no toothpaste, but there was a little card that said toothbrush and toothpaste were available from the front desk.

MSPeconomist Aug 13, 2013 2:45 am

I had toothpaste at a USA Hyatt at the beginning of this month.

Even if toothpaste isn't in the bathroom, can't it be requested for free? Hyatts now have the long list of stuff that you can borrow as well as what they can give to you.

kanerf Aug 13, 2013 3:04 am

I think the hotels in question have just run out. I have the toothpaste most of the time, but on a few occasions it was not there and I imagine the hotel just forgot to re-order and ran out. I probably have 20 tubes at home and I always have a few in my suitcase.

mmgm Aug 13, 2013 5:40 am

NYGH had toothpaste 2 weeks ago. Not now.

austin_modern Aug 13, 2013 7:04 am

0 toothpaste in my last 2 stays.

edit... 1 for 4 in the last week.

cottonpatch Aug 13, 2013 7:22 am

Grand Hyatt in Washington, DC had no toothpaste for me last weekend.

dw Aug 13, 2013 8:26 am

I always wondered how much Hyatt even paid for the toothpaste, being that it's in Aquafresh branded packaging and not Hyatt branded packaging. I always assumed that with the cross-marketing, Hyatt was probably paying very little for it.

austin_modern Aug 13, 2013 8:38 am

Originally Posted by dw (Post 21263612)
I always wondered how much Hyatt even paid for the toothpaste, being that it's in Aquafresh branded packaging and not Hyatt branded packaging. I always assumed that with the cross-marketing, Hyatt was probably paying very little for it.

They had custom printed boxes for hyatt hotels; "exclusively for hyatt" or some such.

theoneguy88 Aug 13, 2013 8:54 am

No toothpaste

I stay at the Baltimore Hyatt Inner Harbor weekly and the front desk confirmed that they will no longer place toothpaste in rooms by default but offered to make a note in my profile to place it in my room.

etsmyers Aug 13, 2013 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by theoneguy88 (Post 21263789)
I stay at the Baltimore Hyatt Inner Harbor weekly and the front desk confirmed that they will no longer place toothpaste in rooms by default but offered to make a note in my profile to place it in my room.

Is the preference note system wide or property specific?

Also, Chesapeake Bay Hyatt 2 weeks ago, none

austin_modern Aug 13, 2013 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by etsmyers (Post 21268682)
Is the preference note system wide or property specific?

Properties Ive been going to once (or more) a month for years, have seemingly stopped giving out aquafresh in the past couple of weeks.