Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Siem Reap REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Siem Reap REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2018, 5:50 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Jerrremy
What are the upgrades like as an explorist, assuming I booked a park room with garden view?
Just checked out there last week for a 3 night stay. Don’t know about explorist specifically. But I’m only a lowly discoverist, and I got free upgrade to park executive suite with pool from standard king without asking.

I did did book it through visa infinitie program though so not sure what did the complimentary upgrade trick
Old Oct 11, 2018, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by ttniu

Just checked out there last week for a 3 night stay. Don’t know about explorist specifically. But I’m only a lowly discoverist, and I got free upgrade to park executive suite with pool from standard king without asking.

I did did book it through visa infinitie program though so not sure what did the complimentary upgrade trick
Amazing. I also just got pre-upgraded to a park suite king. Cannot wait for the stay now.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 4:10 pm

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, Hyatt - Glob, Marriot/SPG - Plat, IHG - Plat
Had a very enjoyable stay here as Globalist-Lite (20 night promotion last year) in October for 4 nights. Used 1 Cat-4 certificate and paid with points for the other 3 nights. Received a complimentary upgrade to Park Suite King room which was spacious, well decorated and comfortable. Breakfast was completely free as a globalist. Ordered items off the menu and enjoyed the buffett which has a great selection of American, Asian, Dim Sum, fresh fruit and juices. Location is quite good as it is centrally located that it is a quick walk/tuk-tuk ride to the sites within the city as well as far enough from Pub Street that the room and surrounding area was quiet at night. Lots of cheap food options in the area so I never tried the hotel restaurant for dinner. Pool looked very nice and was not too busy. Not a single bad thing to say about this hotel and well worth the Cat 4 price. I am ranking this with the Park Hyatt Tokyo as my favorite Park Hyatt.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:24 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Anyone stayed in the 2 bedroom suite here before? Heading there w my 3 kids and this allows occupancy of 5 for the same price as 2 rooms.

Also, anyone have any suggestions on FHR or Virtuoso benefits/rates? I generally use my stellar corp rate but since i dropped from Diamond i now look around for breakfast and upgrades in rates that might make better sense for a stay for 5 people.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:34 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by stephem
Anyone stayed in the 2 bedroom suite here before? Heading there w my 3 kids and this allows occupancy of 5 for the same price as 2 rooms.

Also, anyone have any suggestions on FHR or Virtuoso benefits/rates? I generally use my stellar corp rate but since i dropped from Diamond i now look around for breakfast and upgrades in rates that might make better sense for a stay for 5 people.
Haven't stayed in the 2-bedroom but it is similar to the pool suite, where we always stay so a good option. I would book via a Prive agent to get the breakfast, confirmed upgrade (this might be tricky but worth trying), welcome amenity and credit. I can quote for you if you PM me dates.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:52 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Just checked out of a pleasant 2-night stay.

Checked Hyatt Prive and the rate wasn't a better deal, so I went direct.

Rate had decreased by the time I checked-in, so I asked them to match to the new lower rate, which delayed check-in a bit but got approved. Breakfast here is great, with a small buffet and tasty a-la carte items. Happy hour is a great deal at 50% off 5:30-7:30. The $39 flat-rate laundry promotion was a lifesaver. Location couldn't be better (esp vs. Le Meridien). Got upgraded to the base level suite which was nice, roomy, had 2 bathrooms and even surprisingly a kitchenette. Happy hour the first night had traditional Khmer music and dancers. As welcome gifts, got fruit, sparkling mineral water, and macarons. Room service menu looked bad enough that I got un-hungry and ended up not ordering. Outside of breakfast hour, they serve the same uninspiring menu at the "living room" bar/lounge area. Both pools looked beautiful, but seemed designed for lounging more than usage as a pool. Same uninspiring food menu. Tuk Tuks easily available out front. Great service from everyone. Delicious welcome mocktails.

I'll try to post a full review with pictures when I get a chance. Overall recommended, great value for money. Don't use points.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:40 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
I would say the best use of the Prive rate is when it comes to suites - confirming an upgrade to a pool suite when paying for a Park Suite, or confirming upgrade to 2-bed or Presidential from a lower category saves a lot. Or, of course, if you don't have status, where an upgrade to a Deluxe room and comp breakfast are worth a lot (plus the $100 credit).

With regards to laundry, the hotel service is easy but you can also go out of the hotel and turn right (use the exit facing the petrol station). Walk around 1 minute and there is a laundry service on your right hand side. They are not the cheapest in the city (I think we paid $3 or $4 per kilo) but they turned our things around in 4 hours and it is much cheaper than the hotel.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 7:50 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Prive is definitely a good deal here when they can confirm the upgrade in advance. I have a decent corp rate and with the confirmed upgrade, Prive will save $100 per night, give 2 free breakfast and give a $100 credit.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Rates for late May are decent at $132 corporate, $152 member, $155 standard, I booked 4 nights at our corporate rate and applied TSU. Would Prive provide additional benefits?
Old Feb 9, 2019, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by CIT85
Rates for late May are decent at $132 corporate, $152 member, $155 standard, I booked 4 nights at our corporate rate and applied TSU. Would Prive provide additional benefits?
Just hotel credit in that case.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by Aventine
Just hotel credit in that case.
Which would be a wash given that you'd have to book the standard rate.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 7:40 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
I stayed here and got a free suite upgrade. I imagine you'd get the upgrade even without the TSU, nor do I feel like it's the most differential in quality from base room to suite. I'd rather same my certificates for something like the PH NYC where it really matters.

Just my 2c in case you're on the fence
Old Feb 10, 2019, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by helvetic
I stayed here and got a free suite upgrade. I imagine you'd get the upgrade even without the TSU, nor do I feel like it's the most differential in quality from base room to suite. I'd rather same my certificates for something like the PH NYC where it really matters.

Just my 2c in case you're on the fence
I figured it's not the best value for TSU. But, I already have TSU upgrade at HR Etoile, GH Bangkok and GH Bali, and I don't have any more vacation stays planned. So might as well use it on vacation rather than trying to use on business just to not let it be wasted.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 11:39 pm

You could also get a better suite (executive with pool or terrace suite) and should be able to confirm early check-in if needed. Overall difference in rate is around $100 (maybe a little more given the tax and service charge), so if you would definitely use the dining credit, there is no loss using Prive and potential better room. If you plan to eat out, better on corporate rate.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Stayed this past week. This is an excellent property. Was not expecting any upgrade as everything looked sold out to me when checking the website but was very surprised to be upgraded to a pool suite. Was a great little reprieve from the heat.

Loved the multiple pools and unique layout of the property. Breakfast was solid but was most impressed by the staff. By the second and third day they remembered my room number and order as they welcomed me back to the restaurant.

Most importantly, if you are going to Siem Reap and enjoy walking around the city and/or exploring any of the nightlife, this really is the place to stay, the location is exceptionally hard to beat in terms of being able to walk to Pub Street and the surrounding area so easily.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.