Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Siem Reap REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Siem Reap REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2017, 12:47 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by jpdx
I can't imagine that I could possibly be a big deal to this hotel (I stay on cheap BRGs or C&P) or Hyatt (they're trying to fire me with WoH). I've stayed here probably half a dozen times, and perhaps what matters most is that my SO is a huge Bill Bensley geek, and chatted with one of the former GMs for hours on end.

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get an upgrade, and hope that you enjoy Siem Reap and the PH anyway!
half a dozen times is quite a lot for this property. We had I think 5 or 6 stays a couple of years ago and were the most frequent guests (hence nice upgrades). We also spend in the hotel and spa and support a local charity which helps I think. Going back in September and already looking forward to the treats Chef Pisith will prepare for us!
Old Sep 7, 2017, 8:46 pm

A great stay....

Hi everyone,

I just completed a 3 night stay at this property and want to add some tid bits to the thread since I relied on it myself before arrival...

First of all, Synon the driver was fantastic! I learned about him on here and we used him for all 3 days of temples and airport transfers. He loves Flyertalkers too! lol. His website is http://angkorwatgooddriver.com for those that want to get in touch.

I booked the entry level room at the cash rate ($140) and as a Globalist got upgraded to an executive pool suite which was really nice and much appreciated. I did email ahead of time and ask about an upgrade but they did not indicate I would get the executive pool suite so we were pleasantly surprised.

This was at the tail end of a Vietnam and Cambodia trip - we also did 4 nights at Park Hyatt Saigon and 5 nights at Hyatt Regency Danang which I will write about under the appropriate threads.

If anyone has anyone has any specific questions on the Park Hyatt Siem Reap or is headed there soon, please ask away....
Old Oct 4, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 1MM,, AA Exec Plat. Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Any recent experiences as Hyatt Explorist at PH Siem Reap? I find generally that this level affords little in the way of benefits at properties within the Park Hyatt, Andaz brands w/ no breakfast option...

Thanks!
Old Oct 6, 2017, 12:42 am

I am a Globalist who just checked out of this hotel. While I didn't get an upgrade to a suite, I did get a one category upgrade. I was pleased as it was just me. I did verify on line and the suites were sold out. It's a nice place and I can recommend it. The staff are polite and caring. The rooms are quite large.

I too used Synon as a driver (not as a guide) based on the recommendations from previous posts.

He was a delight. He picked me up and returned me to airport (which he offered to do free of charge) as I booked a one day tour with him. I insisted on paying for the airport transfers when I heard they run $7.

In any case, he charged just $45 to go all the way to Banteay Sri and the Landmine Museum plus would have stopped at more had I wanted to.

His small Lexus SUV was spotless and he was polite and helpful and his English is fine. I would use his next time without hesitation if I was to return with my family.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by chuck1
I am a Globalist who just checked out of this hotel. While I didn't get an upgrade to a suite, I did get a one category upgrade. I was pleased as it was just me. I did verify on line and the suites were sold out. It's a nice place and I can recommend it. The staff are polite and caring. The rooms are quite large.

I too used Synon as a driver (not as a guide) based on the recommendations from previous posts.

He was a delight. He picked me up and returned me to airport (which he offered to do free of charge) as I booked a one day tour with him. I insisted on paying for the airport transfers when I heard they run $7.

In any case, he charged just $45 to go all the way to Banteay Sri and the Landmine Museum plus would have stopped at more had I wanted to.

His small Lexus SUV was spotless and he was polite and helpful and his English is fine. I would use his next time without hesitation if I was to return with my family.
Thanks for this update! Glad to hear Synon is still doing well. What a gem of a guy!
Old Jun 30, 2018, 6:46 am

Park Hyatt Siem Reap - January 2018

Background:

I was a Globalist so booked the Park Hyatt Siem Reap on Cash + Points. The location is very near the central streets of Siem Reap and the city itself is quite walkable. It's about a 25 minute ride to Angkor Wat.

Check-in:

I arrived at around 11AM. Check-in is done in a lounge area attached to a bar. The staff were not overly friendly and there was a lot of dead time whilst they did whatever it was they were doing. It took around 20 minutes to check-in. A welcome drink was offered.

1 King Bed with Garden View

There are not many suites at this hotel and they were allegedly full.

Gym and pool

The gym is quite small but was not busy at all when I was there. It is located in the spa area which I did not visit.

The pool is nice and long with air jets on some of the sides. The cabanas were comfortable and there were snacks available to order.

Breakfast

Breakfast is served in the Dining Room.

There is a buffet selection and a la carte egg station:

There are also daily chef specials such as the one below - I don't know what it is:

There is also an a la carte menu. I presume this was included for everyone, not just Globalists.

Eggs any style:

Eggs Benedict:

Waffles and French Toast:

1 King Bed room

Because I requested a late check out, I was moved to a 1 King Bed room on the last afternoon.

Conclusion

A very comfortable stay in a lovely sanctuary in the heart of Siem Reap. Due to the vile World of Hyatt I won't be returning but this is a great hotel with a convenient location and friendly staff (except check-in).
Old Jun 30, 2018, 2:58 pm

Vile world of Hyatt? Oh bru-ther. What is so terrible that people keep saying silly nonsense like this? Seriously, what is SO much worse than before now?
Old Jul 3, 2018, 10:38 pm

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by antonius66
Vile world of Hyatt? Oh bru-ther. What is so terrible that people keep saying silly nonsense like this? Seriously, what is SO much worse than before now?
Seriously? The program is a sad shell of what it was prior to the change, Across the board everything has been enhanced. I woukdnt go so far as to call it vile but I cant really think of anything tbis program does better than any of the others. The properties are still (for the most part) a step above although i found this one very underwheling but WoH is soenthing that, for most people on this board from what ive gathered, is now just a side effect to staying in Hyatts vs a reason to stay in them like HGP was.

When I stayed here a few years ago HGP gave this property the edge over LM which I found to be the better property overall even though I think the program was on the way out. Now, with Diamond / Glob benefits that I might receive if Im lucky and if the GM feels like it the value of each property has changed, even with the takeover of SPG by Marriott.

HGP made the extra cost of staying here over LM something to take into account. WoH makes it a waste of money.
Markie likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 10:51 pm
dtc

Programs: Restarting life as UA newb; AA Lifetime Gold
Hey Siem Reap experts! What comparable hotel would you recommend if the PH is sold out? (I was looking forward to staying there for my trip, but it turns out it is indeed sold out during part of my itinerary. Argh.)
Old Aug 12, 2018, 12:02 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by dtc
Hey Siem Reap experts! What comparable hotel would you recommend if the PH is sold out? (I was looking forward to staying there for my trip, but it turns out it is indeed sold out during part of my itinerary. Argh.)
Comparable in terms of style, location, quality? I would suggest looking at Shinta Mani, Heritage Suites or Phum Baitang (the latter is in a very different location).

For chains, Anantara, Belmond, Sofitel, Le Meridien are options but would not be my preference.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
Just got back from a stay here and used Synon for 5 days of touring and he was a delight. Used a TSU to upgrade to a standard suite. Was staying with the family (spouse and two small children) so we had a crib and a bed made out on the couch in the living room. The living room was a bit cramped owing to this and the size of the coffee table which is enormous. The usual Globablist benefits but not much else--a bottle of sparling water and a fruit plate upon arrival. The hotel is beautiful but I found the service to be a little off compared to other Hyatts in south-east Asia. For example food orders at breakfast sometimes took a long time to be taken while food ordered at the pool was very slow to arrive from the kitchen. All in all a good stay, but was not overwhelmed by the service.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gspurr
Just got back from a stay here and used Synon for 5 days of touring and he was a delight. Used a TSU to upgrade to a standard suite. Was staying with the family (spouse and two small children) so we had a crib and a bed made out on the couch in the living room. The living room was a bit cramped owing to this and the size of the coffee table which is enormous. The usual Globablist benefits but not much else--a bottle of sparling water and a fruit plate upon arrival. The hotel is beautiful but I found the service to be a little off compared to other Hyatts in south-east Asia. For example food orders at breakfast sometimes took a long time to be taken while food ordered at the pool was very slow to arrive from the kitchen. All in all a good stay, but was not overwhelmed by the service.
I definitely found this to be one of the poorer PHs in the system.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Aventine
I definitely found this to be one of the poorer PHs in the system.
Wow. I think that it's one of the best. On a price / quality basis perhaps THE best.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Wow. I think that it's one of the best. On a price / quality basis perhaps THE best.
Different strokes, I guess. I had an unpleasant stay here for my birthday a few years ago and no love for the property.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 7:28 am

What are the upgrades like as an explorist, assuming I booked a park room with garden view?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.