Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt to enter all-inclusive market

Hyatt to enter all-inclusive market

Old Nov 14, 2013, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Looks like the Dreams Cancun and Dreams Puerto Vallarta resorts are the next on the list (along with the Jamaica property) that will carry the Hyatt Ziva (family-friendly) flag.

http://www.travelweekly.com/Travel-N...o-Hyatt-brand/
Old Nov 14, 2013, 8:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by carnalismocc
Looks like the Dreams Cancun and Dreams Puerto Vallarta resorts are the next on the list (along with the Jamaica property) that will carry the Hyatt Ziva (family-friendly) flag.

Nice additions! Dreams has a good name.. but its been a number of years I've been taken advantage of all-inclusive deals.

Keep it all coming Hyatt! The more the merrier!
Old Nov 14, 2013, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Nice additions! Dreams has a good name.. but its been a number of years I've been taken advantage of all-inclusive deals.

Keep it all coming Hyatt! The more the merrier!
I've honestly never stayed at an all-inclusive resort. We usually go out and about so much, that we just eat outside of whatever hotel/resort we stay at. However, since I'm pretty loyal to the Hyatt brand, I've gone ahead and booked 3 nights with points for my wife and I to getaway and try the new Ziva property in Cabo for our anniversary next year. We're excited to have our first AI experience!

This new property in Puerto Vallarta will also be good for us. My folks are from Guadalajara (about a 4-hour drive from PV), so with annual family trips to that area already being the norm, it'll be nice to have a Hyatt to spend a few days at the beach while we're down there!
Old Nov 18, 2013, 6:45 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

For those that have never been to this resort....it was for years known as the Camino Real. It was the best " grand dame" hotel of PV and had many devoted loyal clients. ( myself included). It has the most beautiful private beach and grounds. Then it switched over to an all-inclusive resort known as Dreams. It lost many of it's loyal followers ( AI was not our thing) and became a family oriented 30 something resort. We never went back.

It will be interesting to see what the Hyatt does with this place and what kind of clientele it attracts.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 10:29 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy

I'm very intrigued with the conversion of a Dreams Resort to a Hyatt AI property. Dreams has had a very good reputation in the AI field. Definitely will be following this transition.

I came across an article about Hyatt's immersion into the all-inclusive market. It provides a bit more of the back-story and information about how they plan to have day-to-day management of the properties continue to be handled by Playa Resorts Management (a longstanding AI player) while using Hyatt's experience to "raise the guest experience to a new level."

And another interesting quote from the article: "Twenty percent of Hyatt Hotels Corporation’s loyalty-program members already stay at all-inclusive properties frequently. Now they’ll have the option of choosing Hyatt brands, which will provide a 'huge boost to Hyatt’s Gold Passport program, Walker said." (Emphasis mine)

To read the full article -- Hyatt All-Inclusive Play Comes with Challenges
Old Nov 19, 2013, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AKCuisine
And another interesting quote from the article: "Twenty percent of Hyatt Hotels Corporation’s loyalty-program members already stay at all-inclusive properties frequently. Now they’ll have the option of choosing Hyatt brands, which will provide a 'huge boost to Hyatt’s Gold Passport program, Walker said." (Emphasis mine)

I've never stayed at an all-inclusive property before — since I usually use my Gold Passport points that I earn throughout the year to take my family on vacation and therefore stay at a Hyatt hotel/resort — but with this new AI option from Hyatt now available, I went ahead and booked a 3-night award stay at the Cabo property for the wife and I next year, plus looking forward to trying out the Puerto Vallarta resort with the kids as well. ^
Old Jan 13, 2014, 3:32 pm

Programs: SAS EuroBonus, Hyatt GoldPassport, HHonors, SPG, Diners Club
Has anybody read or heard anything about the progress on the new Ziva in Montego Bay, Jamaica? Still "early 2014" expected?
Old Jan 13, 2014, 11:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ebennike
Has anybody read or heard anything about the progress on the new Ziva in Montego Bay, Jamaica? Still "early 2014" expected?
All of the latest articles that I've read are now saying "late 2014."
Old Feb 19, 2014, 1:34 am

Just spent a week at Royal Porto Real in playa Del Carmen, Mexico. Which is owned by Playa Hotels and Resorts, which Hyatt acquired 30% of and started the new brands by transforming a few of their hotels.

The long vacant 20 acre lot next door is now under construction as just a Hyatt. I find it interesting. Not sure why the royal and Gran haven't been changed yet.

Unfortunately, Playa Del Carmen is no longer a sleepy beach town and the transformation to homogenized resort town is complete. I won't be going back. That was my 4-5 trip there.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 12:16 pm

According to cvent (a meeting planner website), Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall (Jamaica) will open November 1, 2014.

It also says that both a HYatt Ziva and a Hyatt Zilara will open there.

The newly redesigned Hyatt Jamaica showcases two luxury resorts. Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall - an All-inclusive Experience for everyone and an All-inclusive Adults only resort Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall. The resort offers a seclusion of a beach front hideaway, a full service spa, a variety of water sports, recreational activities, 25, 000 square feet of meeting and reception space, 427 newly remodeled luxury guest rooms plus 193 newly created suites offering a total of 620 spacious accommodations. The Resort Village is the center of activity offering an array of restaurants, bars and retail outlets, as well as a large outdoor amphitheater.

Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall - Adults only building

Designed as an independent hotel with adults in mind this area will offer its own Reception and Lounge bar in the lobby with a total of 234 suites, which includes 124 newly built ocean view suites, including 16 Premium Ocean View Swim up suites and 110 newly renovated rooms . The pool is composed of four connecting pools; a central infinity edge pool, a lower active pool with a Wet/Dry bar and two Jacuzzi’s.

Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall

Designed for groups and families this area will offer a total of 318 newly remodeled guest rooms including 43 Premium Swim up suites and 69 newly created suites for a total of 387 spacious accommodations. The pool area will consist of multiple swim up pools, multiple Jacuzzi’s, an active pool offering built in wet circulation benches, sun shelves with built in Bali beds and pool volleyball. A new passive/relaxing pool showcasing two lap lanes, sun shelves for sun bathing, built in benches along the pool sides for gathering, a wet/dry bar with seating for 20 in the pool and 20 on the pool deck and 16 Bali beds.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Looks like the Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall in Jamaica now has a website up, and taking reservations for on or after November 1st, 2014.

http://rosehall.ziva.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html
Old Apr 30, 2014, 1:07 pm

Interesting. I just tried to redeem my free nights for a weekend in November but it didn't work online.
Old May 1, 2014, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by elainesj
Interesting. I just tried to redeem my free nights for a weekend in November but it didn't work online.
That also happened with the first Ziva property in Cabo (and the Zilara in Cancun.) It seems that they don't accept award reservations until after they open, or much closer to the opening date. I booked three nights on points in Cabo back when it first became a Hyatt, and had to make the reservation over the phone because online award reservations were unavailable at that time. Not sure if that's still the case there (or in Cancun.)
Old May 1, 2014, 10:40 am

I will have to give it a shot over the phone. my free nights expire at the end of this year so I need to get it all figured out. Perhaps I will book for Cancun and hope to switch to Montego Bay when they open for award bookings. At worst, we'll go to Cancun. Just prefer not to because we are flying with Southwest and there are no flights from our home airport to Cancun yet. To go to Cancun would mean getting separate tickets to fly out of a different city. More expensive plus there are worries if there are flight delays,etc.
Old May 1, 2014, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by AKCuisine
IAnd another interesting quote from the article: "Twenty percent of Hyatt Hotels Corporation’s loyalty-program members already stay at all-inclusive properties frequently. Now they’ll have the option of choosing Hyatt brands, which will provide a 'huge boost to Hyatt’s Gold Passport program, Walker said." (Emphasis mine)

I'm having trouble grasping the 20% number, as well as guessing what "frequently" means. Mostly because I think the vast majority of gold passports account belong to people who stay once, sign up and are never seen again. So I inflate the 20% to 50% or so of active accounts are repeat AI customers and I didn't think that AIs were that popular. Can someone please help me with the math?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.