View Poll Results: Which promo did you get? Where do you live?
5000 points after 2 stays
10.75%
3000 per stay, up to 3 stays
7.17%
2000 per stay, up to 4 stays
4.30%
5000 points after 1 stay
10.04%
Something else
1.08%
Nothing, live in the USA
50.54%
Nothing, live outside the USA
16.13%
Voters: 279. You may not vote on this poll

Summer 2013 Promos (targetted)

Old Jun 29, 2013, 10:47 am

Diamond, No Hyatt CC, Canadian, 20 stays YTD. Nada.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 1:30 pm

Programs: MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM ELITE, HYATT LIFETIME GLOBALIST, UAL SILVER, AA EXECUTIVE PLATINUM
Nothing here either. I did get the 50k UA miles last year but now I am persona non grata.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 2:30 pm

Programs: Hilton - Diamond / Marriott - Platinum / SPG - Platinum / Priority Club - Platinum
Nada here, and two Long Stays this year
Old Jun 29, 2013, 2:46 pm

Programs: ex-Delta DM (NWA was nice while it lasted), Hyatt Diamond
Rocks

Nada. 14 stays so far, will hit Diamond again (barely) in October. 40K in CC spend at the beginning of June; after that, it will be only for my remaining Hyatt stays.I have missed out on all of the targetted stuff.

As an aside, and to remind folk's bemoaning the lack of any decent general promotions, Hyatt GP was very generous before the collapse in 07, when the economy was doing well (albeit a false doing well) so the current economy I don't think has as much to do with the lack of promos as some others claim. It wasn't so much the economy alone or the CC that had much to do with the fantastic promotional landscape for Hyatt, but rather the desire to drive folks to the brand before it went public.

In 08 when I stopped all travel for reasons that had nothing to do with the economy, twice I was given a free room. Oh well. Those days seem to be over - here's what the email's said:

Dear NHwiki
It has been several months since you last stayed at Hyatt Hotels & Resorts™ and enjoyed the privileges of your Hyatt Gold Passport™ Diamond membership. Because we value your membership, we invite you to receive a free night when you complete an eligible stay at one of our distinctive Hyatt locations worldwide through August 21, 2008. Once you have completed your stay, the free night award will be good through October 31, 2008.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 11:10 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
CC holder, US resident, multi-year diamond, 20 stays/23 nights this year - no promo.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 9:25 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines
nothing... zip...zilch...nada... have not received a single damn suprise nor delight, and frankly, i wont give hyatt any further business until they stop treating me like a second-class diamond. screw hyatt at this point.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 9:30 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Nada for me - I've been Diamond for last 10+ years, with 14 stays and 25+ nights YTD... and I hold the card that we use a fair amount. I'm getting really tired of Hyatt playing these stupid games (but not as pissed off as I would be at Marriott or Hilton for their recent devaluations - so that leave me with little option but to continue with Hyatt, which does treat me nice when I stay).
Old Jun 30, 2013, 10:24 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines
20 stays, 39 nights so far... diamond member, no card. now i am 0/3 on these special promotions... i remember Jeff saying after the UA promo, "if you didn't get an email this time, don't worry there will be more down the road." the only thing there has been more of is disappointment. Jeff, you deserve to be fired.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HYATT DIA
Diamond w/ several nights and stays under his belt and nada aqui.

Kinda sad.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, United MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Platinum, Packer Owner
Originally Posted by JAFU007
Diamond w/ several nights and stays under his belt and nada aqui.

Kinda sad.
+1. Tough to understand the logic. Diamond with 11 stays this year. May or may not get to 25.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 2:20 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I think that this "promo" is geared towards those that have not stayed recently - I'm at 5 stays and no offer either.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I got the stay once get 5k points. I'm diamond and have no stays this year.

My husband, with no status nor stays, did not get it.

We do not have the credit card.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 4:59 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by peteropny
I think that this "promo" is geared towards those that have not stayed recently - I'm at 5 stays and no offer either.
I still think its geared towards new Diamonds. It sounds like very few, if any, have been offered the promo that were Diamonds before 2013.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jmgriffin
I still think its geared towards new Diamonds. It sounds like very few, if any, have been offered the promo that were Diamonds before 2013.
Define "New". My first year as Diamond was last year via a challenge. Made full requal easily last year though.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 8:41 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by peteropny
Here is my unsolicited testimonial.

I received "5000 points after 1 stay" offer in the e-mail.

No status, no credit card, no pending reservation, no stay for many months, no Hyatt in mind for just as long.

If nothing more, Hyatt certainly has succeeded in getting my attention with this targeted promo. I will no longer be able to shake off Hyatt when I plan my next trip.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.