Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Diamond Challenge & M-Life

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2013, 10:03 am
Original Poster

The explanation the Diamond line supervisors and management has given is that because the stays with M-Life properties qualify for both stay and night credits they will apply to the challenge. As much as I know Hyatt is all supposed to be one team I tend to believe the people that have the authority to grant you Diamond status at the stroke of they keyboard than the guy in PR and Marketing.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 1:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, QF Platinum
Response via email from the Hyatt Global Centre:

Thank you for contacting Hyatt Gold Passport; I appreciate the
opportunity to assist you.

Please allow me to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused
you. I have gone to people higher than me and have verified your
question.

Please be advised, any "Eligible stays at Hyatt Hotels as well as at MGM
M-life locations will count towards the Diamond Trial Offer".

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any other assistance
with your Hyatt Gold Passport account.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 7:44 am

Just got this response querying diamond challenge & mlife
Went searching and found this thread. Bit disappointing Hyatt don't have a consistent stance on this.

Dear Mr. Arzach:

Thank you for contacting Hyatt Gold Passport; I appreciate the
opportunity to assist you.

Per your request, MGM resort stay do not count towards the 12 nights
required for the Diamond Trail Offer.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any other assistance
with your Hyatt Gold Passport account.

Best Regards,
Hyatt Sales Associate
Global Contact Center
Old Jul 18, 2013, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by arzach
Just got this response querying diamond challenge & mlife
Went searching and found this thread. Bit disappointing Hyatt don't have a consistent stance on this.
I wouldn't worry, it looks like it has been confirmed by others that these stays do indeed count. Still a bit annoying that they haven't all been informed of this and continue to spread misinformation, causing more confusion.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by bdelvec
Update: Vegas nights have posted to my account both Diamond Line CSR and an email from Gold Passport confirmed that my nights count for the challenge. The nights through M-Life can sometimes take upwards of 30 days to post Gold Passport will apply the nights retroactively so if you stay at a property during your challenge they will still count even if they don't post until after your challenge ends.
I wonder if you could post what your email said on here. I was kind of counting on my Vegas stays to round out my Diamond challenge and just got a message saying they don't count toward that. It would be nice to have some kind of back-up like "hey, you did this for them....why not everyone?" kind of thing.
Thanks
Old Jul 23, 2013, 10:09 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, CC, AA, UA, WN
Originally Posted by Scottrick
This is incorrect. @HyattPR has confirmed multiple times on Twitter that only stays at Hyatt properties, not MGM Resorts, will count toward a Diamond Trial.

Those stays at MGM will count toward maintaining your status at the end of the year, but not the trial.
Thanks Scott, almost made the mistake of booking a week long Vegas trip thinking it would count towards the Diamond trial!
Old Jul 23, 2013, 10:17 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, CC, AA, UA, WN
Originally Posted by Nick311
I wouldn't worry, it looks like it has been confirmed by others that these stays do indeed count. Still a bit annoying that they haven't all been informed of this and continue to spread misinformation, causing more confusion.
Ugh... which is it??? Guess I might have to take a gamble...
Old Jul 24, 2013, 1:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, QF Platinum
Originally Posted by DCAcubsfan
Ugh... which is it??? Guess I might have to take a gamble...
Private conversations with the Hyatt GP management team would suggest they are going to look at this on a case by case basis.

Sadly from what I have been told, due to the promotion by select parties on ways to use the diamond trial in a way which was not intended has pretty much closed the doors to everybody other than those that have it in writing regarding being able to claim MGM resort stays as part of the diamond trial.

It also looks like the grey areas will be removed when specific T&C's will be unveiled regarding the diamond trial and MGM/M-Life stays relating only to select rates, or locations (excluding the very cheap rates which have been mentioned in other threads at various MGM properties).
Old Jul 24, 2013, 4:35 pm

I have received three different emails (yes, I gave it a good try) that said NO WAY are MGM properties allowed to count toward the Diamond Challenge. Oh and the concierge via Twitter said the same. I thought maybe one of them would cut me some slack. No Diamond status for me and I'm over half-way there. Very sad.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by file51
Private conversations with the Hyatt GP management team would suggest they are going to look at this on a case by case basis.
This is what I have been told as well.

I wonder if you could post what your email said on here.
When TPG posted a road map to the Diamond Challenge at the Excalibur I knew the window was about to slam shut. I wrote an email immediately to HGP requesting that they confirm my stays would count toward the challenge. They responded with an email saying simply yes because stays at M-Life properties count both for night and stay credits I had nothing to worry about. After I got that email I called the Diamond Line requested that they put a note on my file stating the above info. As other posters have noted they are taking it on a case by case basis BUT when you sign up for a challenge you are sent an email which is basically terms an conditions between you and Hyatt which states:

"To maintain your Diamond status through February 20XX, simply stay 12 eligible nights within 60 days of enrollment. During this trial period, you will also earn 1,000 bonus points per night on your first six eligible nights to redeem for free nights, room upgrades, dining, spa treatments and more."

The question is what is the definition of eligible nights. One interpretation would be anything that gets you stay/night credit another interpretation is anything Hyatt deems. Plenty of grey for lawyers to play with.

The catch to all of this is when you request the Diamond Challenge the HGP rep that approves you for the challenge send you an email that states:

"In order to maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, you would need to complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment."

So the question becomes which is the official contract? I don't have that answer but i assume there are plenty of lawyers out there willing to provide their opinions.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 3:47 pm

This is my last email from Hyatt...I guess I missed the window. But I'm curious to know what they will do for me as stated below. ??

Thank you for contacting Hyatt Gold Passport; I appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

Please be advised that at this time, the stays at the MGM resorts are not eligible for stays toward the Diamond Challenge. However, a manager may be able to review your stays after check-out and see if there is anything else that we can do for you at that time. After checking out, please let me know so that we may review your stays.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

After my last reply I called the Diamond Line again they reassured me that my Mlife nights count and with my most recent booking they will be extending full Diamond status until Feb. 2015. Because it has become a case by case basis I would recommend having more than just M-Life stays during your challenge. By the time the Challenge period ends I will have 9 M-Life nights and 9 "Hyatt" property nights along with my emails and conversations with HGP. If your Challenge looks similar to mine I can't imagine them not making an "exception" for you (even though the T&C isn't clear)
Old Jul 25, 2013, 4:30 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Hello everyone,

Please be advised that Mlife stays do not count towards the Diamond Challenge. I apologize for any conflicting information you may have received.

If this causes any issues with you completing your Diamond Challenge, please PM us after you have completed your stays and we will consider these on a case-by-case basis.

Safe travels,

Dana M
Old Jul 29, 2013, 6:23 pm

opposite of what I have been told by every Hyatt Gold Passport rep

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Hello everyone,

Please be advised that Mlife stays do not count towards the Diamond Challenge. I apologize for any conflicting information you may have received.

If this causes any issues with you completing your Diamond Challenge, please PM us after you have completed your stays and we will consider these on a case-by-case basis.

Safe travels,

Dana M

Dana ,
This is the opposite of what every Gold pasport rep told me. I have 9 nights paid for at the park Hyatt Busan, but Hyatt only counts 5 of those to the Challenge "because u can't stay in 2 rooms at once" Frankly, you haven't seen how big I am, and I can always sleep in the doorway of the connecting rooms. SPG gives this credit. In any case, i met the terms of the offer and we shall see what happens when Jul 31 rolls around, but I'd be unlikely to spend some of the 60+ nights I have given to SPG this year, on Hyatt properties in the future if they change their agreements after realizing some rooms can be booked cheaply. Frankly, I live in Vegas, but I would have used Hyatt on my last trip to Africa except they had no hotels there.
I pay for all my stays out of pocket---i am a retired 100+ per night luxury leisure traveler and between SPG and LHW...there just wouldn't be any point "fighting over it" Besides, my AARP card prohibits excessive legal exertions.

Last edited by traderprofit; Jul 29, 2013 at 6:24 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jul 29, 2013, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What a strange rant - but seems in alignment with gimme gimme attitude on Hyatt board...
Pretty much everyone on this thread were told mlife stays are not counted for challenge.
I am not actually sure if spg counts multiple roomd for plat challenges - they certainly do not count award nights even though those are normally qualifying.

Originally Posted by traderprofit
Dana ,
This is the opposite of what every Gold pasport rep told me. I have 9 nights paid for at the park Hyatt Busan, but Hyatt only counts 5 of those to the Challenge "because u can't stay in 2 rooms at once" Frankly, you haven't seen how big I am, and I can always sleep in the doorway of the connecting rooms. SPG gives this credit. In any case, i met the terms of the offer and we shall see what happens when Jul 31 rolls around, but I'd be unlikely to spend some of the 60+ nights I have given to SPG this year, on Hyatt properties in the future if they change their agreements after realizing some rooms can be booked cheaply. Frankly, I live in Vegas, but I would have used Hyatt on my last trip to Africa except they had no hotels there.
I pay for all my stays out of pocket---i am a retired 100+ per night luxury leisure traveler and between SPG and LHW...there just wouldn't be any point "fighting over it" Besides, my AARP card prohibits excessive legal exertions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.