Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt and MGM Resorts New Loyalty Program Relationship Has Launched!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt and MGM Resorts New Loyalty Program Relationship Has Launched!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2014, 3:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, QF Platinum
Originally Posted by mjh218
Mlife is tough to deal with. Have been calling the Excalibur for 2 weeks to get them to post a stay so I can get Hyatt credit. I have had multiple hosts tell me they would take care of it. But I still don't have credit. Waiting for a call back from the Excalibur, whic hI am guessing will never come.
Your mistake is calling Excalibur, it is Mlife who need to fix things for you.

The problem is, as explained by hotel staff when I queried a non credit earlier this year on a following stay (which was fixed by Mlife cuts svc). The day you check out, the folio is uploaded the following morning, usually at around 1-2am. Any changes after that are not picked up by Mlife and will show on the hotels system, but not the central system which credits your account.

Given that, the hotel I am sure have checked and added your GP number to the folio, but that won't help getting credited unless further manual actions are provided.

Add to that, it takes up to 30 days to credit, so 2 weeks is not enough time
Old Oct 15, 2014, 9:08 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
i gotta to say i am extremely impressed with the incompetency of Mlife services. Sent them an email asking them to credit past stays:

Hello,

I am contacting you regarding 3 stays I had in February at MGM properties that have not posted to my hyatt gold passport account while I gave both my Mlife and Hyatt card at checking. I am hoping you can help.

Here is the info for the stays that I am not showing up:

My Mlife number is : XXXXXX
My Hyatt Gold Passport number is : YYYYYYY

- Luxor: February xx until February xxx, Room number xxxx, confirmation number: xxxxxxx

- VDara: February xx until February xx 2014, Room number xxxxx, confimation number: xxxxxxx

- New York New York : February xx until February xx 2014, Room number: xxxx, confirmation number xxxxxx

I thank you in advance for your help
Their answer that just came in today:

Mr Synd,

Following your request for Hyatt Gold Passport points earned during your stay, we do need an M life account number in order to process your request. As per the terms and conditions of the partnership between MGM Resorts and Hyatt Gold Passport; members of HGP wishing to earn points during stays at an MGM property must be a member of both programs before check-out and must present both numbers:

EARN HYATT GOLD PASSPORT POINTS AT M life RESORTS
How can I earn Hyatt Gold Passport points?
A guest must be both a member of M life and Hyatt Gold Passport to earn Hyatt Gold Passport points at M life resorts. At check-in, the member must notify the Front Desk agent they would like to earn Hyatt Gold Passport points and ask to add both their M life and Hyatt Gold Passport member numbers to their reservation.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 10:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, US Air Gold
Can anyone provide the Mlife email address? Thanks
Old Oct 15, 2014, 10:39 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
[email protected]
Old Nov 1, 2014, 4:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I just booked a stay on Mlife.com (logged in), which was cheaper when logged in. If I go to the hotel's own website, I see offers with freebies such as 2 free buffets or dining credit, but the rate is higher, and I don't see an option to login as a Mlife member, so I'm guessing those freebie offers require the higher rate, is that right? Or is it possible to combine the lower rate of Mlife.com and the freebies offered by the hotel website?
Old Nov 1, 2014, 5:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, QF Platinum
Originally Posted by italdesign
I just booked a stay on Mlife.com (logged in), which was cheaper when logged in. If I go to the hotel's own website, I see offers with freebies such as 2 free buffets or dining credit, but the rate is higher, and I don't see an option to login as a Mlife member, so I'm guessing those freebie offers require the higher rate, is that right? Or is it possible to combine the lower rate of Mlife.com and the freebies offered by the hotel website?
It is either/or... Can't be combined, however from time to time they do offer great bonus rates (including dining credits, etc) via Mlife
Old Nov 12, 2014, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
Not sure if this was mentioned upthread, but I didn't see it. You have to give your HGP number at check-in, even if your accounts are linked! I emailed to follow up on missing credit and this was the reply:

"Thank you for contacting M life Member Services. Our apologies for the delay. Even though the accounts are linked, both accounts (M life and Hyatt Gold Passport) must be presented at the front desk upon check-in. Our apologies if you had already done this."

They responded to the email within an hour, faster than any other company I've dealt with so +1 for that.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by WheelsFirst
Not sure if this was mentioned upthread, but I didn't see it. You have to give your HGP number at check-in, even if your accounts are linked! I emailed to follow up on missing credit and this was the reply:

"Thank you for contacting M life Member Services. Our apologies for the delay. Even though the accounts are linked, both accounts (M life and Hyatt Gold Passport) must be presented at the front desk upon check-in. Our apologies if you had already done this."

They responded to the email within an hour, faster than any other company I've dealt with so +1 for that.
Not in my experience, After the first stay I never gave my HGP number and have always gotten credit as long as the mlife number is attached.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by WheelsFirst
Not sure if this was mentioned upthread, but I didn't see it. You have to give your HGP number at check-in, even if your accounts are linked!
Thanks for the notice; I just added my Hyatt number to my folio (current stay).
Old Jan 5, 2015, 5:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, United Premier Exec
Shake Shack!!!

I read a review on yelp of the new Shake Shack that opened at NY NY last week that said Platinum / Noir Mlife status had a separate line at the new Shake Shack. I have found very little onsite benefits for my Plat matched status however if this is true, this is awesome as I love me some Shake Shack! Can anyone confirm?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 1:04 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
I just want to squelch the rumor that Hyatt entered into this partnership with Mlife because Mlife's website technical performance would make Hyatt's look good in comparison.

There is no truth to this rumor. None whatsover.
LOL!

Originally Posted by cw082350
They had me linked up with my Hyatt Diamond to Mlife Platinum , but now with the October rollover on Mlife its gone...guess I will have to call again and get relinked...ugh
I've got this same issue. Any (relatively) easy way to get back to Mlife Plat?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by iflyjetz
LOL!

I've got this same issue. Any (relatively) easy way to get back to Mlife Plat?
I was able to do it easily using the online match tool.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 8:10 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by ellinj
I was able to do it easily using the online match tool.
Thanks; that wasn't an option earlier today on the website (broken again). I emailed mlife on this a couple of days ago, including a screenshot of my Hyatt plat status. Looks like they updated me to Plat this evening. I'll be using the status tomorrow at the Aria so I wanted to make sure I got it changed from Gold to Plat.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by Allaboutthepoints
I read a review on yelp of the new Shake Shack that opened at NY NY last week that said Platinum / Noir Mlife status had a separate line at the new Shake Shack. I have found very little onsite benefits for my Plat matched status however if this is true, this is awesome as I love me some Shake Shack! Can anyone confirm?
Saw this and immediately thought of your post.

http://www.vegaschatter.com/story/20...At+Shake+Shack
Old Mar 8, 2015, 10:07 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Why your MGM property may be an old worn & tired Dog

I'm a big fan of the MGM partnership with Hyatt( ok relationship to be politically correct with the Hyatt folks who always like to correct me
The better MGM hotels I have formed relationships with in Las Vegas have been exceptional to me perhaps treating me even better than many a Hyatt!
On the other hand MGM has some properties that are certainly not something discerning folks would want to stay in especially Circus Circus which thankfully doesn't even participate
I thought this article summed it all up pretty well
So watch out for that the dodgy lower end property before it is imploded one day

http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...ation-hin.aspx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.