Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt and MGM Resorts New Loyalty Program Relationship Has Launched!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt and MGM Resorts New Loyalty Program Relationship Has Launched!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2022, 10:01 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Question

Has anyone else experienced this problem . . . As MGM Gold I get emails for promos, some pretty good ones. Last one was a discount on the room rate plus $30-$75 per day food and beverage credit, had to be booked by June 30. I must have received 25 email messages reminding me to book my stay with this promo. Waited until June 29 to figure out dates then proceeded. I was able to book my first range of dates, but after that I received an error code that this offer wasn't for me--tried various MGM properties and dates over 2 months. I was even able to bring up the promo code but there's no way to put in a code. Called MGM 4 different times, including referred to "VIP" number, and all they'd say is they couldn't do anything to help. Last agent put me hold awhile, came back and said only eligible for one booking (no where in the T&C's did it state that). Very frustrating as this has happened before with other promos they've offered (error code "you are not eligible"). Wondering if anyone was able to get this promo more than once--for future reference if it comes up again. Thanks.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 10:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Steph58
Has anyone else experienced this problem . . . As MGM Gold I get emails for promos, some pretty good ones. Last one was a discount on the room rate plus $30-$75 per day food and beverage credit, had to be booked by June 30. I must have received 25 email messages reminding me to book my stay with this promo. Waited until June 29 to figure out dates then proceeded. I was able to book my first range of dates, but after that I received an error code that this offer wasn't for me--tried various MGM properties and dates over 2 months. I was even able to bring up the promo code but there's no way to put in a code. Called MGM 4 different times, including referred to "VIP" number, and all they'd say is they couldn't do anything to help. Last agent put me hold awhile, came back and said only eligible for one booking (no where in the T&C's did it state that). Very frustrating as this has happened before with other promos they've offered (error code "you are not eligible"). Wondering if anyone was able to get this promo more than once--for future reference if it comes up again. Thanks.
MGM Email Promos are typically one use, similar to gaming offers like $100 F&B credit and $50 FreePlay. They send a new one out every quarter though.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 3:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Matt4200, Thanks very much for that info. This will save me a lot of frustration in the future. Yes, I'm hoping I'll receive the same promo in a month or two and then I can use a better strategy since I know now I'll only be able to use it once. FWIW one of the reps told me there has to be 72 hours between promo codes, you can't book them back-to-back.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by Steph58
Matt4200, Thanks very much for that info. This will save me a lot of frustration in the future. Yes, I'm hoping I'll receive the same promo in a month or two and then I can use a better strategy since I know now I'll only be able to use it once. FWIW one of the reps told me there has to be 72 hours between promo codes, you can't book them back-to-back.
Yes, so even if you do get two promos emailed there has to be 3 days between stays using targeted promo offers. However, if they are publicly available offers (like $10 extra for $25 F&B) you can do them back to back.

Also, the max back to back days you can do is 14 if you do 15 then none will count for Hyatt or MGM credit.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Yes, so even if you do get two promos emailed there has to be 3 days between stays using targeted promo offers. However, if they are publicly available offers (like $10 extra for $25 F&B) you can do them back to back.

Also, the max back to back days you can do is 14 if you do 15 then none will count for Hyatt or MGM credit.
I wasn’t aware of the maximum 14 back to back nights rule? I think you can only book a 13 nights stay on a single reservation. If you checkout after 13 nights it should post so if another 13 night stay is completed why wouldn’t the second 13 nights post? Would the first 13 nights be clawed back because of the 14 night rule?
Old Jul 12, 2022, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
I wasn’t aware of the maximum 14 back to back nights rule? I think you can only book a 13 nights stay on a single reservation. If you checkout after 13 nights it should post so if another 13 night stay is completed why wouldn’t the second 13 nights post? Would the first 13 nights be clawed back because of the 14 night rule?
Not sure anyone has tried but it’s in both Hyatt and MGM’s policy. I’d guess anyone needing or wanting to stay 26-28 days in Vegas would do 1 night at a separate property (likely next door like staying at Park MGM then 1 night at MGM Grand or NYNY) in between to get the full credit.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 7:04 am

Is the Hyatt relationship still limited to MGM's LV properties?
Old Aug 31, 2022, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by JetAway
Is the Hyatt relationship still limited to MGM's LV properties?
Yes.

II. Participating MGM Rewards Destinations

Members may earn points and Tier-Qualifying Nights in the Program only at the MGM properties listed below (collectively the “MGM Rewards destinations”). Other resorts owned, operated, or licensed by MGM or participating in MGM Rewards are not eligible.
  • Bellagio®
  • ARIA®
  • Vdara®
  • MGM Grand®
  • The Signature at MGM Grand®
  • Mandalay Bay®
  • Delano™ Las Vegas
  • Park MGM™
  • NoMad Las Vegas®
  • The Mirage®
  • New York New York®
  • Luxor®
  • Excalibur®
https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...erms.html#/IID

Note, T&C's will need to be updated when Cosmo fully incorporates into MGM.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by Troopers
Yes.

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...erms.html#/IID

Note, T&C's will need to be updated when Cosmo fully incorporates into MGM.
It’s my strong belief that Cosmo will never incorporate into the Hyatt portion of MGM. I believe it will be a standalone property in that aspect and stay tied to Bonvoy as it’s priced effective for them since that partnership began.

However, a new development has happened. If you’re staying at Bellagio, Aria, Park MGM, or MGM Grand you can now charge any dining charges at Cosmo to your room at these properties (and Vice versa). Meaning you can technically earn Hyatt Points at Cosmo currently by having Cosmo charges sent to your folio if staying at one of these 4 properties.

While that is a new policy that’s been implemented by both MGM and Cosmo I’m definitely interested to see if it’s done smoothly to get these charges sent to folios at these properties or with some difficulty.

If anyone has tried I’d love to hear.
AirbusFan2B likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 8:00 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Not sure anyone has tried but it’s in both Hyatt and MGM’s policy. I’d guess anyone needing or wanting to stay 26-28 days in Vegas would do 1 night at a separate property (likely next door like staying at Park MGM then 1 night at MGM Grand or NYNY) in between to get the full credit.
To add to that MGM has a weird rule that if you are on a promotional rate example a package rate with dining credit or some other package booked through MGM you cannot return to an MGM property for 72 hours to the property you are in or another MGM property.I always move to Resorts World as a result 🤷‍♂️🙄 The exception would be a non promotional rate

I found this out when I tried to prepay my room prior to arrival
while traveling for the month
They also wanted 20 dollars extra for a convenience
fee to accept my fax and process the C card 😳
Not certain how or if they enforce the rule besides quoting it
Because Bonvoy is a separate program I don’t think that would
be a problem at all but that said the rates at Cosmo rare now the highest I have ever seen them.Prior to the pandemic I stayed for 90 to 200 dollars a night non weekends
Now I see 90 k a night redemptions like a Park Hyatt NYC night and sky high revenue rates which brought me to resorts world
and others.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 8:17 am

It’s my strong belief that Cosmo will never incorporate into the Hyatt portion of MGM. I believe it will be a standalone property in that aspect and stay tied to Bonvoy as it’s priced effective for them since that partnership began.

However, a new development has happened. If you’re staying at Bellagio, Aria, Park MGM, or MGM Grand you can now charge any dining charges at Cosmo to your room at these properties (and Vice versa). Meaning you can technically earn Hyatt Points at Cosmo currently by having Cosmo charges sent to your folio if staying at one of these 4 properties.

While that is a new policy that’s been implemented by both MGM and Cosmo I’m definitely interested to see if it’s done smoothly to get these charges sent to folios at these properties or with some difficulty.

If anyone has tried I’d love to hear.
Cosmo doesn’t have anything I want to dine at since they lost Milos to the Venetian.Agree with your thoughts fully
the Cosmo under the Marriott Bonvoy eco system is a cash cow which they will continue to milk 🐄

Marriott has many non price sensitive customers who book anything as long as it’s Marriott related to Bonvoid
Also Cosmo has never waived resort fees when I’ve asked.
One kind agent was willing to offer me a dining credit instead as their hands are tied refunding resort fees.
Shy of finding a body in the room no waiver of the resort fees in my own experiences 🤯.

The real upsides to Cosmo for higher tier elites are real elite check in,solid suite upgrades from rooms and a 2 PM late check out with no hostile push back from MGM or 100 to 200 fees for a later check out.
My guess is with the onslaught of newly minted Platinum members from the Amex giveaway with their premium CC that may likely change

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Oct 13, 2022 at 8:26 am
Old Oct 13, 2022, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Cosmo doesn’t have anything I want to dine at since they lost Milos to the Venetian.Agree with your thoughts fully
the Cosmo under the Marriott Bonvoy eco system is a cash cow which they will continue to milk 🐄

Marriott has many non price sensitive customers who book anything as long as it’s Marriott related to Bonvoid
Also Cosmo has never waived resort fees when I’ve asked.
One kind agent was willing to offer me a dining credit instead as their hands are tied refunding resort fees.
Shy of finding a body in the room no waiver of the resort fees in my own experiences 🤯.

The real upsides to Cosmo for higher tier elites are real elite check in,solid suite upgrades from rooms and a 2 PM late check out with no hostile push back from MGM or 100 to 200 fees for a later check out.
My guess is with the onslaught of newly minted Platinum members from the Amex giveaway with their premium CC that may likely change
For dining at Cosmo -

Secret Pizza (Yes they do room charges I’ve done it) which is easily the best pizza on the strip, best to get a whole pie.

Wicked Spoon Buffet - I would say pre-COVID it was the 2nd best buffet on the strip, since Wynn shut theirs down (which is just a massive loss for everyone) Wicked Spoon is now the best buffet on the strip, with Caesars coming 2nd. If you have a party of 4 at the buffet you could easily run $200 in charges.

As for Cosmo I don’t see them switching out from Bonvoy to Hyatt even with giving away status. I actually see few Bonvoy guests overall, especially with the exceedingly high cash rates and points redemptions.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 1:00 pm

For dining at Cosmo -

Secret Pizza (Yes they do room charges I’ve done it) which is easily the best pizza on the strip, best to get a whole pie.

Wicked Spoon Buffet - I would say pre-COVID it was the 2nd best buffet on the strip, since Wynn shut theirs down (which is just a massive loss for everyone) Wicked Spoon is now the best buffet on the strip, with Caesars coming 2nd. If you have a party of 4 at the buffet you could easily run $200 in charges.

As for Cosmo I don’t see them switching out from Bonvoy to Hyatt even with giving away status. I actually see few Bonvoy guests overall, especially with the exceedingly high cash rates and points redemptions.
Did the buffet for breakfast @ Cosmo and experienced a massive amount and variety of food choices but not up to the
Waldorf Breakfast (Zen Caf )or Sadelles in Bellagio for my personal tastes .
Of course thats all subjective and if you enjoy thats all that matters.I'm a big fan of bagel cafe albeit a good ride from the strip.
Wicked spoon reminds me somewhat of the Aria Buffet also now closed as some others have.
My mention of giving away Platinum status is that Cosmo may likely water down perks when there are swarms of Platinums especially
on weekends.Not at all related to leaving Bonvoy in the foreseeable future
Old Oct 13, 2022, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Did the buffet for breakfast @ Cosmo and experienced a massive amount and variety of food choices but not up to the
Waldorf Breakfast (Zen Caf )or Sadelles in Bellagio for my personal tastes .
Of course thats all subjective and if you enjoy thats all that matters.I'm a big fan of bagel cafe albeit a good ride from the strip.
Wicked spoon reminds me somewhat of the Aria Buffet also now closed as some others have.
My mention of giving away Platinum status is that Cosmo may likely water down perks when there are swarms of Platinums especially
on weekends.Not at all related to leaving Bonvoy in the foreseeable future
Never had the Waldorf Breakfast or Sadelle’s though I have eaten dozens of times at Sadelle’s predecessor Bellagio Cafe which was absolutely superb. I would not try Sadelle’s due to friends and family stating on many occasions that it’s nowhere near the quality of the Bellagio Cafe sadly. It’s strange too because the Bellagio Cafe was always exceedingly busy, with impressive service.

As someone who’s eaten at Wicked Spoon dozens of times pre and post pandemic I would never recommend to anyone to attend their Breakfast Buffet, even if you’re getting unlimited Mimosas.

I would however highly recommend lunch and dinner.

For me personally even the most luxurious of Breakfast Buffets are just good, nothing I would go out of my way to have as a Globalist I’m just accustomed to them being free and adequate whether it’s at a PH, HR or Vegas.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 1:56 pm

So much good food not on the strip...eating on the strip is an exercise in overpriced food that is never as good as the cost it brings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.