Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt and MGM Resorts New Loyalty Program Relationship Has Launched!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt and MGM Resorts New Loyalty Program Relationship Has Launched!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2021, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by Hoc
Just wondering, since mlife hotels are available through mlife for about half of what they cost on Hyatt.com. So, if I book at the mlife price, and then give my Hyatt number on checkin, will I get Hyatt room credit?
As long as WoH and Mlife accounts are linked, the WoH number doesn't even need to be provided at check-in. Occasionally the credit might not make it to WoH, which can be resolved by e-mailing [email protected] .
dpb132 and Warriorconcept like this.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by gengar
As long as WoH and Mlife accounts are linked, the WoH number doesn't even need to be provided at check-in. Occasionally the credit might not make it to WoH, which can be resolved by e-mailing [email protected] .
This is all correct. Just make sure the WoH nights aren't all free (comped), if they are you won't get any stay credit.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Link your accounts ahead of time. Don't rely on the check-in agent.
TravelingChef likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 10:40 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Is linking just a matter of using this link? https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ier-match.html

I'm guessing it's unlikely to get a FHR Mlife stay credited to Hyatt, right?
Old Aug 13, 2021, 11:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by WasKnown
Is linking just a matter of using this link? https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ier-match.html

I'm guessing it's unlikely to get a FHR Mlife stay credited to Hyatt, right?
That's the link. And yes, you can credit MLife FHR stays to Hyatt. When making the FHR booking, include your MLife number in the comments. When checking in, confirm that you're earning tier credits and then ask that your Hyatt number also be added. I've never had FHR stays not ultimately post.
TravelingChef and WasKnown like this.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 4:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist; Aeroplan 35k; Alaska MVP Gold; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by CLEguy
That's the link. And yes, you can credit MLife FHR stays to Hyatt. When making the FHR booking, include your MLife number in the comments. When checking in, confirm that you're earning tier credits and then ask that your Hyatt number also be added. I've never had FHR stays not ultimately post.
This is all 100% correct. Emphasis on "ultimately post..." I've had 4 of these FHR MLife nights this year. 2 posted 7-10 days later as they should have, with no issue. The other two only posted with my Hyatt concierge manually taking care of it a month later.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 3:42 pm

Programs: Globallist
MLiFE. Hyatt Partnership

maybe someone can help me here? I remember seeing in the WOH Terms and Conditions

my example.

stay at the Bellagio

5 nights

3 are paid. 2 are comped. I’ve always received 5 tier nights. I remember reading in the WOH terms. “If at least one night is paid you earn all nights as tier nights”

Ring a bell to anyone? If someone can post that piece of the TOCs. I would appreciate the help

recently I had a stay. It needed to be manually posted. Only got credit for the one night paid. Not the entire stay.

Last edited by creativeguess1; Oct 4, 2021 at 5:49 pm
Old Oct 4, 2021, 8:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by creativeguess1
MLiFE. Hyatt Partnership

maybe someone can help me here? I remember seeing in the WOH Terms and Conditions

my example.

stay at the Bellagio

5 nights

3 are paid. 2 are comped. I’ve always received 5 tier nights. I remember reading in the WOH terms. “If at least one night is paid you earn all nights as tier nights”

Ring a bell to anyone? If someone can post that piece of the TOCs. I would appreciate the help

recently I had a stay. It needed to be manually posted. Only got credit for the one night paid. Not the entire stay.

You said 3 were paid so why would you only get credit for one night paid, unless you you only paid for one night?

I ask because you said “the one night paid”.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In my experience if there's at least one paid night and it posts automatically you'll get credit for all of the nights in the stay. If you have to request manual credit then there's no guarantee.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4200
You said 3 were paid so why would you only get credit for one night paid, unless you you only paid for one night?

I ask because you said “the one night paid”.

my understanding and I saw this once in WOH terms and conditions, if you have at least one night paid, your entire stay gets tier credits. This has been my experience for at least 2 years now. I’m arguing with WOH Rep who says it’s only the nights paid. I believe this is incorrect. I just can’t find the verbiage.

so if 5 nights were comped. You get 0
if one night paid. And 4 comped. You get 5

it could have changed in WOH terms in the past 2 months. Kind of doubt it, but it’s possible. I just can’t find it. Someone posted a screen shot in the past year, can’t find that on FT either.

feels like whether this is a manual post or automatically post it would still follow WOH terms and conditions, not just a “wait and see” moment.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 1:12 pm

my understanding and I saw this once in WOH terms and conditions, if you have at least one night paid, your entire stay gets tier credits. This has been my experience for at least 2 years now. I’m arguing with WOH Rep who says it’s only the nights paid. I believe this is incorrect. I just can’t find the verbiage.

so if 5 nights were comped. You get 0
if one night paid. And 4 comped. You get 5

it could have changed in WOH terms in the past 2 months. Kind of doubt it, but it’s possible. I just can’t find it. Someone posted a screen shot in the past year, can’t find that on FT either.

feels like whether this is a manual post or automatically post it would still follow WOH terms and conditions, not just a “wait and see” moment.
I feel like that wasn’t an actual term but more of something that just happened when stays would automatically post.

After doing hefty research here’s the actual term -

“What is considered an M life Rewards-Eligible Night at the participating M life Rewards destinations?

An M life Rewards-Eligible Night is:

1. Any night where payment is made directly to a participating M life Rewards destination; OR

2. Bookings made through hyatt.com (including World of Hyatt free night award stays); OR

3. Bookings made through a Hyatt Global Contact Center.

Reservations made through third party on-line sites and services (such as Expedia, Priceline or hotels.com), M life Rewards complimentary room stays, master account group bookings, traditional wholesale rates, media rates, Hyatt employee discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers, or contracted rooms are not M life Rewards-Eligible Nights. In addition, for any stay at an M life Rewards destination of fifteen (15) or more nights, no night of the stay will qualify as an M life Rewards-Eligible Night, even if such night otherwise meets the requirements described above.”

https://help.hyatt.com/en/faqs/world...nship.html#/10
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4200
I feel like that wasn’t an actual term but more of something that just happened when stays would automatically post.

After doing hefty research here’s the actual term -

“What is considered an M life Rewards-Eligible Night at the participating M life Rewards destinations?

An M life Rewards-Eligible Night is:

1. Any night where payment is made directly to a participating M life Rewards destination; OR

2. Bookings made through hyatt.com (including World of Hyatt free night award stays); OR

3. Bookings made through a Hyatt Global Contact Center.

Reservations made through third party on-line sites and services (such as Expedia, Priceline or hotels.com), M life Rewards complimentary room stays, master account group bookings, traditional wholesale rates, media rates, Hyatt employee discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers, or contracted rooms are not M life Rewards-Eligible Nights. In addition, for any stay at an M life Rewards destination of fifteen (15) or more nights, no night of the stay will qualify as an M life Rewards-Eligible Night, even if such night otherwise meets the requirements described above.”

https://help.hyatt.com/en/faqs/world...nship.html#/10

well that seems to say the opposite of what I’ve experienced. Excellent IT per usual.

thanks for tracking this down for me. I’ll shut up now. 🤣
Old Oct 5, 2021, 2:20 pm

well that seems to say the opposite of what I’ve experienced. Excellent IT per usual.

thanks for tracking this down for me. I’ll shut up now. 🤣
Yeah I feel like it’s been more of just something that happened commonly when stays automatically posted with a mix of paid and comp nights rather than it actually being policy.

Last edited by Matt4200; Oct 6, 2021 at 2:37 am
Old Oct 5, 2021, 2:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
I have had multi-night stays in which all but one night were fully comped, and I received credit for the entirety of the stay.

My guess is that the automated MLife process sends Hyatt the check-in date, check-out date, and the eligible rate total. Hyatt then averages that total across the stay to arrive at an average daily rate. If that ADR = 0, no nightly credit.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by CLEguy
I have had multi-night stays in which all but one night were fully comped, and I received credit for the entirety of the stay.

My guess is that the automated MLife process sends Hyatt the check-in date, check-out date, and the eligible rate total. Hyatt then averages that total across the stay to arrive at an average daily rate. If that ADR = 0, no nightly credit.
I’d agree with that which is why when it has to be posted manually you don’t get all the EQN you would have otherwise. But it’s definitely not a policy to give full EQN credit for comped MGM nights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.