Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt and MGM Resorts New Loyalty Program Relationship Has Launched!

Hyatt and MGM Resorts New Loyalty Program Relationship Has Launched!

Old Mar 10, 15, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by Allaboutthepoints View Post
I read a review on yelp of the new Shake Shack that opened at NY NY last week that said Platinum / Noir Mlife status had a separate line at the new Shake Shack. I have found very little onsite benefits for my Plat matched status however if this is true, this is awesome as I love me some Shake Shack! Can anyone confirm?
Can confirm as of an early Feb. visit. Of 3 separate visits over a week period, 2 had no/very little "regular" line queues (weeknights) so no need to use the pass lane. 3rd visit was Sat. afternoon, and the regular line was out the door, down the steps, and stretching out to the street by the big NYNY sign; Plat line empty. Took the opportunity to try out the Plat bypass, and was in-and-out in under 15 mins. Got some dirty looks from the "regulars", however... Noticed some people were still in line by the time we finished eating.

Have also used Plat status to...

Bypass Bellagio buffet "regular" line a couple times.

Used the Luxor VIP lounge a few times, including for checkout, and to bypass the long checkin line.

Also (sort of) late checkout at several properties. Only a couple hours later, but better than nothing.
Old Mar 10, 15, 6:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, QF Platinum
Was just there a few hours ago... (Shake Shack) and at the time there were approx 20-25 people in line... I went straight to the front via the Plat/Noir line and was out the door a few minutes later... at least half the people that were lined up when I arrived were still waiting to place there order.

I imagine on weekends, or when big events are on this perk is one of the better ones in the Mlife program
Old Mar 10, 15, 7:41 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound View Post
So watch out for that the dodgy lower end property before it is imploded one day

http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...ation-hin.aspx
It's a cash cow for MGM but wouldn't be surprised if they sell it for the right price.
Old Mar 10, 15, 9:14 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
The Excalibur isn't bad. I've done mattress runs there; IMHO the rooms are in better shape than the Luxor. And they've at least put in WiFi in the Excalibur - when I did mattress runs there in 2014, they had wired internet in the rooms.
The rooms in the Excalibur are clean and the gym's OK. I think they're keeping up the property.
I've gotten rooms there for under $25 plus ~$20 resort fees. Subtract the $20 coupon for one of their restaurants and it's the cheapest mattress run I've found.

I haven't been inside of Circus Circus for around 20 years - I'll have to check them out sometime.
Old Mar 10, 15, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by iflyjetz View Post
The Excalibur isn't bad. I've done mattress runs there; IMHO the rooms are in better shape than the Luxor. And they've at least put in WiFi in the Excalibur - when I did mattress runs there in 2014, they had wired internet in the rooms.
The rooms in the Excalibur are clean and the gym's OK. I think they're keeping up the property.
I've gotten rooms there for under $25 plus ~$20 resort fees. Subtract the $20 coupon for one of their restaurants and it's the cheapest mattress run I've found.

I haven't been inside of Circus Circus for around 20 years - I'll have to check them out sometime.
I've gotta ask, when you did the mattress run did you actually sleep there?
Old Mar 11, 15, 1:25 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by awaite01 View Post
I've gotta ask, when you did the mattress run did you actually sleep there?
Yes and no. I've done both. It all depends on where my wife wants to sleep - at home or on the strip. (We moved to Vegas last fall)

I've got no problem sleeping at the Excalibur. It's not a HR/GH/PH, but Excalibur's not a dive. My wife and I have like Excalibur better than Luxor, although I haven't booked a Luxor room in at least 9 months.
Old Mar 11, 15, 3:44 am

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
Is it only in Vegas that this partnership is taking place?
Old Mar 11, 15, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by CanfordCliffs View Post
Is it only in Vegas that this partnership is taking place?
Yes. And it doesn't include Circus Circus.
Old Mar 11, 15, 11:19 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I like the Hyatt - MLife partnership. It caused me to try some properties in Vegas which I would not have otherwise tried. I think the elite treatment (room upgrade, VIP lounge, expedited checkin, etc.) is decent, especially considering that I had never spent a dime with mLife before. I'm very happy with mLife as it offers us some real options in Vegas. The Hyatt Place is not a real option if you're attending an event on the strip.
Old Mar 11, 15, 11:45 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Some of these lower end properties have dismal ratings/scores
Platinum M life can help with getting a better room or suite but not solve the tired dated feeling of these places
Coming from Vdara Aria and Bellagio one could be in for a rude awakening if one is accustomed to the typical high MGM standards
Of course these low priced properties can be a real value for those that aren't expecting a premium experience and comfortable trading down for a bargain price
I am told that Circus Circus has a really good steakhouse
I certainly wont be staying there under any circumstances
Old Mar 12, 15, 12:16 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Titanium
Some of these lower end properties have dismal ratings/scores
Platinum M life can help with getting a better room or suite but not solve the tired dated feeling of these places
Coming from Vdara Aria and Bellagio one could be in for a rude awakening if one is accustomed to the typical high MGM standards
Of course these low priced properties can be a real value for those that aren't expecting a premium experience and comfortable trading down for a bargain price
I am told that Circus Circus has a really good steakhouse
I certainly wont be staying there under any circumstances
IMHO, Bellagio's basic rooms aren't that great either.

I keep hearing about their steakhouse as well. However, it's just too out of the way. I'd rather go to Charlie Palmer's for their cut of the week.
Old Mar 12, 15, 12:28 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp View Post
IMHO, Bellagio's basic rooms aren't that great either.

I keep hearing about their steakhouse as well. However, it's just too out of the way. I'd rather go to Charlie Palmer's for their cut of the week.
Probably true however Aria and Vdara get my mile hound approval
Bellagio public areas are nice enough would imagine the rooms standard to be decent
Agreed with the distance I typically go to The Palm @Ceasers or Smith and Wollensky on the strip
I have also tried Jean Georges last week at Aria
I'm told The Steakhouse at CC is old world but good eating

http://www.circuscircus.com/dining/the_steakhouse.aspx
Old Mar 12, 15, 1:19 am

777 Global Mile Hound, I agree with you that anyone expecting an upscale experience for less than $100/nt all in on cheap nights will be disappointed.

When we were looking for a house in Vegas last year, I traveled to Vegas a couple of times by myself and did quite a bit of hotel hopping. So far, I've stayed at (rank ordered in my personal opinion best to worst):
Delano
Mandalay Bay
Signature at MGM
Mirage
MGM Grand
Monte Carlo
New York New York
Excalibur
Luxor

I've been trying to talk my wife into Aria or Vdara but she loves the Mirage because of their toiletries so it's been a tough sell.

Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy View Post
I like the Hyatt - MLife partnership. It caused me to try some properties in Vegas which I would not have otherwise tried. I think the elite treatment (room upgrade, VIP lounge, expedited checkin, etc.) is decent, especially considering that I had never spent a dime with mLife before. I'm very happy with mLife as it offers us some real options in Vegas. The Hyatt Place is not a real option if you're attending an event on the strip.
Definitely. I also stayed at some Caesars properties last year in order to get me to SPG50. I really like the Hyatt and SPG partnerships, but prefer the Hyatt one over the SPG one. MLife properties are on average nicer than Caesars properties.
It's gotten to the point where I tell them at Excalibur to NOT upgrade me when I know I'm not staying the night ... no need to waste an upgraded room on me when it's going to be empty.
Old Mar 21, 15, 8:29 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
I have not stayed at Excibur, but Luxor was fine for me on two occasions. I preferred the tower rooms over the Pyramid. It's not an HR, but ok for Vegas.

We used to stay at the Las Vegas Hilton before it was lost forever..... Minus the perks of the Hilton, Luxor is a step up
Old Mar 22, 15, 7:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, AA 3MM EXP
I stayed at VDara over a month ago, booked it through the Hyatt website, and I've noted that: 1) I did not get stay credit; 2) I did not get points; 3) when my Hyatt card printed, I did not get 3X points only 1X.

I called Hyatt GP Diamond line, they said they had no clue.

I called VDara front desk, they said my GP number WAS in the res.

What gives?

Search this Thread