Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt and MGM Resorts New Loyalty Program Relationship Has Launched!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt and MGM Resorts New Loyalty Program Relationship Has Launched!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2013, 2:15 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by JackE
I go to Vegas 2-3 times a year and during those times there are plenty of visitors. I've seen it dead (during the financial crisis) and what I see now is completely different.

Of course there are more consumer choices; there are more choices for entertainment dollars of all sorts.

Anyone who doesn't like the new partnership can simply ignore it. I for one appreciate the ability to work on Hyatt status without having to stay at the HP. Not slamming HP, as that still has its place.
FD1971's a Hyatt Hater. Just don't say bad things about SPG to him.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
I haven't joined MLife yet, but a friend who has joined says she's receiving a lot of promotional emails from them. Is this common?
Old Jun 22, 2013, 4:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Firewind
I haven't joined MLife yet, but a friend who has joined says she's receiving a lot of promotional emails from them. Is this common?
I just got one as a reminder for leaving a room in my shopping cart, but I have not received an excessive amount. YMMV.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 4:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by iflyjetz
I hate broccoli, which is why I don't frequent any broccoli discussion boards.

However, I do like SPG since they stepped up their game last year. They did steal back a lot of my stays. Still a very happy Diamond, though.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by JackE
I just got one as a reminder for leaving a room in my shopping cart, but I have not received an excessive amount. YMMV.
What -- do they have a photo of you doing it from their security camera? I mean, I've seen some wild parties in Las Vegas, but remember, "What happens in..." !

But, seriously, JackE, thank you.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 5:17 pm

I joined MLife a while back but, as I remember, there is a check box that defaults to receive marketing emails from ALL MGM properties.

This is probably why your friend got so many: Each property sends their own promos and a new signup is fresh meat.

Tell your friend that she can log into her MLife account and change her preferences to only receive marketing from the properties that she wants
Old Jun 22, 2013, 5:25 pm

Thank you, Mr Silberman. Just so. Actually, both of us are neutral about it, and I tried to ask about it that way. I may have nuanced it poorly. We just wondered if it's de rigueur.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 12:04 am

Thank you, Mr Silberman. Just so. Actually, both of us are neutral about it, and I tried to ask about it that way. I may have nuanced it poorly. We just wondered if it's de rigueur.
After the initial sign up wave was over, I get about one a month per property. I'm not so interested in the rate promos but appreciate the event promo since it lets me know what's going on in town so I can plan a trip if I want.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 1:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by iflyjetz
Yeah, I'm a Hyatt Hater.

Well, if you stay at any SPG property in Tucson, you cannot stop saying bad things about SPG as well.

BTW, still Diamond, still seeing lots of suites for free, however kinda hating the way Jeff fools his loyal customers since years, especially the ones from Europe. Kinda hating the sub-par ( for Hyatt standards ) new properties in Europe as well.

Do not get me wrong, the Andaz Amsterdam is light years ahead of the Excalibur, although certain design features might be interchangeable

So let's wait until Jeff wants to sell us the latest award price increase, which is probably just around the corner.

On the other hand, the Excalibur for 12k is still a very good deal.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 1:43 am

Im excited about this new partnership. I prob wouldnt book an award night at any prop in Vegas, since its so easy to get cheap rooms at pretty much any of these properties if you time it correctly, but I will be happy to earn Hyatt points for the stays.

I got engaged in Vegas. My, now husband, booked a suite in one of the properties included in this list and proposed to me on the first night of the trip in the suite (which he had the hotel decorate with a bazillion candles and roses and champagne - really sweet), and we haven't had a chance to go back to that hotel since our engagement trip, despite regularly saying we should. I guess we can at least justify the trip a bit more now with the new MGM/Hyatt relationship.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 2:05 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton HHonors Gold, Marriott Platinum
Glad that the partnership works both way (earn MLife points at Hyatt hotels AND earn Hyatt points at MLife hotels) I probably will go for the later option, since it makes more sense to save points for Hyatt rewards.

It will be ideal if we can move points between Hyatt and MLife.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 11:28 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by FD1971
Yeah, I'm a Hyatt Hater.

Well, if you stay at any SPG property in Tucson, you cannot stop saying bad things about SPG as well.

BTW, still Diamond, still seeing lots of suites for free, however kinda hating the way Jeff fools his loyal customers since years, especially the ones from Europe. Kinda hating the sub-par ( for Hyatt standards ) new properties in Europe as well.

Do not get me wrong, the Andaz Amsterdam is light years ahead of the Excalibur, although certain design features might be interchangeable

So let's wait until Jeff wants to sell us the latest award price increase, which is probably just around the corner.

On the other hand, the Excalibur for 12k is still a very good deal.
Not to start a flame war, but according to the SPG website, I've got 397 SPG nights since 2003, including one (mattress run) night at the Tucson airport 4 Points on Dec 29 2012 - needed one more stay to hit 25 last year. I only stopped by the room for a couple of minutes but it looked like a decent room; no complaints.

I understand that you're unhappy about the Hyatt loyalty program degradation. However, for me, it is the best loyalty program currently out there. We all weight different aspects of hotels/hotel loyalty programs differently. I currently have Marriott Plat (didn't meet Plat requirements last year; have fallen from Plat Premiere), SPG Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, and Hyatt Diamond; for the things that I find important, I find Hyatt to have the best loyalty program. Don't get me wrong, I'll stay at a hotel with any of those chains if it is a better value to me than Hyatt's offering in that town.
I find weaknesses in ALL hotel loyalty programs. In Hyatt's case, they don't have enough properties, their club lounges usually don't have hot food offerings, and many times I can find a much better price with other hotel chains.
Because I used to be more price sensitive than I am today (almost all of my stays are on my dime), I avoided Hyatt. I finally did a Diamond trial late 2011, and as part of meeting the trial requirements, I spent four nights at the Las Vegas Hyatt Place. I was very unhappy with the gaping hole in Hyatt's program in Vegas. Until Hyatt inked this relationship with Mlife, my 'go to' hotel in Vegas was going to remain the JW - it is off the strip (not necessarily a bad thing) but every time I go there, they give me a beautiful suite. And I can arrange my days there to get a good rate. With the Mlife relationship, everything has now changed for my Vegas stays. From your posts, you appear to not be a Vegas fan. Fine. There are plenty of places I'd rather not visit - Macau comes to mind.

I also understand your frustration with changes to HGP since Jeff Zidell started heading the program; I feel the same way about Marriott since Arne Sorenson moved to the inner circle of Marriott management (a couple of years prior to him taking over as CEO). Unfortunately, a lot of hotel chains are currently trimming benefits in their loyalty programs ... you'd think that revpar and occupancy rates have risen in the last year or two!

Finally, anyone with more than two brain cells recognizes that using points for stays at the Excalibur (or any mlife property) is a very, very bad deal. I can find the same poor exchange rate at select properties with every hotel loyalty program. For that matter, with every loyalty program - you could use 30K miles for a $99 airfare or a $999 airfare. Should I feel sorry for someone stupid enough to use 30K miles for a $99 airfare? I don't, just as I won't have sympathy for anyone using HGP points for any Mlife property.

Last edited by iflyjetz; Jun 23, 2013 at 8:51 pm
Old Jun 23, 2013, 12:03 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
From slickdeals, Excalibur has a 25% off sale with rates starting at $21 per night + resort fees and taxes.

Go to www.excalibur.com and use coupon code XFBNR13

http://slickdeals.net/f/6106800-Exca...Tax-Resort-Fee
Old Jun 23, 2013, 12:05 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by mariobey
I still prefer Vegas over any other gambling destination. If you are into sports and such, it's still an awesome place to go with friends for a weekend. Every indian gaming...please, they are jokes. East coast has very few palatable options. Maybe if you want to go to Atlantis....but for west coasters, that's a lot of travelling. I can get to Vegas and back for $140 allin, sometimes less!

The fact that I can re-qualify for diamond a lot easier is great too.
Atlantis???? Seriously

Originally Posted by martyYYZ
From slickdeals, Excalibur has a 25% off sale with rates starting at $21 per night + resort fees and taxes.

Go to www.excalibur.com and use coupon code XFBNR13

http://slickdeals.net/f/6106800-Exca...Tax-Resort-Fee
Oh just redeem 8K HGP. Fabulous deal...
Old Jun 24, 2013, 5:06 pm

Does anyone know if we can redeem Hyatt dollar gift certificates at M hotels now?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.