Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Busan - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Busan - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2017, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
My apologies, usually I actually spend time researching before I post. I digress, my research was VERY preliminary and I appreciate your advice. I take back what I said.

Let me rephrase - would it be easy to get to Kyungsung Unoversity or PNU areas from Park Hyatt?
Taxis are cheap if you don't mind using them. By public transit would be a hassle and take a while.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

If anyone stayed here between March March 18, 2017 and July 2, 2017. PH Busan is on the list of Hyatt hotels affected by the CC malware insertion.

https://www.hyatt.com/notice/protect...ers/hotellist/
Old May 13, 2018, 11:28 pm

Romantic Weekend in Busan

Hello Aventine and all,

I'm new to the site so my apologies in advance if I'm doing something wrong (like resurrecting an old thread).

I am planning to take my wife on a 3 day, 2 night romantic weekend to Busan for her birthday in June and am trying to find the best place to stay. The PH sounds like the nicest and newest property around but I don't have any status with WoH. The Westin seems like a reasonable second choice albeit quite a bit older from what I read in reviews. I have SPG Gold and have gotten upgraded to the executive level and allowed access to the lounge about 30-40% of the time this past year of travels with SPG/Marriott.

Currently, I can get a PH room for 15k Chase points or a room at the Westin for 16k SPG points per night.

Which do you think would be better in my case for a romantic weekend if my wife values a nice view, pool access, convenience to attractions and a free/affordable breakfast?

Thank you in advance!
Old May 14, 2018, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mtjazz02

Currently, I can get a PH room for 15k Chase points or a room at the Westin for 16k SPG points per night.

Which do you think would be better in my case for a romantic weekend if my wife values a nice view, pool access, convenience to attractions and a free/affordable breakfast?

Thank you in advance!
Neither hotel will provide a free breakfast and breakfast in general is expensive if you want to pay cash for it (especially in Korea).

Do you know any Globalist that could book a Guest of Honor reservation for you? In that case upgrade and breakfast would be free (included).

The Westin at 16k is too expensive and the properties not comparable IMHO.

Last but not least you could use the UR points to book the hotel trough the travel portal but it's not cheap and I consider that the worst possible option.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: Happily off the elite hamster wheel
A WoH Explorist using a Chase CC night cert at PH Busan. On the Hyatt site, initially only books into a 2 Twin Beds Deluxe room. Have people in the past been able to get into any better room, or get any other benefits?
Old Jun 10, 2018, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Spicy B
A WoH Explorist using a Chase CC night cert at PH Busan. On the Hyatt site, initially only books into a 2 Twin Beds Deluxe room. Have people in the past been able to get into any better room, or get any other benefits?
You could probably could get an Oceanview King Deluxe instead of that Twin. It's a very nice room on a high floor with the ocean outside.
My experience is going to be different as a Globalist and frequent guest of the hotel.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by Spicy B
I stayed last year as Explorist. Got an ocean view room. I believe the base room will be facing the marina/city so I believe I was upgraded. No additional benefits (for example, you get access to the pool but the sauna is free only for Globalist).
Old Jul 7, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is this hotel on the beach or 15 minutes' walking away? Also, have there been any renovations here in the past few years?
Old Jul 7, 2018, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is this hotel on the beach or 15 minutes' walking away?...
The latter. Hotel is next to a marina. Beach is on the other side about 15 minutes walk.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is this hotel on the beach or 15 minutes' walking away? Also, have there been any renovations here in the past few years?
They run a shuttle to Haeundae beach in the summer but it is a 15 minute walk. No renovations necessary as this hotel was built in 2013. Still one of the newest luxury hotels in South Korea.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum; Insomnia Cookies
To add a recent review ...
Earlier this month, I stayed here for two nights with my Korean in-laws. Thanks to Hyatt Prive, we had breakfast, upgrades to ocean view (xx03 and xx04), and an additional 220,000KRW hotel credit. Overall, the hotel did its job of impressing my in-laws, although it wasn't perfect. Here are our impressions:
+ My in-laws got a note with their welcome gift, but my wife and I did not.
+ The pool was heavily used by families - it's not a hip 20something pool, and pool attire was more covering than the US. We thought the large number of provided floaties and life vests were a good idea.
+ My wife really liked the separate toilet room, large shower area, and TV above the bathtub, and now wants a bathroom like that in our next house.
+ Ocean views are quite excellent, as expected.
+ I don't know about public transit access, because we used taxis due to my in-laws' age. There are plenty of restaurants within a ten-minute walk, so you're not restricted to in-house dining. The concierge desk provided solid recommendations.
- Once each day, our room had loud mechanical sounds for about 3 minutes. The first evening wasn't bad, but the second night's occurrence was at 4:30am and woke us up. It sounded like air conditioning trouble, but everything worked except for the sound. Things were strange.
- Although the food was high quality (my mother-in-law thought the Korean food was excellent, in particular), lunch service was slow when we decided to use our credit. My lamb took almost an hour, arriving after everyone else had finished their meals.

Overall, Before booking the PH, I had exchanged email with a Korean doctor's wife about luxury hotels in Busan. She said the Park Hyatt had great views but some food service problems; she thought the Westin was better for food and location, and the Hyatt was better for modern rooms and view. Her views matched our experience. Overall, this is a great property (and it's Category 4 for free night certificates), but not flawless.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ramolnar
To add a recent review ...
Earlier this month, I stayed here for two nights with my Korean in-laws. Thanks to Hyatt Prive, we had breakfast, upgrades to ocean view (xx03 and xx04), and an additional 220,000KRW hotel credit. Overall, the hotel did its job of impressing my in-laws, although it wasn't perfect. Here are our impressions:
+ My in-laws got a note with their welcome gift, but my wife and I did not.
+ The pool was heavily used by families - it's not a hip 20something pool, and pool attire was more covering than the US. We thought the large number of provided floaties and life vests were a good idea.
+ My wife really liked the separate toilet room, large shower area, and TV above the bathtub, and now wants a bathroom like that in our next house.
+ Ocean views are quite excellent, as expected.
+ I don't know about public transit access, because we used taxis due to my in-laws' age. There are plenty of restaurants within a ten-minute walk, so you're not restricted to in-house dining. The concierge desk provided solid recommendations.
- Once each day, our room had loud mechanical sounds for about 3 minutes. The first evening wasn't bad, but the second night's occurrence was at 4:30am and woke us up. It sounded like air conditioning trouble, but everything worked except for the sound. Things were strange.
- Although the food was high quality (my mother-in-law thought the Korean food was excellent, in particular), lunch service was slow when we decided to use our credit. My lamb took almost an hour, arriving after everyone else had finished their meals.

Overall, Before booking the PH, I had exchanged email with a Korean doctor's wife about luxury hotels in Busan. She said the Park Hyatt had great views but some food service problems; she thought the Westin was better for food and location, and the Hyatt was better for modern rooms and view. Her views matched our experience. Overall, this is a great property (and it's Category 4 for free night certificates), but not flawless.

Public transit is pretty bad from there. A few buses on the main road but a far away subway station.
You could walk to Centum City mall if it's good weather or walk to Bay 101.

The pool is always a mess because it's too small for the number of staycation guests. Paradise wins in this regard.

I think F&B is far superior at PH. Afternoon tea, grilled items or even the modern French food at Living Room.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 12:46 pm

Heard that the Hilton (!) Busan is the new place to be. Any thoughts?

(It is also horrendously expensive on paid rates, at least over the summer peak - not paying $600 per night in Busan, no matter how nice it is!)
Old Aug 1, 2018, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stargold
Heard that the Hilton (!) Busan is the new place to be. Any thoughts?

(It is also horrendously expensive on paid rates, at least over the summer peak - not paying $600 per night in Busan, no matter how nice it is!)
It was a real four letter word show when I went there last year. Staff attitude problems with not honoring HH member benefits like early check-in, etc. The adults only pool is nice but only open til end of August. I'd rather go to the cojoining Ananti Penthouse if I knew someone with a membership.

Hardware looks like it could be a Conrad but the prices are nuts like you said. Even a weekday non-peak stay was 350,000 won? It's also not in Busan proper but Gijang-gun!
Old Sep 13, 2018, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by ramolnar
Do you happen to remember what room that noise was in? My partner and I are visiting Seoul and Busan for the first time in a few months (yay!), and we are currently booked in a Ocean View king room at the PH Busan. Since I will be jet-lagged AND am a superlight sleeper, I would really want to avoid that room!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.