Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Busan - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Park Hyatt Busan - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jan 28, 2019, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Globalist / United Silver
https://translate.google.com/transla...90129074037130

Electrical fire @ PH Busan

1 injured, 40 evacuated out of 127 guests.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Wow. Probably the first luxury hotel fire in Korea. Glad it seems to have stayed to the fitness center only and didn't engulf the hotel like other Korean building fires.

Last edited by Aventine; Jan 28, 2019 at 8:28 pm
Old May 7, 2019, 2:37 am

Would you mind sharing the email address of James Hong Person by PM?
Old May 7, 2019, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Just use the name.name @Hyatt.com format.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 2:35 pm

I want to book this hotel mid Oct using cash, and I want a 1 king suite.
However, I noticed the Park, Family Suite (872 sq ft) is $326/night yet the Executive Room (Marina Park) (721 sq ft) is $376/night.

If I book the cheaper Family Suite can I be assigned a 1 king suite at check in?
Old Sep 9, 2019, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Travelchurner
I want to book this hotel mid Oct using cash, and I want a 1 king suite.
However, I noticed the Park, Family Suite (872 sq ft) is $326/night yet the Executive Room (Marina Park) (721 sq ft) is $376/night.

If I book the cheaper Family Suite can I be assigned a 1 king suite at check in?
I think they would hold you to your original booking. The Park Executive Marina view suite is the only suite with a King bed. The rest have a Queen and a single bed.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
I think they would hold you to your original booking. The Park Executive Marina view suite is the only suite with a King bed. The rest have a Queen and a single bed.
Might have a friend do a guest of honor booking for me instead.20k hyatt points per night, or I can book via chase travel portal to get the Park Executive Marina view suite using 25k chase pts per night.
I'm not sure which is the better option.

I am only a discoverist due to holding the hyatt cc.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Might have a friend do a guest of honor booking for me instead.20k hyatt points per night, or I can book via chase travel portal to get the Park Executive Marina view suite using 25k chase pts per night.
I'm not sure which is the better option.

I am only a discoverist due to holding the hyatt cc.
The Chase option. Guest of Honor might just get you an Oceanview Deluxe room.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 7:15 pm

Anyone know if the complimentary 2hr bike rental is still available?
Old Oct 8, 2019, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Anyone know if the complimentary 2hr bike rental is still available?
It might be a summer only kind of hotel perk.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 10:44 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Stayed here a few days for NYE and was pretty happy with the stay. Reached out to James Hong via email a week before check-in and mentioned having an upgrade to an oceanview room which he honored. The room was nice and the view of the bridge from the room was great, especially with the sunset.

Service-wise, it was okay. I thought the bellmen/concierge weren’t very friendly but that seems to be the case whenever I stayed at a PH (PH Paris being the worst). The staff at the Dining Room were very nice and remembered my drink orders from the previous days.

F&B-wise, I thought the hotel could do better. Breakfast wasn’t anything amazing (except for the haemul-jjim which I was hoping to have again) and room service (club sandwich, burger, and bibimbap) weren’t great either. The cake at the Patisserie shop was pretty good but quite expensive.

If I had to come back to Busan again, I would probably still come back here since the Westin is outdated.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I think they do their jobs fine but it's not Thailand or SE Asia. I don't expect a long chat with the bell staff or concierge desk.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 6:58 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Aventine
I think they do their jobs fine but it's not Thailand or SE Asia. I don't expect a long chat with the bell staff or concierge desk.
I try not to compare the service levels to hotels in SE Asia as it's completely different between N. Asia and S. Asia when it comes to service levels. Also, my interactions with the bellmen/concierge were very brief.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 11:52 am

Edit: Got an email from Hyatt saying that the booking was a mistake done by the agent and that I would have to pay an additional $80 USD + 6,000 points. Called Hyatt and requested that my original price be honored because it was a mistake on their end and it was honored. Am an explorist.

I was able to book the Executive Room (Marina Park) on Points + Cash reservation. Total came out to be $120 USD + 10,000 Points/night. Not bad!

Last edited by Obelize; Jan 7, 2020 at 8:21 am
Old Feb 4, 2020, 8:02 am

My wife and I will be travelling to Busan (on our Korea/Japan trip) at the end of April and I just booked a (Guest of Honor) stay at the PH Busan for 3 nights. This is going to be our "nice" hotel during our vacation, in large part due to the great redemption value (we were also considering the PH Kyoto, but it was unavailable for awards bookings).

I just had a quick question - should I try to email the GM ASAP to try to confirm an upgrade? Is it OK if I'm the one to email even though I'm not the one with Globalist status?

Any other insight/tips is greatly appreciated! Our first time travelling to Asia together

Thanks in advance.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.