Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Busan - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Park Hyatt Busan - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Reply

Old Sep 14, 18, 5:08 am
  #301  
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 5,810
Originally Posted by heakja View Post
Do you happen to remember what room that noise was in? My partner and I are visiting Seoul and Busan for the first time in a few months (yay!), and we are currently booked in a Ocean View king room at the PH Busan. Since I will be jet-lagged AND am a superlight sleeper, I would really want to avoid that room!
Ask for a high floor room as watersports craft noise can be heard from low floors. Some car noise too.
Aventine is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 18, 9:00 am
  #302  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oslo
Programs: SPG/Marriott platinum
Posts: 445
Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
Ask for a high floor room as watersports craft noise can be heard from low floors. Some car noise too.
Thanks!
heakja is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 18, 7:36 am
  #303  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Barcelona, London, on a plane
Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Posts: 6,038
Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
Ask for a high floor room as watersports craft noise can be heard from low floors. Some car noise too.
Odd thing to worry about at a hotel with its lobby on the 30th floor, but of course the rooms are below the lobby.

No noise issues when I was there recently. 21st floor IIRC...
craigthemif is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 18, 11:05 am
  #304  
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 5,810
Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
Odd thing to worry about at a hotel with its lobby on the 30th floor, but of course the rooms are below the lobby.

No noise issues when I was there recently. 21st floor IIRC...
They do have rooms from 5th or 7th floor upwards I think. It can be a minor problem.
Aventine is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 18, 7:44 pm
  #305  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: New york, NY
Programs: Delta Silver, KAL Morning Calm, Hyatt Explorist and IC Ambassador
Posts: 82
Kim Sarang, Miss Korea, stayed there recently...Instagram shows king deluxe with bridge view. If I was there, it would've been the most perfect Hyatt stay
Finance_underling is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 18, 12:10 pm
  #306  
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 5,810
Surprising they didn't give her a suite.
Aventine is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 18, 10:35 pm
  #307  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: New york, NY
Programs: Delta Silver, KAL Morning Calm, Hyatt Explorist and IC Ambassador
Posts: 82
Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
Surprising they didn't give her a suite.
Clarification: She had a Park Executive suite. I took a closer look at her pics and compared them to the hotel's booking page.
Finance_underling is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 18, 8:15 am
  #308  
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 5,810
Sad to say that food standards are falling at PH Busan with only written apologies offered. A very poorly done steak au poivre at the Dining Room and was served plain pancakes rather than Lemon Rosemary ricotta pancakes at breakfast.
Aventine is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 18, 6:06 am
  #309  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Programs: HYATT Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Mlife Noir, Alaska MVP Gold
Posts: 56
How do globalist benefits work here on award stay?
1.Do they have a happy hour like PHT?
2. Breakfast options other than obvious two buffets?
3. Free valet with in and out?
4. Anything else that I might have missed.

thank you!
Alexsth2011 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 18, 6:54 am
  #310  
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 5,810
Originally Posted by Alexsth2011 View Post
How do globalist benefits work here on award stay?
1.Do they have a happy hour like PHT?
2. Breakfast options other than obvious two buffets?
3. Free valet with in and out?
4. Anything else that I might have missed.

thank you!
1. No happy hour.

2. Only buffet breakfast at Dining Room. Living room is only for special holidays or summertime.

3. Probably free valet on a points stay. I prefer self parking it for myself so never used this Globalist points benefit.
Aventine is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 18, 3:46 pm
  #311  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Programs: HYATT Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Mlife Noir, Alaska MVP Gold
Posts: 56
Great. Thank you, Aventine.
Alexsth2011 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 19, 10:51 am
  #312  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: IAD/DCA
Programs: Hyatt EXP, Marriott Gold, KE, AMX MR, CSR UR
Posts: 82
Will be staying for 1 night this Sunday using points. Was hoping for an upgrade to an Ocean View room.
I left a note when making reservation and the guest services person emailed me saying I would have to pay for upgrade if the room is available at check-in.
VoiD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 19, 11:38 am
  #313  
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 5,810
Originally Posted by VoiD View Post
Will be staying for 1 night this Sunday using points. Was hoping for an upgrade to an Ocean View room.
I left a note when making reservation and the guest services person emailed me saying I would have to pay for upgrade if the room is available at check-in.
It could be due to high occupancy. This is the Korean kids vacation period and tons of local and out of town staycationers. You could ask James Hong (director of rooms) politely for an ocean view room. I'm sure he would give it to you.
Aventine is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 19, 12:16 am
  #314  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: IAD/DCA
Programs: Hyatt EXP, Marriott Gold, KE, AMX MR, CSR UR
Posts: 82
Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
It could be due to high occupancy. This is the Korean kids vacation period and tons of local and out of town staycationers. You could ask James Hong (director of rooms) politely for an ocean view room. I'm sure he would give it to you.
Just completed stay. Thank you for the suggestion. I emailed and at check in I was upgraded to a ocean view King on the 21st floor. 2102. Wow the view of the bridge is amazing. Will definitely come back. What a lovely hotel. Yes the hotel was very busy.
Aventine likes this.
VoiD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 19, 12:52 am
  #315  
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 5,810
Originally Posted by VoiD View Post

Just completed stay. Thank you for the suggestion. I emailed and at check in I was upgraded to a ocean view King on the 21st floor. 2102. Wow the view of the bridge is amazing. Will definitely come back. What a lovely hotel. Yes the hotel was very busy.
Glad you had an enjoyable first stay. Very special property in southern South Korea.
Aventine is online now  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: