Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Busan - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Busan - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2015, 3:48 am

Thank you all. Makes sense as I was booking a Park Twin Suite as need 2 beds. Going with a different suite will have to pay a rollaway fee.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

if it's for a child, the couch with a duvet and extra pillows is not a bad option either. They might even waive the rollaway if you registered your child in the room. The paid rollaway was just for unscrupulous locals who would put 5-6 people in a room without paying extra.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
if it's for a child, the couch with a duvet and extra pillows is not a bad option either. They might even waive the rollaway if you registered your child in the room. The paid rollaway was just for unscrupulous locals who would put 5-6 people in a room without paying extra.
I need one for a second adult and they will not wave the extra charge even for a Diamond member.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
I need one for a second adult and they will not wave the extra charge even for a Diamond member.
The twin room is quite unique in shape. It's the V, pointy part of the hotel.

It's not that much smaller and I would actually prefer it to the normal suites if only it could have a King in there. Downside is the toilet is outside of the main bedroom and bathroom.

Last edited by Aventine; Jun 19, 2015 at 7:24 am
Old Jun 19, 2015, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Some updates from Busan:

- I've been told that they will start experimenting with new recipes for new breakfast items in July.

I've been going there since the opening so this is a great thing. Normal French toast with caramelized banana and raisins was getting old.

- Summer Korean special dishes like a traditional samgyetang is already out.

It's a monsoon season stamina boosting dish using ginseng. Korea's version of chicken noodle soup.

- the pool will be closed June 22 or 24 for one day of maintenance

- the horrid spring vegetable menu is gone. Read about one of the worst meal's I've ever had at the new Living Room brassiere: Spring veggie menu at Living Room
Old Jun 20, 2015, 11:39 am

Is management willing to put you in the king-bedded suites if you use a DSU for no fee?
Old Jun 20, 2015, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yerffej201
Is management willing to put you in the king-bedded suites if you use a DSU for no fee?
The Park Executive King suite is the standard DSU.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 6:24 pm

Oops. For some reason I got it into my head that wasn't the case.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yerffej201
Oops. For some reason I got it into my head that wasn't the case.
They usually aren't stupid enough to give you the Park Twin executive suite. Some people with families would want that though.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Some notes from this 4th of July stay.

- cheese plate is still awful.

- pastries from breakfast need to get better too. Just awful. They're probably the worst of all the Park Hyatt in Asia that I've been to.

- They're running a summer beach shuttle bus to Haeundae beach and back. Will post a schedule pic later.

- had cigarette smell coming into our toilet from another floor. They moved us and it was fine.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Schedule for the beach shuttle.

Old Jul 6, 2015, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Mushy shrimp.

I don't know about you all but I like my large prawns to be firm but not rubbery (overcooked). Some of these prawns in the Crispy seafood noodle at Park Hyatt Busan fell to mush. Like the shrimp paste they use in SE Asian countries. It was disgusting and I totally should have sent it back to the kitchen. That's what can happen when ordering at 11pm *sigh.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aventine
I hoped this property would get better with age but it seems to be going downhill. The minor imperfections stand out greatly at this property and Mr. Cooper stopped trying to address them.

I told them to make a slight lane for swimmers in the pool in June and still laneless as of late August. I know domestic city dwellers are their bread and butter but out of town travellers deserve better at PH Busan.
I can admit when I'm wrong and this property is slowly getting better. English among room service and operators is better. A more professional air seems to be around too. More attentive driveway staff, bell staff and even Lounge employees who press the elevator button for you. I think Mr. Cooper has done a good job from when I wrote this post in spring 2014.

Side note:
I pretty much gave up on the pool and could careless about the lane nowadays. It isn't as bad as Maui where nannies are sent at 5am to grab spots and beds but still Kid-Parent central. MERS has deflated and I expect summer to be as busy as ever.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 11:48 am

Wasn't impressed with the service. Had a couple of kids with me and the servers keep asking their age. Was asked 3~4 times during breakfast. It was quite annoying. I guess they wanted to see if they should pay for the meal but still..3~4 times is quite a lot (adults were taken care with Diamond).

Pool was crowded and when asked for towls and gown for my kids, they just brought one. Very stingy about giving out amenites normally you would get without any hassle.

Compared to Busan PH Seoul was very generous and super friendly. But the doorman was super nice at Busan. He was the only think good about PH Busan compared to Seoul.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nowstime
Wasn't impressed with the service. Had a couple of kids with me and the servers keep asking their age. Was asked 3~4 times during breakfast. It was quite annoying. I guess they wanted to see if they should pay for the meal but still..3~4 times is quite a lot (adults were taken care with Diamond).

Pool was crowded and when asked for towls and gown for my kids, they just brought one. Very stingy about giving out amenites normally you would get without any hassle.

Compared to Busan PH Seoul was very generous and super friendly. But the doorman was super nice at Busan. He was the only think good about PH Busan compared to Seoul.
The server shouldn't have done that and I would quite annoyed too. It's something I will pass along to upper management. When did this happen?

Funny. I think the opposite about PH Seoul. Their staff was pretty brusque with that Gangnam attitude going on. Busan staff is almost always friendly to me but maybe because I'm a regular?

Same thing happened to me at the pool last year when they refused to lend my wife a kickboard. They were just laying around too and that's why we went out and bought our own.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.