Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hotel Du Louvre, Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Du Louvre, Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: Once a somebody now a nobody
Originally Posted by beachfan
I contacted them and they said it "should" be done by the end of 2018. My reservation is Jan 2, 2019, which now seems n jeopardy.

Please keep us posted, especially on whether they were open to changing it to the PH. I wasn't all that fond of the Madelaine when I went (I was in a standard room) and I really wanted to be at the Hotel du Louvre location (Place Vendome where the PH is would also work).
I had a stay booked for late May 2018 and I called the regular Hyatt line around March to confirm and they said it would be open (original renovation completion date was May1 2018). As we know it was not. I found this out in April and unfortunately we scrambled to get accommodated. We had three rooms booked and ended up accommodated at The Madeline. It was a pretty stressful few weeks and had a couple hiccups getting it all situated, but all in all I was happy how the trip turned out.

If anyone has a reservation for late 2018 or Q1 2019 I would get in touch with the Hotel Du Louvre and find out if your reservation is still valid.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by chicago747
I had a stay booked for late May 2018 and I called the regular Hyatt line around March to confirm and they said it would be open (original renovation completion date was May1 2018). As we know it was not. I found this out in April and unfortunately we scrambled to get accommodated. We had three rooms booked and ended up accommodated at The Madeline. It was a pretty stressful few weeks and had a couple hiccups getting it all situated, but all in all I was happy how the trip turned out.

If anyone has a reservation for late 2018 or Q1 2019 I would get in touch with the Hotel Du Louvre and find out if your reservation is still valid.
Thanks. I did, they are confirming the Jan 1 opening. But that just puts me in the same position as you were earlier in the year - told all is ok, when I can't believe anything will get done in Paris between Xmas and New Years. They don't even strike then.

I haven't been in the Madeline in years, didn't care for it. Also, they don't take TSUs. What did you think?

I have a back up revenue reservation at the Westin Vendome, much better location for early January for my purposes.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: Once a somebody now a nobody
Originally Posted by beachfan
Thanks. I did, they are confirming the Jan 1 opening. But that just puts me in the same position as you were earlier in the year - told all is ok, when I can't believe anything will get done in Paris between Xmas and New Years. They don't even strike then.

I haven't been in the Madeline in years, didn't care for it. Also, they don't take TSUs. What did you think?

I have a back up revenue reservation at the Westin Vendome, much better location for early January for my purposes.
We liked the Madeline rooms and enjoyed the lobby bar for drinks in the evening. But the location is not as convenient for site seeing as the Hotel Du Louvre. We took our 65 yr old moms on this trip and while they are in very good shape, we had to take way more cabs/Ubers than the previous trip where we stayed at Hotel Du Lourve. We had a total of three rooms booked. If we only had one, I would have pushed extremely hard for the Park Hyatt. But 3 rooms there that late just wasn't going to happen.

In the end the hotel made up for it, but I would have rather stayed in our original location. Hopefully they come through and your stay goes as planned...enjoy!
Old Sep 9, 2018, 7:04 pm

I had a stay booked for early January but the hotel reached out to advise they wouldn't be open in time. A large reason for us returning to Paris is to stay at the updated hotel - we're not really interested in relocating to the Madeleine, Etoile or a Marriott property. As a result we're now looking into changing our plans and traveling elsewhere in Europe.

What would be adequate compensation in this scenario? I feel like we're entitled to more than just getting our points refunded, but I'm interested to know whether any other FTers have gone through a similar experience and can let me know how it was handled for them.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 10:46 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by LNJSomers
I had a stay booked for early January but the hotel reached out to advise they wouldn't be open in time. A large reason for us returning to Paris is to stay at the updated hotel - we're not really interested in relocating to the Madeleine, Etoile or a Marriott property. As a result we're now looking into changing our plans and traveling elsewhere in Europe.

What would be adequate compensation in this scenario? I feel like we're entitled to more than just getting our points refunded, but I'm interested to know whether any other FTers have gone through a similar experience and can let me know how it was handled for them.
I think that is adequate compensation. there are other choices in Paris. If you don't want to take those options, that's your decision. But I would not say your entitled to more than their support in putting you up in other Hyatts plus refunding your points.

I'd say, it is like with the airlines. if your flight is cancelled, the airline will offer an alternate routing to the same destination. you may have booked a flight on a 787 (specifically to fly this aircraft), but if there is an aircraft change to a 777, you're not entitled to further compensation. The airline as fulfilled the contract to transport you from A to B.

That is my view.

Last edited by 59Impala; Sep 9, 2018 at 10:52 pm
Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Was your suggestion assistance plus refunding points or a choice of assistance or refunding points?

im in the same boat.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by LNJSomers

I think points refunded is enough. You weren't the victims of a buyout and they have given sufficient notice about their opening dates.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
I think points refunded is enough. You weren't the victims of a buyout and they have given sufficient notice about their opening dates.
I may not disagree about what's right, but I wouldn't call points refunded compensation. That's just returning the funds given to them as part of the deal - keeping it would not be the starting point.

What i think is fair is getting me back to the rates/award options that were available not so close in.

Last edited by beachfan; Oct 15, 2018 at 11:15 pm
Old Oct 17, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
I much prefer the PH Vendome location to the Du Louvre. As far as compensation is concerned, Personally I tend to only "ask for compensation" when it is really an epic failure. Never hurts to ask as you never know what the agent on the phone will say. I am sure the hotel will do nothing for you unless you are staying there in the future. Paris is a nice city, and the area is awesome, let us know on the final outcome if you decide to pursue it.

L
Old Oct 17, 2018, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by luvFclass
I much prefer the PH Vendome location to the Du Louvre. As far as compensation is concerned, Personally I tend to only "ask for compensation" when it is really an epic failure. Never hurts to ask as you never know what the agent on the phone will say. I am sure the hotel will do nothing for you unless you are staying there in the future. Paris is a nice city, and the area is awesome, let us know on the final outcome if you decide to pursue it.

L
If I don't get any defray of costs, I will be at the Westin Vendome , not the PH Vendome. I've gotten consistently excellent treatment there, was going to try something different know that I've defected from Starwood to Hyatt. But 833 euros a night, vs. 320 euros a night is too big a difference.
luvFclass likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 10:23 pm

So it looks like they're accepting reservations now, and Hyatt has it listed as opening soon. They aren't accepting award reservations though. Is that typical for a remodel/new hotel at Hyatt?
Old Nov 28, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist; AA Platinum Pro; Marriott Platinum
I was wondering the same thing re: points booking. I know it's capacity controlled, so looking to use a bunch of Hyatt/CSR points to book the HdL when it's available.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:51 pm

Hotel finally posted a no-update update on Dec 28th on their FB page. No anticipated re-opening date yet.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:00 am

Now taking bookings from June 1. Unfortunately too late for my May stay.

Source: Hotel's FB page, can't seem to link to their direct post.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 2:17 pm

Thanks for the heads up, it's bookable in July when I'm planning to visit however points feature not yet working, I believe it's a category 5 so 20000 points. Also wondering how they will classify their suites as standard or premium.

edit - Ok, now it is bookable on points.

Last edited by adlibitum; Jan 24, 2019 at 2:18 pm Reason: points booking works now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.