Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hotel Du Louvre, Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hotel Du Louvre, Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Dec 17, 2014, 10:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by Ducatibiker
+1 Staff is just great in this place and much warmer than the PH. Location is indeed perfect. The restaurant has a "Brasserie" atmosphere and is much more professional than the PH Vendome. You also have a view on the square and have a real feeling to be in Paris.
Really? More professional? I do agree it's a modern, hip and rather sterile, but I've never found PH staff to be anything but professional in the restaurant and bar.

My only experience with the Hotel Du Louvre is walking through the lobby and thinking I was in an old hotel in downtown Des Moines, IA (kind of faded, worn, floor boards creaking under the carpet).
Old Jan 27, 2015, 4:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, airline free agent
Stayed here 4 nights in early January. I echo the general sentiments in this thread. Hotel and rooms are very old school and in some cases worn. Some is downright annoying - eg, no electrical sockets by the desk, old shower stalls, tiny and austere fitness center. Location and staff are great but not sure if that is enough to overcome the deficiencies of the hard product.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 10:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
No award night available early July while PHV wide open. Guess I'll have to spend the extra 10K/night.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 11:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by italdesign
No award night available early July while PHV wide open. Guess I'll have to spend the extra 10K/night.
See you there (at the PH)!
Old Mar 4, 2015, 3:36 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVPG, AA PP, UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Natl EE
Had a stay here with a DSU. I was not staying for fun on weekend with my SO and the location didn't do much for me. PHV is a better property who at least has a reason to be aloof and Etoile is at least apologetic for being worn.

DSU suite was two rooms of minor to highly worn everything. No real outlets. No Hyatt bed - felt like Grandma's house. A bit noisy. No View. Internet got pretty bad after work hours.

Breakfast was good - full offering in main restaurant for Diamonds and that was appreciated.

I don't know if I'll be back until its an Andaz.

However, I've heard the French Hyatts are doing so poorly that I wonder if they will delay the capital spend. I don't see any real visible action on Etoile or Lourve.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 11:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
The newly branded French Hyatt's maybe doing poorly as they were and still are dumps. If there is any delay in renovation I highly doubt it because they were re branded a Hyatt. Hence the reason why they have not officially re branded any of these hotels to the Hyatt chain... This hotel is currently "Htel du Louvre" - Paris, a Hyatt hotel...

Please note any approval of a renovation of any building in Paris takes years... this is not New York.

Originally Posted by BallardFlyer
However, I've heard the French Hyatts are doing so poorly that I wonder if they will delay the capital spend. I don't see any real visible action on Etoile or Lourve.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 3:47 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
You will not a find a hotel in Paris doing poorly, the city is not only known for high prices, it is also known for pretty high occupancy rates and more and more tourist arrivals.

There might be a slightly lower number of tourists at the moment, maybe even some cancellations, but remember that we had a major terrorist attack there just some weeks ago.

As mentioned before, it is pretty easy in Paris these days.

The Regency CDG is the right hotel for you, if you are on a tight budget.

Etoile offers the best value for money. Convenience is the key word, access to the AF bus service and public transportation plus a shopping mall below the property. Parking and access to the freeway is also a plus in case you have a car.

Vendome used to be one of best hotels in Europe, but the infrastructure is slowly fading away. Still not comparable to the other Hyatt properties, but too expensive now at 30k and roughly 800. Used to be 15k and closer to 400 for most of the time just a few years ago.

Mady is getting old as well, but rates have come down significantly, especially in the off-season.

Du Louvre is not really an option, the location is good, but not as good as Etoile for public transport or Vendome for being right in the center of it all. It is more expensive than the Regency CDG and nearly as outdated as Etoile, so would be my last Hyatt option in town.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 7:16 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Any updates on how the renovations are going and when they are going to be re-branded as Andaz?

Hoping to have a long layover in Paris next summer (arrive @ noon depart in the morning) so need a hotel that'd be efficient to exploring the city (i.e. touristy things). Unfortunately, PHV is unavailable for our night (July 9-10, 2016) so looking into other Hyatt or Starwood options.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I love the location of this hotel. There's a metro right next to it. Many major tourist attractions are within walking distance.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
I never stayed at this hotel - I live in Paris - but I like very much the bar for its quiet and elegant atmopshere in the evening. Staff is great and coktails are just perfect.

There used to be jazz concerts some nights (don't know if it's still the case).

Location of the hotel is indeed perfect.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Our colleagues at the Hotel du Louvre Paris, a Hyatt Hotel have teamed up with cole Camondo the Parisian product design and interior architecture school to restore the iconic hotel back to its original grandeur. The theme chosen for the schools fourth year student projects was hotels, which gave Hyatt with a rare opportunity to collaborate with 53 final year students on a unique design project.
https://blog.hyatt.com/students-comp...tel-du-louvre/
Old Aug 14, 2015, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pictures of the renovation project:

http://www.laurentdelporte.com/mario...e-lhotellerie/
Old Aug 23, 2015, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by Rusdude
Any updates on how the renovations are going and when they are going to be re-branded as Andaz?

Hoping to have a long layover in Paris next summer (arrive @ noon depart in the morning) so need a hotel that'd be efficient to exploring the city (i.e. touristy things). Unfortunately, PHV is unavailable for our night (July 9-10, 2016) so looking into other Hyatt or Starwood options.
To answer my own question -- I emailed the hotel and they responded that in July 2016 renovations will still be ongoing.

IMHO, that makes the rates they are charging for our dates (higher than Hyatt Madeleine) rather absurd.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 11:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, southwest A List Preferred, American Platinum
Wow! Thanks for that info. I was going to make a reservation for next June as I assumed the renovations would be done in 10 months. Surprised it will take them that long. Guess I will try the Vendome.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by joey965
Wow! Thanks for that info. I was going to make a reservation for next June as I assumed the renovations would be done in 10 months. Surprised it will take them that long. Guess I will try the Vendome.
Vendome is completely booked up (or, should I say, not available for booking) for the duration of the Euro 2016. I posted about it in PH Vendome thread. I was able to get a room at PH V using my Diamond guarantee but it was 900+ per night.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.