Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hotel Du Louvre, Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Du Louvre, Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2013, 11:02 pm

Programs: United 1K MM; Starwood Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Alaska 75K
Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
Per hotel chatter... and in the past... the hotels have taken longer than the target date posted on this site.

http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/20...Andaz_To_Paris

When in Paris I have a small boutique hotel that I have stayed at since I was 17... Service is better than any Hyatt... they done my grocery shopping, picked me up at the airport... etc. etc... I've become part of the family... it's right next to hotel de Ville... my loyalty to this hotel has really paid off.
What's the boutique hotel by l'hotel de Ville?
Old Dec 23, 2013, 10:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Hotel Le Compostelle Le Marai

It's a clean, friendly, charming, boutiquish budget hotel in an awesome location. It's not the Park Hyatt but it's perfect if you just need a bed and a shower. A few times I've had a room on the top floor, romantic view, I could see above the rooftops, all the way to the center pompidou in the distance.

My partner went to Sorbonne so at 17 I flew out to Paris often, I tried out many budget hotels.. this was the perfect fit.

Originally Posted by texasex95
What's the boutique hotel by l'hotel de Ville?
Old Dec 24, 2013, 6:40 pm

Does du Louvre provide complimentary wifi for non-elite GP members? For those who have stayed here, how's the wifi speed?
Old Jan 22, 2014, 6:27 am

Can someone DM me managers email address?

We are going to the Vendome this summer so excited! I would appreciate it if someone would private message me, many many thanks FTers!
Old Feb 14, 2014, 1:34 am

Programs: UA Plat, AS Gold75k, WN CP, Starwood Gold
I'll be there in June and applied DSU. I hope it'll be a good one
Old Apr 25, 2014, 12:52 pm

Programs: Marriott (Titanium); National (Exec); Hilton (Gold)
Excited to try this hotel this January, unfortunately there were no C&P availability for my dates. Just need to save some more points to do straight points redemption.

I love historic properties, and it reminds me of some of my favorite SPG stays of the past like Hotel Eden, Hotel Pulitzer, and the Dom Hotel.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 2:58 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Finishing up our fourth stay at the wonderful PH Paris Vendome. In walking around the city, we came upon the Hotel du Louvre. Very little indication it's a Hyatt. Stopped inside and spoke to a lovely gentleman at the Front Desk. Indicated we were Diamond Elites and over at the PH but interested in learning more about this newest Hyatt.

He mentioned that the are soon to start a total renovation and that when complete, it will be rebranded as an Andaz! Had not heard that before. I am curious to know if anyone has stayed in a suite here. I do not expect I will retain my Diamond status. We're on a Points/Cash stay at the PH with a DSU and loving it as always. But while 30,000 points gets a standard room here, 32,000 gets a suite at the Hotel du Louvre. Looked like a very interesting area and if I don't get free breakfasts, there are so many little restaurants near the HdL to have a coffee and croissant.
My sense is that once I no longer have top status, this may be the best bet. Would love to hear from someone who has stayed in their suites.

Thanks.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
I'm trying to decide if it is worth it to stay here and pay the extra $25 and 2500 a night over the Hyatt Regency Etoile ($50 plus 5000 points as I'm staying for two nights) on cash and points redemption in October.

thoughts?
Old Aug 17, 2014, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Does du Louvre provide complimentary wifi for non-elite GP members? For those who have stayed here, how's the wifi speed?
Free wifi for everyone, and it's pretty fast. Rooms and hallways are a bit old in decor, but certainly of good quality and not run down at all. Bathrooms are a tad dated too, it is clear Hyatt took control without renovating. Public areas are very elegant though...hadn't heard about the Andaz rebranding, either.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 2:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
It's been discussed earlier on this thread the property will be renovated and re-branded as Andaz Paris.

http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/20...Andaz_To_Paris

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
...hadn't heard about the Andaz rebranding, either.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 12:19 am

Programs: UA Plat, AS Gold75k, WN CP, Starwood Gold
We stayed in early June on C&P and was upgraded to a corner view suite with a DSU. The room was large for Parisian standards, with high ceilings, sitting area, and huge closet room separating the main room and bathroom. However, there was no separate living or sitting room. The corner room was great because there were many windows to look out across the street to one side of the Louvre. The location was amazing, making it walkable to the majority of the major tourist sites in Paris. They recognized the diamond status, and gave us a welcome amenity of a bottle of wine, water, and sparking water. The breakfast was at the restaurant and had an adequate buffet spread. We felt like our stay was really nice, service wasn't exceptional, but not bad, and we had no complaints.

We stayed three nights at the Hotel du Louvre and three more at the PHV. The PHV was as expected due to the numerous trip reports and reviews there. The room at the HDL was much larger than the non-suite room at the PHV, and I found the location of the HDL to be even better. However, the service, buffet, amenities, and facilities at the PHV are much nicer, as expected.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
I'm heading to the Hotel du Louve in two weeks for a two night stay before moving over to the PHV. Hoping I get a renovated room (as a diamond) but, due to the reviews I've been reading, that's a 50-50 proposition.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 10:32 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by ThreeA4Me
I'm heading to the Hotel du Louve in two weeks for a two night stay before moving over to the PHV. Hoping I get a renovated room (as a diamond) but, due to the reviews I've been reading, that's a 50-50 proposition.
How was it?
Old Dec 16, 2014, 3:44 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Stayed in September

We didn't have a suite but we had a renovated room that was overlooking the square in front of the theatre.

We loved the location...the metro stop is right there but most everything was within walking distance.

The staff was wonderful. We had such a wonderful stay. The concierge was fantastic. I would definitely go back and stay with them.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 9:56 am

Programs: LH, United, Hyatt, Air France
Originally Posted by IDtoTX
We didn't have a suite but we had a renovated room that was overlooking the square in front of the theatre.

We loved the location...the metro stop is right there but most everything was within walking distance.

The staff was wonderful. We had such a wonderful stay. The concierge was fantastic. I would definitely go back and stay with them.
+1 Staff is just great in this place and much warmer than the PH. Location is indeed perfect. The restaurant has a "Brasserie" atmosphere and is much more professional than the PH Vendome. You also have a view on the square and have a real feeling to be in Paris.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.