Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hotel Du Louvre, Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Du Louvre, Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2022, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by myperks
back to topic, classifying “normal rooms” as club rooms is insincere (unless it comes with some normal club benefits such as breakfasts or drinks, don’t necessarily need a club).

if Marriott did this (but award pricing there is different), the Hyatt fans will be all over it… hypocrites.
Don't worry, I just mailed the hotel GM (following up on a previous conversation w/her) to inquire. BTW you wouldn't even be able to get a hold of the equivalent GM at a Marriott property as the company deliberately hides contact info.

Speaking of a hypocrite..."award pricing is different" AKA fully variable now for desirable properties and at all properties starting next year. Yeah that always works out in the customer's favor.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 8:11 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
back to topic, classifying “normal rooms” as club rooms is insincere (unless it comes with some normal club benefits such as breakfasts or drinks, don’t necessarily need a club).
Yes, and while I could understand an argument that WoH members should understand or research that this property doesn't actually have a Club, these rates shouldn't be marketed as such. I hate to think that someone could be planning a big trip with family or even a GoH booking expecting to enjoy a Club Lounge (as some people do) and then starting off the stay feeling misled or scammed when they are informed they a Club doesn't exist.

We, as consumers, should be able to trust rate terms and conditions when we are making reservations. As of right now, I can't say that what this property is curently offering the public is deserving of trust.

Frankly, this isn't about Marriott, and I admit that I had a moment of weakness yesterday by bringing Marriott into this. It is hard to not jump on criticizing this practice when every false move that Marriott makes is immediately compared to Hyatt by certain posters. Plus, one of them is just so mean...

Regardless, I want the entire industry to be honest, and I hope that individual travelers (which are who really matter) aren't negatively affected by this practice. No one likes negative things to happen during their vacations.
myperks likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Don't worry, I just mailed the hotel GM (following up on a previous conversation w/her) to inquire. BTW you wouldn't even be able to get a hold of the equivalent GM at a Marriott property as the company deliberately hides contact info.

Speaking of a hypocrite..."award pricing is different" AKA fully variable now for desirable properties and at all properties starting next year. Yeah that always works out in the customer's favor.
Which is why I said award pricing is different… geebus, you really can’t comprehend… sad.

Just because you can’t get ahold of managers at Marriott, doesn’t mean no one can. Maybe it’s you and your file at Marriott, ever thought of that? Using your example on me, you are basically saying everyone can’t get ahold of Marriott managers, when no one did .
Old Jul 26, 2022, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Just because you can’t get ahold of managers at Marriott, doesn’t mean no one can. Maybe it’s you and your file at Marriott, ever thought of that? Using your example on me, you are basically saying everyone can’t get ahold of Marriott managers, when no one did .
Feel free to educate yourself

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...resses-16.html
Old Jul 26, 2022, 8:33 pm

I’m well aware of that thread… doesn’t mean contact information is not available. I agree it’s harder to get contact info over at Marriott (esp for the Americas), but if one wanted to, it’s available through the invention of the INTERNET (and FT)… educate yourself how to use it especially when the dictionary also is fully online. You don’t do so well with difference of opinions, do you?
Old Jul 26, 2022, 9:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by CLEguy
Is the concierge responsive?
At 37,000 points per night he better be!
GUWonder likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Kacee
At 37,000 points per night he better be!
Does this hotel want to be the first Cat. 9? I really hope no one gives them that amount of points for their recently reactivated base rooms.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 12:08 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
So, your efforts managed to get the hotel to start offering points rates by lying to guests about the existence of a Club offering that doesn't exist? I don't understand how that could be seen as a successful engagement on your part.
I had an issue with a Hyatt property in Europe that was doing a “frustrate award nights” game before HdL. The game eventually ended and turned out to my reasonable satisfaction, as they did come around to making standard rooms available after enough of my communicated disappointments. I still don’t use that Hyatt property much because the attitude that lead to that customer-unfriendly points game may still not be fully exorcised.

But Hyatt has a culture that is more into fixing messed-up situations than Marriott and Hilton. And this HdL situation is messed up with a phony categorization to frustrate award availability, so I’m hoping they come around to fixing this for me too.

This had become one of my favorite redemptions. It is not that now.
UA-NYC likes this.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jul 27, 2022 at 12:14 am
Old Jul 27, 2022, 8:23 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Aventine
Does this hotel want to be the first Cat. 9? I really hope no one gives them that amount of points for their recently reactivated base rooms.
For that rate, they're offering either the Queen View or King Deluxe. Both are priced over 700 euro, so it's in the 2 cpp range for redemption.

September pricing is brutal right now.
UA-NYC likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Note directly from the GM - impressive for her to get back to me in less than a single business or day. While it sucks to have all the base level rooms knocked out (not even available for cash booking), they at least are offering some rooms for points, and the naming here is really the issue.

As our standard rooms are closed for renovations, we have decided to open our Premium rooms to points so that our guests may stay with us redeeming points. This is also correct that we do not have any Club lounge. Again, the Club level applied for points is due to the premium rooms given instead of standard rooms. I believe that the World of Hyatt team is now updating the code to Premium rooms instead of Club rooms in order to avoid any confusion/frustration.

(Marriott still sucks BTW)
Aventine likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 4:01 pm

Note directly from the GM - impressive for her to get back to me in less than a single business or day. While it sucks to have all the base level rooms knocked out (not even available for cash booking), they at least are offering some rooms for points, and the naming here is really the issue.

As our standard rooms are closed for renovations, we have decided to open our Premium rooms to points so that our guests may stay with us redeeming points. This is also correct that we do not have any Club lounge. Again, the Club level applied for points is due to the premium rooms given instead of standard rooms. I believe that the World of Hyatt team is now updating the code to Premium rooms instead of Club rooms in order to avoid any confusion/frustration.

(Marriott still sucks BTW)
They should have waited for the coding to be corrected before going live.

But it's really not a bad option if you're looking at Paris for September right now.

Thanks for the update btw.
UA-NYC likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
They should have waited for the coding to be corrected before going live.

But it's really not a bad option if you're looking at Paris for September right now.

Thanks for the update btw.
Might be something that's hard coded into Hyatt's website. Hyatt otherwise doesn't have a mechanism for a premium room award redemption.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 5:31 pm

There isn’t even a premium room category in the award chart.

one of two things will happen:

(1) they classify it as standard room instead of club room and still charge the club price (which will confuse people asking if there is a change in category) —> my bet is on this one (but I’m sure the hyatt puppets on this thread will defend away)

or

(2) they classify it into the (premium) suite category which will be more expensive than club classification.

edit: in the off chance that they designate the view rooms as standard room pricing for the time being, props to the manager for sure…. The manager should just reclassify a few view rooms into regular rooms and put it back into inventory and be done with until the reno is over.

Last edited by myperks; Jul 27, 2022 at 5:54 pm
Old Jul 27, 2022, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Still an odd renovation that only affected the base rooms.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
Still an odd renovation that only affected the base rooms.
Probably converting all but the very worst to some higher category
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.