Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hotel Du Louvre, Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Du Louvre, Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2022, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Thanks for letting me know.

Mystery solved apparently - note from the hotel GM.
Indeed, all our standard rooms are currently closed. We are facing technical issues in these rooms and we will be launching renovations of these rooms from January for several months. We will be reopening these rooms once the renovations will be completed, most probably from August next year.

I have asked if they would be willing to open up a View room on points, will see.
from January

But what about from now until January? . The rooms have been closed for a while, at least since March from my searches.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07
from January

But what about from now until January? . The rooms have been closed for a while, at least since March from my searches.
gamesmanship I would say
Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
"Technical issues" only in the rooms they make available for awards. For a year and a half? I'm calling bs.

Expect to see more of this from other properties if Hyatt lets them get away with it.
TravelingChef likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Kacee
"Technical issues" only in the rooms they make available for awards. For a year and a half? I'm calling bs.

Expect to see more of this from other properties if Hyatt lets them get away with it.
But the rest of the hotel is a-okay if you're paying in full cash! Smells super fishy to me.
GUWonder, UA-NYC and Kacee like this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by ceebee100
This has to be new as 2021 and 2022 I was able to book a base room on points and use a SUA to upgrade to a suite. We are heading there in a couple weeks and I booked the room in Sep 2021. There was availability then.
Similar situation here. Booked five nights in a 2 Twin Beds on points and applied a TSU for a July stay.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 8:21 am

Programs: Perennial Free Agent
I booked all the avail points rooms last year for my wedding in October 2022. I am now glad we did it so far ahead. I will report back if no one has by then which rooms they are assigned to. Based on the above, we shouldn't get those rooms previously allocated.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jerkstore
I booked all the avail points rooms last year for my wedding in October 2022. I am now glad we did it so far ahead. I will report back if no one has by then which rooms they are assigned to. Based on the above, we shouldn't get those rooms previously allocated.
It would be bad if those rooms suddenly got “fixed” and you were put in them. No upgrade forthcoming.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 4:36 pm

DPs on Earning WOH through Chase Luxury Hotel

Considering booking through Chase Luxury Hotel Resort Collection. Anyone had any success earning World of Hyatt points and nights at this property?
Old Jul 22, 2022, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Good news - this hotel is finally offering points redemptions
Bad news - they aren't even honoring their Cat 6 status (max peak 29K/night), instead offering "Club Free Nights" at 37K for base level rooms (even though I'm pretty sure there is no club lounge here).

I have contact info for the GM, for a few corporate Hyatt people I connected with, my concierge, so I could probably force the issue further...
Old Jul 22, 2022, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bad news - they aren't even honoring their Cat 6 status (max peak 29K/night), instead offering "Club Free Nights" at 37K for base level rooms (even though I'm pretty sure there is no club lounge here).

I have contact info for the GM, for a few corporate Hyatt people I connected with, my concierge, so I could probably force the issue further...
Talk about points greedy. Just terrible to take points for club rooms when there isn't a Club Lounge.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 11:34 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
This property was good for redemption value last summer. This year for trying to redeem points, it’s like the hotel came out as Jekyll and Hyde.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 8:06 am

Programs: Marriott - Ambadorssor, Hyatt - Globalist, Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Diamond
Hôtel du Louvre just added 30+ rewards nights from May to July in 2023. Book soon if you are interested.

GUWonder and Kacee like this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 9:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
This is such an obvious attempt to evade program rules . . . they're not even selling the so-called "Club" rooms for cash. Only offered for award bookings.
Originally Posted by Aventine
Talk about points greedy. Just terrible to take points for club rooms when there isn't a Club Lounge.
The hotel doesn't get the extra points. What they're doing is trying to discourage points bookings by raising the price into the stratosphere.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is such an obvious attempt to evade program rules . . . they're not even selling the so-called "Club" rooms for cash. Only offered for award bookings.

The hotel doesn't get the extra points. What they're doing is trying to discourage points bookings by raising the price into the stratosphere.
I don’t know how Hyatt allows it either way.
Kacee likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 7:09 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

I have to double check this, but I was under the impression that they do get compensated more money by Hyatt for an award night booked into a premium room category using more points. That would mean they want to discourage point bookings but are fine with Hyatt paying them more cash for the award nights charged for the phony categorization.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.