Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hotel Du Louvre, Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Du Louvre, Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2021, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
How is the breakfast? Is it available in the restaurant and also room service?
Just wrapped up breakfast. It’s buffet style mostly, but delectable. It’s in the restaurant, which has a small Michelin restaurant vibe. Everything was incredibly fresh too. To note, you can order breakfast as room service but there’s a 15 euro upcharge, and the menu is really limited. It was hard to drag myself out of the Pissarro to go downstairs, but it was worth the vastly better selection and experience.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by richarddd
How is the noise, especially at night? Can you hear or feel the metro?
Night update. It’s not noisy, but it’s not absolutely quiet. All but the lightest sleepers should be fine though, and even they would be fine if they avoided the first floor (the Pissarro bedroom faces basically 3 streets and is on the first floor).

francophile likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 5:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, AA EXP, UA Gold
Just finished up a 4 night stay here earlier this week. We were upgraded to a junior suite on the 5th floor that faced the interior courtyard. Room was very quiet, but we could open the windows and enjoy music from Palais Royale when we wanted to. It’s not large by any means, but it is well designed, even with the slanted roof. I was glad we packed light!

My only hesitation is the shower water pressure. (I also missed the PHV spa.)

Staff was lovely and accommodating - very attentive to details. They felt a bit warmer than the PHV staff. Room was ready on arrival at 10:00am, which was really nice. They checked in if we declined having the room serviced to ask if we wanted it later and offered to bring extra water and towels if we needed them. We had a case of wine delivered from Alsace before our arrival. The hotel delivered it immediately with our luggage.

Skipped breakfast, but it was mentioned for Globalist benefit. No mention of taking it as room service.

Madelines and lemonade were sent up as an arrival gift.

Location is great. We ended up taking the RER to Chatlet / Les Halles and metro to Palais Royale to skip rush hour on arrival from CDG. Very easy. I was able to get my CDC cards turned into a Pass Santaire at the pharmacy across the street, as well as antigen test for return to US.

We walked about 15 miles a day from this hotel. It never felt that far from anything and the weather was lovely. Excited to have another solid option in Paris.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 3:31 am
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Palais Royale Suite - Would recommend

Just stayed here for 5 nights, and it was fantastic. We booked the Palais Royale Suite almost a year out, and would come back again.

Service: The staff all around were friendly and fantastic. When we first checked in around 11:30 AM after our flight, our room wasn't ready yet for an early check in, or they would have gladly made it happen. You can request a text or call when the room was ready, and it was ready around 3PM. The breakfast wait staff were great. The housekeepers were fantastic with daily turn down service, and the nice touch were the water bottles beside the bed, even when the room had numerous full water bottles around; this is such a nice gesture.

Food: The breakfast Buffett spread was good (Hot egg, potatoes, protein; mixture of fresh juices (orange, grapefruit, green health mix), cheese, salad, and bread spread). We didn't go anywhere else for breakfast, since it was very easy. We didn't try lunch or dinner there, so I can't comment. The bar was always packed at night, and we didn't get an opportunity to try it. For dinner, we were the most impressed with Palais Royale Restaurant (1 Michelin star) and Le Violin D'Ingres (1 Michelin Star). We also tried Le Train Bleu (Its okay, great nostalgia, but food was better than what the reviews led on), JJ Beaumarchais (decent), Dessance (Abit of a let down), Restaurant de Louis (I liked it, but the wife did not; cutting edge modern cuisine). We tried were too late on booking other 3 Michelin star restaurants, as they were booked out (we were trying to book Kei and Guy Savoy). A lot of them can be booked through Google/Fork.

Room: We had thermostat issues that the staff fixed promptly in the morning. The bathroom does get cold, and not much method to heat it. As another poster said, the water pressure is lower. The bathtub is awesome. The room is modern, and well equipped.

Location: It is about a 30 minute taxi ride from CDG. We paid around 52 flat rate Euros from the CDG taxi stand. Uber back from the hotel to CDG early in the morning was 41 Euros. We both loved the location, and I would highly recommend this hotel to tourists. Its location to the Louvre can't be beat, and there is a Toot Bus stop at the Louvre, in case you want to explore more with a hop on and off service (We didn't get a chance to try the Toot Bus; around 38 Euros per person, per day). Uber and Taxis around all the time, you won't have any issues getting transportation.

Loyalty Program: Recognized as a Globalist. I booked cash rates for the Palais Royale suite, and I didn't really ask about further upgrades. No issues with breakfast taking off invoice without asking. We were surprised by a knock on our first night, and given a bottle of wine (great gesture). They printed out paperwork for travel without issues. The front desk staff does use WhatsApp to communicate, which was great, since we did not purchase a SIM card.

Laundry: We ended up doing laundry over the weekend, and it is going to be pricy for fast service (they turned around in 6 hours or less). Ended up paying 175 Euros for express service, as they charge an additional 30%. We were short on time, so didn't look at other options.

Gym: Decent gym for the older hotel. Free weights of around 50 pounds. They have couple of machines, treadmills, stationary bikes, and an elliptical.

COVID: There is a pharmacy, across the street, that can transfer CDC cards to the French Health Pass (around 30-36 Euros). For testing, there is the Pharmacy Opera that does provide antigen and PCR (24-36 hour for results). Make sure you download their appropriate app (each of the Antigen and PCR has separate apps) before going there, as this will save you time. If you have a SIM, downloading the app won't be an issue. The pharmacy does have wifi, but you won't be able to download the app. The staff was nice enough to have us register through her phone for the PCR test (Since we were going to Romania).

Negatives: As other poster said, the underground train does create a rumble (Sounds like the rumble of a plane taking off). We were on the first floor, and we could hear ambulances. The street noises weren't noticeable, unless a cop/ambulance drove by.

Summary: We both loved the location, staff, room, and service provided. We would come back as the location is central to fantastic restaurants and tourist destinations. We have an upcoming reservation at the Park Hyatt, so will compare soon. Hope you guys enjoy Paris!
Old Dec 21, 2021, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Thanks for a great review.

Any comments regarding noise levels? Some folks said the exterior rooms were quite noisy if they faced the square where they play music.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 2:00 am
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by beachfan
Thanks for a great review.

Any comments regarding noise levels? Some folks said the exterior rooms were quite noisy if they faced the square where they play music.
Since the tourist level was light, we didn’t hear much pedestrian or outside noise other than vehicular, Even on the busy weekends, pedestrian noise wasn’t bad, and we faced the square towards Louvre, not the Main Street. For us, it wasn’t too bad, but the train noise is definitely there. For light sleepers, the train noise might be a non starter due to the early morning rumbles.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 10:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Does anyone recall how much the breakfast buffet and/or other a la carte items (e.g., a bakery basket and a coffee) cost? I'm considering staying here with two other adults, and presume would only get two buffets comped as a Globalist.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by dkc192
Does anyone recall how much the breakfast buffet and/or other a la carte items (e.g., a bakery basket and a coffee) cost? I'm considering staying here with two other adults, and presume would only get two buffets comped as a Globalist.
My experience is with the comped breakfast only. You can always message the property for current pricing.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by dkc192
If you are getting 2 rooms, you could get one with points and use the Guest of Honor feature so that all 4 would get the Globalist breakfast benefit.
pmblinn likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 11:49 am

Programs: AA ConciergeKey; Hyatt Globalist
Anyone here stay in the Suite Empire since the renovation? Would like some information on layout/utility if anyone knows as we have two teenage girls and we like to have our space. The website pictures and descriptions are not very informative. Thanks, Forum Friends.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 12:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by xooz
If you are getting 2 rooms, you could get one with points and use the Guest of Honor feature so that all 4 would get the Globalist breakfast benefit.
Perhaps the poster is traveling with friends (another couple?) but isn't necessarily looking to pay their way...

Regards
Old Dec 30, 2021, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu
Perhaps the poster is traveling with friends (another couple?) but isn't necessarily looking to pay their way...

Regards
We travel often with another couple. We have many times done the following:
- I book a room with cash and book a second room with points. The points room is for our traveling partners, using GOH
- Check in and any parking fee is allocated to the GOH room
- We both get breakfasts, possible upgrades, late checkouts as feasible
- I pay .... then the other couple simply reimburse us for the paid room.

So the main question is whether there is award space that the poster can/wants to use and if the price is right for the other couple.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by xooz
We travel often with another couple. We have many times done the following:
- I book a room with cash and book a second room with points. The points room is for our traveling partners, using GOH
- Check in and any parking fee is allocated to the GOH room
- We both get breakfasts, possible upgrades, late checkouts as feasible
- I pay .... then the other couple simply reimburse us for the paid room.

So the main question is whether there is award space that the poster can/wants to use and if the price is right for the other couple.
The poor OP just wants to know how much breakfast costs.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 1:46 pm

To quote my college roommate..." Enough is enough, but too much is just right!"
pmblinn likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
To clarify, we'll be a party of three, and the other two adults are my parents. With four family members or me solo and another couple, I'd definitely get a second room, but with three family members it's harder to justify, especially when I can get one room and apply a TSU.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.