Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hotel Du Louvre, Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hotel Du Louvre, Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jun 3, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: IHG Ambassador , Marriott platinum, United, Delta
Has the Hotel Du Louvre opened? We have multiply rooms July 1st and have been looking forward to the opening.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 1:35 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by mitchwebb
Has the Hotel Du Louvre opened? We have multiply rooms July 1st and have been looking forward to the opening.
yes, open again and bookable for stays starting today, 6 June.

press release:https://newsroom.hyatt.com/news-releases?item=123840

Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE:H) announced today the official reopening of Hôtel du Louvre following a complete renovation.

As part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt, a collection of distinct hotels with their own narrative, Hôtel du Louvre sits in the heart of the city’s Palais-Royal district, surrounded by the Musée du Louvre, the Comédie-Française, the Palais Garnier and Palais Royal. The 164 rooms and suites have been fully redesigned to reflect the hotel’s original Parisian style, with high ceilings, elegant moldings, marble floors reminiscent of the Opéra Garnier and chic Parisian furniture. Colorful and evocative illustrations by Emmanuel Pierre lead guests from the rooms to the lobby and dining areas, which are reimagined by renowned architect, George Wong. With its charm and fascinating past, this story-worthy property will inspire guests to visit the City of Lights and create their own one-of-a-kind experience.

Originally opened in 1855 as Paris’ first grand hotel, the property is a self-standing central landmark that epitomizes the effervescence of Paris during Napoleon III’s empire. The Second French Empire architecture and the modern interior design provide a bold and thoughtful contrast to this extraordinary hotel. It draws inspiration from the personalities that have shaped the hotel’s rich history, including Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Victor Hugo and Sigmund Freud.

“Once again this magnificent, historic building will open its doors to guests looking for a sanctuary of calm within the bustling city,” said Fanny Guibouret, general manager, Hôtel du Louvre. “We invite independently minded guests to experience the joy of slowing down and embracing Paris. Whether that means joining a local game of pétanque in the Palais Royal, lunch on the grass in the Tuileries Gardens or leisurely walks through the streets and alleyways of the capital, we invite guests to join us for an unconventional stay.”

Guestrooms

The hotel’s 106 sunlit rooms and 58 suites are set in typical French décor, some of which also offer balconies with views over the Opera Avenue, Comédie-Française and the Louvre Museum. Some of them are filled with remarkable stories from the past. For example, Sigmund Freud wrote his ‘Leonardo da Vinci, A Memory of His Childhood’ in 1910 in one of the hotel’s suites. Also, Camille Pissarro found his inspiration at Hôtel du Louvre while working on eleven paintings depicting the view of the Opéra Garnier. In addition to this colorful past, Emmanuel Pierre’s colorful and dreamlike illustrations greet guests as they arrive.

Dining and Drinking

The hotel will now be home to Brasserie du Louvre, the first Parisian ‘Brasserie Bocuse’ serving traditional French cuisine with recipes developed by Paul Bocuse, known as the “Chef of the Century.” The restaurant is part of Bocuse’s Restaurants et Brasseries de Lyon ® which have been embodying Lyon’s gastronomy and French expertise for the past twenty-five years. L’Officine du Louvre Bar is located under the hotel’s magnificent glass roof. The bar serves unique herbal-based cocktails celebrating Napoleon III’s love of botany.

Meeting spaces

The hotel is home to eight meeting rooms which are designed like studios, each decorated with a different theme around the famous personalities who shaped the hotel’s rich history. They range in size from 204 to 1,474 square feet (19 to 137 square meters) and are all equipped with the latest technology.

Wellness

Located on the mezzanine level of the hotel, guests can take advantage of the 24-hour fitness center with a range of the latest technology and equipment suitable for a complete workout. The fitness center has also undergone renovation as part of the hotel’s refurbishment.

Hotel du Louvre is the fifth property in Europe to open as part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt. It joins Parisi Udvar Budapest Hotel, Hotel Martinez Cannes, Hotel Sofia Barcelona and Nish Palas in Istanbul.

For more information, please visit unboundcollection.com.

Last edited by 59Impala; Jun 6, 2019 at 8:46 am Reason: added press release link
Old Jun 6, 2019, 8:09 am

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
And just FYI - the Hotel Du Louvre is participating in Hyatt Privé.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 7:28 am

I am looking at Hotel Du Louvre vs Park Hyatt for a stay in early 2020. I'd love to hear the post-renovation reviews
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Also looking at a stay June 2020. Anybody has any recent reviews, re: Globalist treatment, breakfast, upgrades etc?
Old Jul 29, 2019, 8:20 pm

We stayed for a few days earlier this month (July '19). We were upgraded to a better view room (as a Discoverist). We had two small walk-out balcony-type windows which were really neat. The room was small, but it was only my wife and I, so the size didn't matter. Everything was very new and nice. You could tell that the hotel was recently remodeled. Location is great. Lots of nearby Metro access if you're using that to get around. Oh, and they brought us a bottle of red wine the first night (plus some crackers). That was a nice touch.

I was able to book the stay before the hotel went up in category, so it was a good redemption for me. I believe it was 20k points per night, so the CPP was strong. I couldn't imagine the Park Hyatt being that much better to warrant double the points (at the time), hence why we took this route. I'm glad we did. No complaints.

Last edited by wittenscafe; Aug 7, 2019 at 12:34 pm Reason: Got my categories wrong.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Looks like it landed at Cat 6 BTW
Old Aug 7, 2019, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Room rates are high now as Cat 6. i won't be able to stay on business.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 4:53 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Any idea what room category is used for Glob. suite upgrades and which one for premium suite points upgrades? Also, anyone who stayed after renovations, how was brekky and dining options? TIA
Old Sep 21, 2019, 7:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Quinlanty
Any idea what room category is used for Glob. suite upgrades and which one for premium suite points upgrades? Also, anyone who stayed after renovations, how was brekky and dining options? TIA
I have the same questions and will be there later this week (after a few nights at the Andaz Munich) so will try to let you know as much as possible...
Old Sep 23, 2019, 9:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy LT Plat Elite, BA Gold
Smile Late August 2019 stay

Stayed here for 2 nights on points recently having previously stayed here in 2015 pre renovation on a paid stay.
Upgraded on arrival to a suite on the 4th floor with little balconies in the lounge, bedroom and bathroom overlooking Place Colette and Le Nemours.
The updated rooms are very nice. The welcome gift was red wine plus a packet of cheese biscuits.

Compared with our previous paid stay where we had enjoyed a larger suite with 2 bathrooms which looked out over Avenue de l' Opera there were some little improvements and some slight disappointments.

The rooms are much improved but our first stay had the better view.
The service was hit and miss but it was very early days after reopening and many members of staff were new. This was most apparent at breakfast as dishes were forgotten on the first day and the service was slow. The food is a similar quality to pre reno but no more honeycomb and high end honey on offer on the buffet. There is a juice station where you can juice your own cocktail of fruit/veg which I liked. Overall we thought the breakfast was good and once the service improves it will hopefully be as good as the pre renovation.

The cocktail I ordered in the hotel bar was excellent. It was whisky based and included some lapsang souchang tea sprinkled on the top.

We were given a little booklet/map of the area by the front desk with suggestions of places to visit in the 2nd arr. that locals enjoy. Number 1 on the map was a spice shop that was closed, not for the day but permanently which didn't bode well so we abandoned the self guided tour!
We did take the 1 hour free tour of the Caves du Louvre which was interesting and included a wine tasting.

The gym opened on the day we arrived and has a view of the Louvre. My husband said it was small but adequate and obviously brand new.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 2:25 am

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
We actually went with the Park Hyatt Vendome for our stay because its fashion week here now, but the 2 suites (you have a choice) for the premium points upgrades are the Palais Royal suite and the Louvre suite!
Old Sep 24, 2019, 8:17 am

We actually went with the Park Hyatt Vendome for our stay because its fashion week here now, but the 2 suites (you have a choice) for the premium points upgrades are the Palais Royal suite and the Louvre suite!
Funny I’m doing the opposite.
Used to stay at PHV (25+ nights a year) but trying the Louvre this week as prices went through the roof due to fashion week...?

PS: checking out from Andaz Munich which is great but will report on the right thread.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 5:03 am

First stay there since the renovation (usually staying at PHV).
Booked a basic King Room and was spontaneously upgraded to a Junior Suite and offered a 4pm check out at check in (looks like despite the fashion week the hotel was far from full?). Guest service manager came to introduce her and checked everything was ok.
Welcoming gift of a bottle of red wine and biscuits in the room.
Junior Suite had no separate living room or toilets and courtyard view but large enough, nice looks and very quiet.
Had good dinner at the Brasserie du Louvre Bocuse and lunch in the lobby/L'Officine. Definitely better value for money than PHV Cheminee/Terrace/ Bar.
Overall very nice hotel, renovation and service (reception and both restaurants).
A bit expensive but definitely an option for me in the future when PHV full or too expensive.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 9:52 am

Given the choice, it still seems like most would choose PHV over Hotel du Louve. Any disagree? I have a few lounge upgrades I'd like to use, but it appears neither property has one.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.