Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Mediterranee REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Mediterranee REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:43 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Very interesting. you have a different display than I do. is this region-dependent? This may be "dynamic pricing", a huge trend coming. However, I doubt, that Hyatt IT would be that advanced
and you are looking at 19 March 2018, right?
Attached Images  
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:57 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Very interesting. you have a different display than I do. is this region-dependent? This may be "dynamic pricing", a huge trend coming. However, I doubt, that Hyatt IT would be that advanced
and you are looking at 19 March 2018, right?
Apologies... typo on my end. I'm looking at 17 March

Perhaps it's because it's a Saturday? Still, first time I have seen that ALL rates require full deposit, no changes/cancellations.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 9:16 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It happens during events or busy periods... look at the next day, late cancellations incur a 2 night penalty.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 11:10 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by fishy21
Apologies... typo on my end. I'm looking at 17 March

Perhaps it's because it's a Saturday? Still, first time I have seen that ALL rates require full deposit, no changes/cancellations.
ok - that explains, then I have the same view :-) any yes, as RTW1 states, there may be a festival going on. Nice has the largest Carneval in France, there is Fete de Citrons (in Monaco I belive). Those were the reasons of high occupancy when I was there this year.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by 59Impala
ok - that explains, then I have the same view :-) any yes, as RTW1 states, there may be a festival going on. Nice has the largest Carneval in France, there is Fete de Citrons (in Monaco I belive). Those were the reasons of high occupancy when I was there this year.
Any idea of what might be causing all rates to be non-refundable for May 22 2108?
Old Jun 25, 2017, 8:22 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
Originally Posted by beachfan
Any idea of what might be causing all rates to be non-refundable for May 22 2108?
That's smack in between the Cannes Film Festival (5/9-5/20) and the Monaco Grand Prix (5/24-5/27). Maybe there's spillover from those events?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Must be the Grand Prix,thanks!
Old Aug 14, 2017, 1:13 am

Programs: Nomad
Just completed a 5 night stay at the Nice Hyatt, and I thought it was a pretty stellar time.

The hotel's location on the promenade is ideal, though a bit of a walk to get to the Old Nice part of town (if you mind that). I would say the second best thing was the complementary breakfast. The view from the 3rd floor terrace is picture perfect, and the selection from the buffet was pretty good (not great).

Service was great, never had a miss throughout my stay.

One downside was the quality of the ocean view. There are suits that have an ocean view, but not many. Additionally, since there's a large terrace on the 3rd floor that extends upward, the large majority of rooms (even if they are facing the sea), will not have an unobstructed view, but rather have columns in the way.

When deciding where to book, my wife and I were debating between this and the Le Meridien, since she's an SPG Plat. However, we are very glad we chose the Hyatt. The quality of the Le Meridien (from the exterior) seemed to be a level below. Also, there's a historical significance to the Palais de la Mediterannee, while the Le Meridien was a bit of an eyesore on the promenade.
​​​​
Old Aug 14, 2017, 9:38 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
"Eyesore". That's a benefit of staying at the Le Meridian, you can't see the building while standing on your balcony. The views from Le Meridian are much better.

Originally Posted by PENGUINCARL
Just completed a 5 night stay at the Nice Hyatt, and I thought it was a pretty stellar time.

The hotel's location on the promenade is ideal, though a bit of a walk to get to the Old Nice part of town (if you mind that). I would say the second best thing was the complementary breakfast. The view from the 3rd floor terrace is picture perfect, and the selection from the buffet was pretty good (not great).

Service was great, never had a miss throughout my stay.

One downside was the quality of the ocean view. There are suits that have an ocean view, but not many. Additionally, since there's a large terrace on the 3rd floor that extends upward, the large majority of rooms (even if they are facing the sea), will not have an unobstructed view, but rather have columns in the way.

When deciding where to book, my wife and I were debating between this and the Le Meridien, since she's an SPG Plat. However, we are very glad we chose the Hyatt. The quality of the Le Meridien (from the exterior) seemed to be a level below. Also, there's a historical significance to the Palais de la Mediterannee, while the Le Meridien was a bit of an eyesore on the promenade.
​​​​
Old Jul 23, 2018, 7:32 pm

Anyone know if the valet parking is run by the hotel, i.e., will I get free parking on a C&P stay?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 2:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hyatt Prive
Originally Posted by beachfan
Anyone know if the valet parking is run by the hotel, i.e., will I get free parking on a C&P stay?
Parking is only free for Globalists on a pure points only stay - not cash and points. Sorry!
Old Dec 11, 2019, 12:56 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Any recent stays here from anyone?
Old Dec 12, 2019, 1:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Last June?
Old Dec 12, 2019, 5:05 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Sophoclefr
Last June?
Any details??
Old Jan 1, 2020, 2:20 pm

Great Stay at Hyatt

Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée

13-15 Promenade Des Anglais Boite Postale 1655 Cedex 1 Nice, FR

Great Stay at Hyatt (0 Photo)

Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée

Check In

Check in was easy and no issues at all. They did advise no regency club and no guaranteed late check out because they are a resort.

Room

I used a tier suite upgrade, and got a very nice room on the 7th floor. The room was wonderful. The pillows left something to be desired. I called for better pillows and that made a large difference.

Dining

Breakfast for globalists was in the restaurant and had a good selection of western and french offerings. They also had a large asian breakfast spread as well.

Amazing location, right on the water, 15-20 min walk to the central train station.

Service

Amazing service from the concierge team.  If you need any help, the concierge team will bend over backwards to help you.

Great Stay at Hyatt

Would you like to write a review on the Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.