Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hotel Martinez (Unbound Collection) Cannes, France REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hotel Martinez (Unbound Collection) Cannes, France REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jun 17, 2017, 11:14 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It's guaranteed.... until it isn't. No penalty for non-compliance.

But sometimes it can be a difficult situation for properties, the good ones will try to offer some other solution like access to another room.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 12:43 am

Programs: LH, United, Hyatt, Air France
The nice heated pool will be closed...for ever. Very strange decision.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 1:08 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
What!?
Old Jun 18, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by Ducatibiker
Disappointing to hear
Old Nov 6, 2017, 7:27 am

Programs: hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by mauld
I was planning a trip to this area at the end of this year, and checking both Hyatts, the Grand Hyatt Cannes Hotel Martinez shows no availability from about mid Oct thru year end (as well as into 2018). Is this property closing, leaving Hyatt, or undergoing renovations ? The Hyatt in Nice is open and available (at decent rates), but nothing here. Any ideas ??

Their website says they are renovating until March 31st. I am surprised they are closing hotel for so long to renovate. The restaurant is also closed, I would think they are losing out on a lot of revenue.
Anyways I am trying to use a suite upgrade for after the renovation and am told that the junior suite only has a french balcony with city views. Seems the suite upgrade now gets you less than it did before at this property from reading everyone's reviews. I am now considering changing my reservation to nice if I can use a suite upgrade there.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by Ducatibiker
Says who?
Old Dec 6, 2017, 10:34 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
The renovations have been discussed in this thread already. The Hotel will be re-branded and join the Unbound Collection.

@moderators - you may want to change the thread title

Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE:H) today announced that Cannes’ historic Grand Hyatt Cannes Hotel Martinez is set to re-open in spring 2018 as Hotel Martinez and will join The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand, a global collection of unique and independent stay experiences.

Full press release:

http://newsroom.hyatt.com/news-releases?item=123624
Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:41 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Let the facts speak for themselves... a Hyatt press release has little value.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 1:52 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by RTW1
Let the facts speak for themselves... a Hyatt press release has little value.
the value of the press release is to inform of the change....

honestly wondering, what the value of your contribution to the thread is.....
Old Mar 30, 2018, 1:32 pm

So I can confirm the pool is gone. I'm trying to decide between GH Cannes and the Hyatt in Nice for a three night stay in June (2 with certificates, 1 paid). I just reached out to the hotel to ask about renovations since I dont want to stay in a construction sight. Here's what they sent me:

Thank you for your interest in Hotel Martinez.

Indeed, the hotel is still partially in renovation for the Sea View (rooms and suites) until 8th May 2018, with a minimum level of noise disturbance.

The outdoor pool has been replacing by a pleasant Garden of Provence Plants, so we do not have any pool anymore.

You will see below all the modifications made during the renovations, and their opening date:

vVersion Originale (open from 5th May 2018) – replacing Le Relais:
A cosmopolitan dining launchpad for the culinary exploration of the Cannes region and the wider World : crafting original riviera flavours with cooking styles from the Mediterranean and beyond.

vMartinez Bar – replacing Bar L’Amiral:
A casual chic yachting party, serving Iberian-inspired creative cocktails and gourmet pinxos to the upbeat soundtrack of electro-swing music.

vLe Jardin du Martinez (open from 5th May) – replacing the outdoor pool:
A whimsical, poetic, ludic picnic garden of Provence plants, food, drinks and sounds.

vZ plage (open from 19th April to 17th September 2018):
The hotel offers a large sandy beach, reserved for sun worshippers. Mattresses on our private beach can be rented upon availability from the daily rate of 20 € per person during low season, and from 35 € per person during high season. For your stay next June 2018, do not worry at all, everything will be finished and you will be able to enjoy the “new” Hotel Martinez.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon, we remain at your disposal for further information you may need.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 1:44 pm

So I'm kindof torn here. I'm tempted to book the Hotel Martinez Cannes (instead of Hyatt Nice). HM seemed nice BEFORE the renovation and hopefully I'd get an even nicer room now. On the other hand, not having a pool is a bit of a bummer, as I probably wouldve spent (at least) one day on my trip split between the beach and the pool. I guess if I'm already paying for pricey beach matteress its not that big a deal to just chill at the beach instead.

Anyone stayed at either one recently?
Old Mar 30, 2018, 1:45 pm
Suspended

I was there a few weeks ago. The lobby is functional, but it is a bit of a soft construction site (sorry, note spelling ). The bar is a makeshift operation and was a real let-down from the previous one. Very dismissive service on both nights, bartenders more interested in chatting amongst themselves. Can't comment on the food as I ate on the beach each day.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 9:11 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
I was at the Hotel Martinez & Hyatt Nice a few weeks ago. The renovated rooms at HM are very modern, lots of white. If you have stayed here before, they kept the layout of the rooms very similar as before.

Breakfast was a huge disappointment. 48 euros per person for a buffet breakfast in a ball room, with ball room tables & ball room chairs. Warm food that is cold, and just a bad atmosphere for such an expensive breakfast.

Service was good from the front office staff. Seems like half of them are new, due to the renovation, but they were trying.

Half the hotel is still undergoing renovation, so it's pretty depressing seeing boarded up walls everywhere. The room rate was reasonable, but I wouldn't stay here again until the renovation is done.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Thanks!

would you share a few comments in the Hyatt in Nice? I’m trying to decide between the two properties for September stay
ECR12 likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 3:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by beachfan
Thanks!

would you share a few comments in the Hyatt in Nice? I’m trying to decide between the two properties for September stay
I think that should be more driven by which city you'd like to stay in. Personally, I'd choose Cannes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.