Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:45 am

It seems very difficult to book a room accommodating 2 adults and 1 kid with points in Paris. Most of the hotels can only have 2 persons per room for rewards night. Found out this hotel can have 2 adults and 1 kid only 12 years old. My kid would be 13 when check in. How strict is the age policy for kid(eg. Check kid's ID during check in)?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by savingwizard
It seems very difficult to book a room accommodating 2 adults and 1 kid with points in Paris. Most of the hotels can only have 2 persons per room for rewards night. Found out this hotel can have 2 adults and 1 kid only 12 years old. My kid would be 13 when check in. How strict is the age policy for kid(eg. Check kid's ID during check in)?
We had a 4 year old when checking in, and I recall them wanting to see that passport as well.
savingwizard likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:02 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero

We had a 4 year old when checking in, and I recall them wanting to see that passport as well.
I've not tried 3 persons at this hotel. But when my wife was with me, they also wanted to see her passport when we checked in.

This may be an individual hotel procedure. I stayed at Hotel du Louvre 2 years ago. My daughter and her friend stayed with me in the room. They did not ask for passports other than mine.
savingwizard likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CIT85
I've not tried 3 persons at this hotel. But when my wife was with me, they also wanted to see her passport when we checked in.

This may be an individual hotel procedure. I stayed at Hotel du Louvre 2 years ago. My daughter and her friend stayed with me in the room. They did not ask for passports other than mine.
Yes, this was with 3 people, and they wanted all three of our passports.
savingwizard likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by savingwizard
Personal experience here: 2 adults, 4 kids, we booked two rooms. They absolutely required kids IDs (at the time, all four were pre-teen). The room descriptions all say "sofa bed on request for children up to 12".
They've changed their occupancy over the last couple years because originally they would let you book a room for three people, but that's not allowed on the website right now.

So I'd suggest emailing (not calling, because you want it in writing) to see if they are able/willing to make an exception.
savingwizard likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 6:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM
My kids were 7 & 10 when were there last summer. Since they were born, I've tended to book for 3 and show up with 4 at Hyatts all over the world without issue, but it was a definitely no go in Paris. It was made clear by them, as well as friends that they were extremely strict on it, so we ended up doing 2 connecting rooms.

I was able to get them to honor the family price with the discounted second room on points which took some doing, and in the end it was a great move as my wife and I ended up with actually having our own room which was a novel concept!
MarkOK likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by bostonpilot
My kids were 7 & 10 when were there last summer. Since they were born, I've tended to book for 3 and show up with 4 at Hyatts all over the world without issue, but it was a definitely no go in Paris. It was made clear by them, as well as friends that they were extremely strict on it, so we ended up doing 2 connecting rooms.

I was able to get them to honor the family price with the discounted second room on points which took some doing, and in the end it was a great move as my wife and I ended up with actually having our own room which was a novel concept!
The rooms at Etoile are tiny anyway - fitting three people regardless of age or size in one room is probably a stretch. I’d recommend booking two connecting rooms.

What exactly is the family price? Is it a Hyatt-wide offer?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Central90210

The rooms at Etoile are tiny anyway - fitting three people regardless of age or size in one room is probably a stretch. I’d recommend booking two connecting rooms.
The room is fine for 2 adults and a younger kid. I thought some rooms were slightly larger on higher view rooms.

Old Feb 24, 2019, 4:12 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Hello - any pointers as to what the 6000/9000 point suite upgrade options would be? It doesn't indicate on the website - and also I presume booking a suite would entail club access as well? TIA
Old Feb 24, 2019, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Hello - any pointers as to what the 6000/9000 point suite upgrade options would be? It doesn't indicate on the website - and also I presume booking a suite would entail club access as well? TIA
As a Globalist, I got upgraded to one of their standard suites, which was basically two connecting rooms. One side had a bed, and the other side had a square table where the bed should have been. Other than that, not much difference.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 8:18 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Well I managed to book the 9000 point option for this coming weekend. Apparently a 70sqm Executive suite with Eiffel tower views...hoping I won't be too disappointed!

The base rate was only EUR 160
Old Feb 27, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Well I managed to book the 9000 point option for this coming weekend. Apparently a 70sqm Executive suite with Eiffel tower views...hoping I won't be too disappointed!

The base rate was only EUR 160
Executive suite is very nice, with views of Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomphe. The layout is a true suite, not 2 regular rooms combined. EUR 160 + 9000 points sounds very reasonable.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM
Originally Posted by Central90210

What exactly is the family price? Is it a Hyatt-wide offer?
50% off the second room I believe. I did my over the phone as I had a mix of points and free stay certs over 4 nights there split into two different stays. But, we worked through it and got connecting rooms - 1 King + 2 full which worked great.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 10:19 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by CIT85
Executive suite is very nice, with views of Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomphe. The layout is a true suite, not 2 regular rooms combined. EUR 160 + 9000 points sounds very reasonable.
Just for everyone's reference our executive suite was on the 'other side' of the curve and faced the LV foundation and La Defense...

Despite that it was still a great stay with lots of space as mentioned. The views we got instead at the lounge over breakfast ^
Old Jun 11, 2019, 9:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Just for everyone's reference our executive suite was on the 'other side' of the curve and faced the LV foundation and La Defense...

Despite that it was still a great stay with lots of space as mentioned. The views we got instead at the lounge over breakfast ^
Any photos? Has the suite been updated with the last renovation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.