Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by moulder3
Thanks for the lounge feedback! It seems that even post-renovation this isn't a recommended hotel for Globalists? I'm expecting a small room anywhere I'll stay in Paris (since it seems not many Globalist suite upgrades), I was just hoping the lounge would make this hotel worth it rather than booking a random hotel (and not getting any perks). It looked like the general area (I read it's a nice neighborhood with good restaurants) and fast subway access across town on RER trains would've made this a good option, but I guess not?
I stayed last year during the renovation, and really liked the hotel. I loved being literally on top of the metro/RER lines. And it is a really pleasant (downhill!) walk into the city. Arc de Triomphe isn't far, and from there it's a beautiful walk down Champs-Élysées. You're almost certainly not going to get a suite upgrade, but you likely will get an upgrade to a view room (awesome to see the Eiffel Tower with the spotlight at night). And some lounge access is still better than no lounge access, right?
moulder3 and ryandc99 like this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Thanks for the lounge feedback! It seems that even post-renovation this isn't a recommended hotel for Globalists? I'm expecting a small room anywhere I'll stay in Paris (since it seems not many Globalist suite upgrades), I was just hoping the lounge would make this hotel worth it rather than booking a random hotel (and not getting any perks). It looked like the general area (I read it's a nice neighborhood with good restaurants) and fast subway access across town on RER trains would've made this a good option, but I guess not?
It all depends how much you want to spend and your perspective!

You can stay at the Park Hyatt Paris Vendome where there is no lounge but they comp your Globalist breakfast worth 50€, or you can stay at the Hyatt Regency Etoile for less money/points and a decent lounge, with all the conveniences mentioned elsewhere in the thread. The restaurants choice in the area alone is worth it! The CDG bus stopping right in front of it is the bonus, and the gourmet supermarket which is open 7 days a week in the Palais des Congrčs is the cherry on top!
moulder3 likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
This hotel is definitely worth staying. This is the only SPG/Hyatt hotel in Paris with a Lounge, which is not great but good enough. Room rates are typically lowest (and reasonable by any standards) among SPG and Hyatt hotels (the 2 best chains for Platinums and Globalists) in the city.

Globalists do not have restaurant breakfast as option, I asked in July. Lounge breakfast includes smoked salmon which the restaurant did not have in March. I actually thought the Lounge breakfast experience was better, as long as the Sky Bar are is open so the Lounge is not overflowing.

Eiffel Tower view rooms have the best view of any SPG/Hyatt hotels in Paris.
moulder3 likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:08 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
I rated the hotel as a meh. It's benefits are the views -- they really are quite nice -- and a decently good location for being connected to the metro system. The gym isn't bad either. I'd say the only thing being that globalist status gets you though is some rather sorry offerings in the lounge and perhaps a view of the eiffel tower (though, when I stayed in June, I got the eiffel tower view but was only about a 1/3 of the way up, pretty far from the lounge, and I had a ton of streetnoise).

I don't know from what perspective people here think the lounge food was fine. When I was there, there was not smoked salmon for breakfast, and the breakfast was rather sorry in quality (and with stuff not getting stocked fast enough, anything good was quickly gone). My wife refused to even go the lounge and eat breakfast there after trying her best the first three days to find something she wanted to eat. The lounge in the evening really wasn't worth anything food wise even to me though -- if you stay, I recommend going to the small grocer in the mall attached to the hotel and get some actually good cheeses and sausages that you can count on (if the lounge puts anything good out, it was gone within 15 minutes with no restocking).

If I was going back to Paris, I would look at the Etoile as an option. It's price was really quite good when I went, the views/location are quite nice in my opinion, and it is only a cat 4 so it is quite friendly from a pt/certificate redemption policy. But if I wasn't getting a good rate for it, I rank the globalist benefit as very minimal there and I would definitely look to book elsewhere.
synd, moulder3 and clublevel15 like this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:19 am

My experience covers a broad spectrum in 2 stays in July.

I booked 2 rooms at the HR Etoile for 5 nights with complementary suite upgrade on the first room and used TSU for the second room. At check in both suites were not ready, so we went to the Lounge for breakfast and then went to the Rodin Museum. Front desk also told me that the suites will not have view of Eiffel Tower.

When we came back for the room keys in the afternoon, I wasn't sure which room was supposed to be mine and which was for my friends, so I selected the suite on the Lounge level. My suite turned out to be a Loft Suite, the highest priced suite at the hotel, with a view of Sacre Coeur in the distance. Well, my friends' suite was a few floors lower, but it was one of the larger suite on the corner with full view of Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomphe. Those corner suites must have the greatest views of the hotel. We watched fireworks on Bastille Day from that suite. The hotel had champagne fireworks party from the Sky Bar at about 100 euros per person.

Breakfast selection was quite good, including smoked salmon, dry sausages, Brie, varieties of fruits which included mangoes one morning and papaya another morning plus melons and watermelon. Evening food selection was more sparse, basically appetizers before dinner. Main problem was the closure of the Sky Bar section for breakfast due to preparation for special events. That reduced seating significantly and created serious overcrowding on a couple of mornings.

Overall, this first stay was very good and great upgrades beyond TSU standard suites.

We were back a few days later for a 1 night stay before leaving Paris. Both rooms were about 10 floors below Lounge level, but had Eiffel Tower views. The hotel had no self or valet parking. I was not allowed to temporarily park my rental car long enough to check in and let my party into the rooms and I can return rental car. This second stay was a very different experience from the previous week, but still reasonable; When the rate can be as low as 169 euros, this hotel is a good value for Hyatt Globalists.
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 1:37 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jameswes
I stayed last year during the renovation, and really liked the hotel. I loved being literally on top of the metro/RER lines. And it is a really pleasant (downhill!) walk into the city. Arc de Triomphe isn't far, and from there it's a beautiful walk down Champs-Élysées. You're almost certainly not going to get a suite upgrade, but you likely will get an upgrade to a view room (awesome to see the Eiffel Tower with the spotlight at night). And some lounge access is still better than no lounge access, right?

Couldn't agree more. Loved the location, ease of metro access. While the food was mediocre, I don't visit Paris for lounge food...
Old Aug 26, 2018, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ryandc99
Couldn't agree more. Loved the location, ease of metro access. While the food was mediocre, I don't visit Paris for lounge food...
I agree soo much. Dont go to paris based on lounge food. You go to Paris to enjoy a nice breakfast outside. Also the places in the Palais de Congrés are overpriced. You can go to several good places nearby and have nice breakfast, lunch or dinner for better prices (Le relais de venice, La maison, patisserie imperial, laduree). Location is OK. You are on top or the RER and Metro but there are many more hotels that are closer to the nice areas and are cheaper. I actually go to this hotel every year for a conference. It is OK, I prefer the hotel Mac mahon (now called maison albar). They treat me better there than as a Globalist on Hyatt.
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 7:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
I've been to Paris countless times and while I certainly agree that one doesn't go for the hotel lounges, I didn't know breakfast outside was the reason to go either. Further, I would be willing to bet that Paul (and other places in the Palais de Congres) is (are) more reasonably priced than Laduree (quality may be a different discussion entirely). I'm not familiar with the other places mentioned so I can't speak to their prices.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
Anyone know the best room numbers for regency suite king with Eiffel Tower view?

same for executive suite with Eiffel Tower view?
Old Oct 1, 2018, 9:30 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
I've been to Paris countless times and while I certainly agree that one doesn't go for the hotel lounges, I didn't know breakfast outside was the reason to go either. Further, I would be willing to bet that Paul (and other places in the Palais de Congres) is (are) more reasonably priced than Laduree (quality may be a different discussion entirely). I'm not familiar with the other places mentioned so I can't speak to their prices.
I have to say the Angelina in the Palais de Congres is not the most aesthetically pleasing room, but the breakfast is damn tasty.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Have all rooms been renovated now? or are there still some to avoid?
Old Dec 30, 2018, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Have all rooms been renovated now? or are there still some to avoid?
As a Globalist,you have nothing to worry about.
PortlySpartacus likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:53 am

I have not stayed in this area for a long time, but need to do so on an upcoming trip.

I seem to recall that there was a Roissy Bus (or some similar name) from Charles de Gaulle Airport to directly outside the hotel. However, I cannot find any info on this anymore. Can anyone confirm if this Airport Bus is still running or not?

If not, are there any easy public transport options to get from airport to hotel? My flight arrives early morning (and I only have hand luggage). So, I am not in a hurry to get to the hotel since they probably will not allow early check-in anyway. I can take it easy to get to there at a leisurely pace.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 9:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
I have not stayed in this area for a long time, but need to do so on an upcoming trip.

I seem to recall that there was a Roissy Bus (or some similar name) from Charles de Gaulle Airport to directly outside the hotel. However, I cannot find any info on this anymore. Can anyone confirm if this Airport Bus is still running or not?

If not, are there any easy public transport options to get from airport to hotel? My flight arrives early morning (and I only have hand luggage). So, I am not in a hurry to get to the hotel since they probably will not allow early check-in anyway. I can take it easy to get to there at a leisurely pace.
The bus stops right outside. Formerly known as the Air France Bus.

https://www.lebusdirect.com/en/
luvFclass and yoganeck like this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
The bus stops right outside. Formerly known as the Air France Bus.

https://www.lebusdirect.com/en/
Yes! That's the one! Thanks very much for your help.
luvFclass likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.