Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2018, 1:59 pm

Since champagne is not compatible with the new self-dispensing system for wine, I'm hoping perhaps the champagne has been moved to a different location, or that it is available upon request, in which case first timers may not know to ask or may not see the notice, if one exists. (SQ's Silver Kris Lounge at Changi changed to an "upon request" service for champagne, with a notice that may not catch the attention of everyone.)

In any case, any further clarification is appreciated.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
Since champagne is not compatible with the new self-dispensing system for wine, I'm hoping perhaps the champagne has been moved to a different location, or that it is available upon request, in which case first timers may not know to ask or may not see the notice, if one exists. (SQ's Silver Kris Lounge at Changi changed to an "upon request" service for champagne, with a notice that may not catch the attention of everyone.)

They had a fizzy sweet Prosecco style wine last Saturday night. It did come from the automated dispenser and it surprised me. I did not like it and was not expecting it. Sorry, i did not ask specifically about availability of Champagne so in that respect I feel I have failed. However, perhaps this might serve as motivation for you to venture on your own quest for first hand knowledge and truth. I forgot to mention that at check-in, they gave me a letter to have a free drink in their lobby restaurant which I have just completed. I had a fantastic red wine, Saint Julien, that was my favorite from my entire stay in Paris and complimentary! Excellent stay and Hyatt exceeded expectations.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
They had a fizzy sweet Prosecco style wine last Saturday night. It did come from the automated dispenser and it surprised me. I did not like it and was not expecting it. Sorry, i did not ask specifically about availability of Champagne so in that respect I feel I have failed. However, perhaps this might serve as motivation for you to venture on your own quest for first hand knowledge and truth. I forgot to mention that at check-in, they gave me a letter to have a free drink in their lobby restaurant which I have just completed. I had a fantastic red wine, Saint Julien, that was my favorite from my entire stay in Paris and complimentary! Excellent stay and Hyatt exceeded expectations.
2012 Les Fiefs de Lagrange. I had it in March.
PortlySpartacus likes this.
Old May 28, 2018, 6:09 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.

Champagne in back in the buckets at SQ business and first lounge in SIN.
Old May 28, 2018, 6:11 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.

The Champagne in this property was there for historical reasons, before being a Hyatt and sold to VC found, this hotel named "concorde Lafayette" was owned by group du Louvre ... owned by the Taittinger family. This is why it used to have Taittinger champagne in this lounge, even after the exit from the Taittinger hospitality holding.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 1:19 am

Did the Regency club get much smaller since the renovation?
Old Jun 9, 2018, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I guess not especially in the morning. Back in March the GM told me that Club guests can use the Panorama Bar seating for breakfast when the bar is closed.

The evening spread does look sparse.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 1:49 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Stayed for 7 days just now.

1. Inquired about early check upon arrival (at 9AM or so) and was told to come back at check in time at 3PM in a very direct dismissive manner. I inquired again at 11 AM to the WoH counter and the more friendly agent told me it wouldn't likely be until 3PM but would let me know if I could check in early. Shortly after 2 PM, my app indicated my room was at last ready.

2. No room upgrade given and was given a room on a middle floor. Five elevators service the floors 0-25 are are quite slow. Two elevators service floors 25-34 and are decently fast. To get to the lounge on 34, I had to wait for an elevator to get to 25, and transfer to a different elevator to get up to 34. This was often a 10 minute trip one way.

3. The lounge food offerings were not great. It was very busy (difficult to find a seat) whenever I checked it out. The numerous staff were great and worked hard, but they couldn't handle the number of people. Stuff would come out and would be gone within 5 minutes. The morning spread was perhaps okay but the only change day to day all week was that sometimes they had one sausage and other-times they had a ham. I enjoyed the croissants but one morning they were out of them and didn't restock. I was told that Globalists could eat in the restaurant in the lobby for breakfast as well but I never tried it (when I walked by though, it looked like a buffet layout with similar offerings and was also crowded). There is no hot food or desserts in the evenings and the only offerings were chips, breads, 1 or 2 types of cheese, and some meat pate or if you were lucky a dry salami. WIne is complementary but only 1 choice of red wine was put in the dispensing machine the entire week.

4. The panarama bar isn't open. They had it reserved for events for a conference in the building until the last couple of days I was there when they opened it for more seating for the lounge.

5. Baggage and door staff were friendly. Housekeepers were very nice as well. Really, other than the first person I talked to about checking in, the staff were very friendly.

6. Views are great and the renovated rooms are nice. They are small though, and I couldn't keep my room cool enough even with the air on the coolest setting. I heard a lot of streetnoise but very little noise from adjacent rooms or the hallways.

Overall, I rate this hotel as a meh.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 7:51 am

Programs: AA PL, DL Gold, Hyatt Dia, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Cool Updated review of the lounge

Originally Posted by CIT85
I guess not especially in the morning. Back in March the GM told me that Club guests can use the Panorama Bar seating for breakfast when the bar is closed.

The evening spread does look sparse.
Here now and the spread IS sparse. A panini is the only prepared food and my fiancé tells me it wasn't very good. They also had a gruyere, a sausage, a pate of some sort, fruit, and chips. These items are delicious. Disappointed that the wine selection doesn't lean more French, but they have some ok ones. There is no separate champagne. On our first day we were told that they had cleared the spread at 9:15, instead of at 9:30 when cocktails and canapés are supposed to end. Would have been fine with that, except that we waited at check-in for 15 minutes and then the agent proceeded to take 10 minutes to check us in, causing us to get to the lounge at 9:20 (starving) and miss the food. I mentioned this and yesterday the lounge and food stayed open a few minutes after 9:30. I thought this was particularly responsive.

The 34th floor smells incredibly musty and it's a pretty gross introduction to the lounge. The physical space, however, is beautiful with absolutely amazing views. It reminds me of the layout of the GH Santiago in Chile. Unfortunately, some guests are a bit messy and the staff does not come behind quickly enough to clean up. We had to bus a table and there were crumbs all over the seats.

Overall, it does not live up to lounge standards set by places like GH HK, but it also costs a fraction of the price to stay here. Come for the views and enjoy a glass of wine. Then get out to Paris and find a real meal.
PETERPNYC likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 4:00 am

very poor hotel, no service, absolutely no Hyatt standard
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Any recent Globalist stays? I'm wondering if you can still get breakfast in the hotel restaurant and avoid the craziness (and apparently limited food options) offered in the club?

Thanks!
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by moulder3
Any recent Globalist stays? I'm wondering if you can still get breakfast in the hotel restaurant and avoid the craziness (and apparently limited food options) offered in the club?

Thanks!
the restaurant is even worst than the lounge.
This property is a no go even after renovation... it's a mess, dirty, understaffed and overcrowded.
Same for the Le Meridien next door, same style same mess.
MarkOK likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Titanium | Hilton Diamond

Thanks!

I stayed in June and breakfast in the restaurant was not given as an option (but I didn't ask about it either)
Old Aug 22, 2018, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat

Thanks!
I was at the Étoile in May and the lounge is quite fine for breakfast and the food options are not limited at all.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Thanks for the lounge feedback! It seems that even post-renovation this isn't a recommended hotel for Globalists? I'm expecting a small room anywhere I'll stay in Paris (since it seems not many Globalist suite upgrades), I was just hoping the lounge would make this hotel worth it rather than booking a random hotel (and not getting any perks). It looked like the general area (I read it's a nice neighborhood with good restaurants) and fast subway access across town on RER trains would've made this a good option, but I guess not?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.