Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2017, 11:42 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by anubond005
To be honest, I don't know why folks find issues with this property. And what other options do you have anyways for that many points? PHV is way overpriced (Points or cash) for an ok room with good breakfast.
You have great breakfast here, complementary wine & snacks in the evening (Globalist Members). Metro station is connected to hotel and gets you anywhere in Paris. Yes, rooms are small but how much time are you really spending in room when visiting Paris? Most of the Europe rooms size tend to be smaller. If you don't have extra load of points to splurge on PHV than HR Paris is a great option for 15k points in Paris.
I know the reviews on this thread are somewhat moderate, but on Hyatt's website and others there is a host of bad reviews -- again though, seems mostly construction related which shouldn't a problem next year anyways. I always just like to have an assurance that things are on the up and up. I am not comparing this Hyatt to others in Paris (which are a bit beyond my means, whether in points or as cash) as much as this compared to a trip to the cat 4s GH Berlin or HR Amsterdam, both cities I've been to just brief enough to know I want to go back. I'll have globalist (lite) next year, tens of thousands of points to burn, and time to travel in the summer, and I look forward to using it all somehow.

I am looking at hopefully doing a free cat1-4 certificate from the Chase card, and then probably the 7500 pts+100 a night rate for the rest -- it makes a stay in Paris quite affordable. And the small room size doesn't bother me at all because the kid hopefully won't be coming along .
Old Sep 6, 2017, 4:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by martyYYZ
You can use points to book a Deluxe King or Deluxe Twin for the standard cat 4 rate of 15K. Both of these room types allow 2 adults and 1 child (up to 12 years old)
As an FYI, I had a family of 6 in two rooms (two adults, four kids). They even assigned rooms that had a connecting door, so 3 in a room is quite doable (even if it's tight). The Deluxe rooms (Twin & King, I had one of each) have a little sofa/chaise that was big enough for a kid to sleep on.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 4:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by anubond005
To be honest, I don't know why folks find issues with this property. And what other options do you have anyways for that many points? PHV is way overpriced (Points or cash) for an ok room with good breakfast.
You have great breakfast here, complementary wine & snacks in the evening (Globalist Members). Metro station is connected to hotel and gets you anywhere in Paris. Yes, rooms are small but how much time are you really spending in room when visiting Paris? Most of the Europe rooms size tend to be smaller. If you don't have extra load of points to splurge on PHV than HR Paris is a great option for 15k points in Paris.
Completely agree. Really the only complaint is that the rooms are small, but that's true pretty much everywhere. And even though they're small they are very well designed and laid out such that it didn't feel cramped in 200 square feet.

Having the metro in the basement of the building is awesome, makes the location so much better (and really it's not a far walk to Arc de Triomphe and at that point you're into the center of town)
Old Sep 10, 2017, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by martyYYZ
...All of the rooms they offer are now renovated.
You mean HR Etoile only offers renovation rooms now. No suites and no pre-renovation rooms?
Old Sep 10, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TerryK
You mean HR Etoile only offers renovation rooms now. No suites and no pre-renovation rooms?
Correct. When I was there in May all base rooms they were selling were renovated and the suites were being renovated so they were not available to book. I don't know if the suites have all been renovated yet
Old Sep 10, 2017, 4:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
And when we say "renovated," I presume we mean renovated by Hyatt, as opposed to the poor attempt by the previous owner to renovate some of the rooms?
Old Sep 11, 2017, 7:58 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Well, I just booked this for 7 nights in June, on points + cash (7500 pts per night+$100; point value of 3.3 cents/pt compared to the current cash-rate ). The only problem with points plus cash is the only room option is the deluxe double, but I hope that my then-Globalist status will get me at least a nice view! I normally don't like to book this far in advance, but I couldn't stop thinking about the possibility of them upping the category after the upgrade or dropping the cash/pts options. I think they probably wouldn't upgrade the cat, but the line of evidence that concerns me is that even the Hyatt House and Hyatt Place in Manhatten are cat 5s

We've been wanting to go to New York as well, and it turned out that it was fairly cheap airfare-wise to nestle a round trip mid-week JFK-CDG tickets within roundtrip SWO-LGA tickets (all told - $1000 per person for both roundtrips, compared to $1500+ for any SWO-CDG tickets or any multi-city tickets (which aa.com was pricing out in the 2K-3K range)). I am totally jealous at how the coastal markets get competitive airfares.

So: Grand Hyatt NY for three nights, HR Paris Etoile for 7, back to new york for the Times-Square Hyatt Centric for three more nights. I should actually be able to get my 5-brand certificate next year

Last edited by MarkOK; Sep 11, 2017 at 11:14 am
Old Sep 11, 2017, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MarkOK
.....I should actually be able to get my 5-brand certificate next year
Is Brand Explorer an annual award? I thought that's only for 2017 as WoH is new.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by TerryK
Is Brand Explorer an annual award? I thought that's only for 2017 as WoH is new.
No, I don't think they are annual, but it isn't calendar year based or anything either. My understanding is the award is based on when one hits 5 brands, whenever that happens (and a second award at 10 brands). I currently have checks for HP, HR, and HHs --- the GH and the Hyatt Centric should get me that certificate next year (as long as they don't drop it).

I rarely seem to travel to many cities with other brands, or when I do, the other brands have ended up being quite too much for those dates for me to justify (aka. last time I was in New Orleans, the HC was more ~$350 while the HR and HH were about 160-200. As much as I wanted to try out the HC, I wasn't going to spend twice as much for it). On this trip, I am not too keen on the GH new york, but right now it is 200$ cheaper than the Andaz's which I would rather try out (and a little be harder than GH for me to find)--I will monitor the prices and hope to switch reservations.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 1:36 pm

No, I don't think they are annual, but it isn't calendar year based or anything either. My understanding is the award is based on when one hits 5 brands, whenever that happens (and a second award at 10 brands). I currently have checks for HP, HR, and HHs --- the GH and the Hyatt Centric should get me that certificate next year (as long as they don't drop it).
And the "clock" started on 4/1 - so who knows?
Old Sep 13, 2017, 11:34 am

I've booked a one night award stay here in December to shake off some jet lag before heading to the Alps. Can anyone tell me how much the breakfast is currently and if it's worth it? Or would I be better off with a quick bite from Paul?
Old Sep 13, 2017, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by firecracker725
I've booked a one night award stay here in December to shake off some jet lag before heading to the Alps. Can anyone tell me how much the breakfast is currently and if it's worth it? Or would I be better off with a quick bite from Paul?
If you have to pay for the breakfast, I'd go to Paul (but, I may be prejudiced, I'm a Paul lover). If I recall, the hotel buffet breakfast was around $30 (maybe more) a few years ago, but it was good and a large variety.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
We arrived here Tuesday afternoon. The temporary entry was a little weird. A guy in an overcoat just started taking our bags from our Uber, and he had no uniform or name tag on. We just got a bag tag, that doesn't even list the number of bags on it.

Elevator up to the 4th floor, and a bit of a schlep to checkin. They were painting nearby, and I started to get a headache immediately. Two people working, so a 5 minute wait or so.

Nice checkin agent. Got a 23rd floor room, with Eiffel Tower view, much to the delight of the family. Remarked that we got a "great" rate.

The room is tight, but functional. It got fairly hot in the afternoon. The bathroom is even tighter, with the toilet in a bit of a cubby. It does have a handheld sprayer for the toilet, which is nice.

The bed is quite comfortable. Nice duvet, which helps at night once the room cooled down. Small fridge, barely big enough for our whole roasted chicken from Auchon to fit in.

Bags were delivered quickly, and a gentleman set up the sofabed for my little monster.

We missed evening cocktails as we were tired, and didn't feel like dragging ourselves downstairs, between 6-9pm.

The Hyatt website said the property had "self laundry", but here it just seems to mean they'll pick it up and send it out. The wife hates to have dirty clothes about, so I guess we'll have to find a lavarie nearby. Google shows 2 places within 500m.

Last edited by Jaimito Cartero; Sep 19, 2017 at 6:27 pm
Old Sep 19, 2017, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Well, I just booked this for 7 nights in June, on points + cash (7500 pts per night+$100; point value of 3.3 cents/pt compared to the current cash-rate ). The only problem with points plus cash is the only room option is the deluxe double, but I hope that my then-Globalist status will get me at least a nice view! I normally don't like to book this far in advance, but I couldn't stop thinking about the possibility of them upping the category after the upgrade or dropping the cash/pts options. I think they probably wouldn't upgrade the cat, but the line of evidence that concerns me is that even the Hyatt House and Hyatt Place in Manhatten are cat 5s

We've been wanting to go to New York as well, and it turned out that it was

So: Grand Hyatt NY for three nights, HR Paris Etoile for 7, back to new york for the Times-Square Hyatt Centric for three more nights. I should actually be able to get my 5-brand certificate next year
GH NY is probably the worst out of all NYC Hyatts. Couldn't get Hyatt Union Square or Andaz 5th?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 10:26 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Aventine
GH NY is probably the worst out of all NYC Hyatts. Couldn't get Hyatt Union Square or Andaz 5th?
My vote for worst would be HP midtown.

And my last visit to Andaz 5th was just Meh - cold breakfast and hard sell by FD for room upgrades.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.