Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jul 2, 2022, 4:46 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Would 1) file a complaint w/Hyatt Consumer Affairs, 2) contact the hotel GM, 3) ping MHC if you have one....I did all three on the HdL issue and got to the bottom of it.
What type of conclusion did you reach with HdL?
Old Jul 2, 2022, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ryandc99
What type of conclusion did you reach with HdL?
Not a desirable outcome but confirmed from Hyatt Corporate and the hotel GM that their renovations were knocking out all the base rooms...IMO a bit too convenient that it's only those, but at least it is an explanation.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 1:22 pm

family stay

Is this a good option for families? Have 2 little ones and looking at options, the suite seems good for us but wondering if the location would be too cumbersome.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by jinu11
Is this a good option for families? Have 2 little ones and looking at options, the suite seems good for us but wondering if the location would be too cumbersome.
That probably depends on the ages, you're likely going to be taking the metro to/from, be prepared for longer walks to/hrough the metro, the RER-C station is more convenient, when we went the construction affected some of the metro entrances and required a little more walking. We just went with our 8 year olds and absolutely no issues with them. The suites aren't huge but worked out fine. There's a little playground, and some other stuff to mess around with on the greenbelt along Blvd Pereire a couple blocks up
Old Jul 20, 2022, 2:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
FYI, it may seem further than it is - it's two metro stops away from the Arc de Triomphe - and a then a beautiful walk down the Champs-lyses to the Tuileries and the Louvre. Further, that Metro line will take you to many sites you may want to visit (or close to them) including, Arc de Triomphe, Tuileries and the Louvre (if you choose not to walk), Les Halles, Notre Dame and the Bastille. If you plan on taking the Metro around the city, I don't think you'll find it cumbersome at all, as pretty much everything else will be one change of train maximum.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
FYI, it may seem further than it is - it's two metro stops away from the Arc de Triomphe - and a then a beautiful walk down the Champs-lyses to the Tuileries and the Louvre. Further, that Metro line will take you to many sites you may want to visit (or close to them) including, Arc de Triomphe, Tuileries and the Louvre (if you choose not to walk), Les Halles, Notre Dame and the Bastille. If you plan on taking the Metro around the city, I don't think you'll find it cumbersome at all, as pretty much everything else will be one change of train maximum.
I'm pretty bad with foreign names, but I think Les Halles is connected to the Westfield Shopping Center.

There is a lot of construction around the hotel. I was just there and if the OP has a lot of luggage, I recommend he take a taxi. The Parisian subway system is horribly outdated and needs to be modernized. It's a pain in the ... to carry luggage around.

As for the hotel, the entry-level rooms are very small. I think for the OP, a suite is a bare minimum for comfort.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
I'm pretty bad with foreign names, but I think Les Halles is connected to the Westfield Shopping Center.

There is a lot of construction around the hotel. I was just there and if the OP has a lot of luggage, I recommend he take a taxi. The Parisian subway system is horribly outdated and needs to be modernized. It's a pain in the ... to carry luggage around.

As for the hotel, the entry-level rooms are very small. I think for the OP, a suite is a bare minimum for comfort.
That may well be. However, I was answering the question from the perspective of a location for a family to stay while in Paris, not how difficult it is to get from the airport.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 9:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
That may well be. However, I was answering the question from the perspective of a location for a family to stay while in Paris, not how difficult it is to get from the airport.
I concur. The fact that you're literally on top of a subway station makes it very convenient to get around the city as a tourist doing touristy stuff. You are going to want to use the metro (you can walk into the city from there, and we did a couple times), but I absolutely agree that while you're there it's incredibly convenient to get nearly anywhere in the city.

It is more of a pain getting to/from an airport (particularly Orly) than if you were staying centrally. But IMO either you're going to hire a car either way, or you're going to have to deal with a mass transit system. And if you're complaining about mass transit to HR Etoile, then you'll have a hard time with mass transit to any other hotel as well.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by jameswes
I concur. The fact that you're literally on top of a subway station makes it very convenient to get around the city as a tourist doing touristy stuff. You are going to want to use the metro (you can walk into the city from there, and we did a couple times), but I absolutely agree that while you're there it's incredibly convenient to get nearly anywhere in the city.

It is more of a pain getting to/from an airport (particularly Orly) than if you were staying centrally. But IMO either you're going to hire a car either way, or you're going to have to deal with a mass transit system. And if you're complaining about mass transit to HR Etoile, then you'll have a hard time with mass transit to any other hotel as well.
As I said, it depends on the circumstance. If I don't have any luggage, but an HBO, the subway is perfectly ok. If you have heavy luggage, the fewer transfers the better. That or take a taxi.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 6:32 am

On my last trip I used RERB then the metro to the hotel. No problem with luggage on the RER, it was a bit awkward on the metro. From the hotel I used a taxi to Opera then the Roissybus. No problem with luggage on the bus. However if there are 4 of you it’s probably best to take a taxi to and from the hotel and the airport.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 1:13 pm

Thanks for all the responses. Children are young, 1 and 4 years old, main concern would be lugging strollers around the metro if that would be a big inconvenience, if being more "central" affords us the ability to just walk around without metro. From the airport I'm not thinking about, I will likely just hire transportation to take us, we aren't going to deal with metro/luggage/kids. We would get a suite at this hotel, which is the main pro in my mind, otherwise if we were to stay somewhere more central would probably be in a base room somewhere.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 1:49 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Would 1) file a complaint w/Hyatt Consumer Affairs, 2) contact the hotel GM, 3) ping MHC if you have one....I did all three on the HdL issue and got to the bottom of it.
HdL?
Old Jul 22, 2022, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by js1993
HdL?
Hotel du Louvre
lsquare and js1993 like this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 2:23 pm

Thanks for all the responses. Children are young, 1 and 4 years old, main concern would be lugging strollers around the metro if that would be a big inconvenience, if being more "central" affords us the ability to just walk around without metro. From the airport I'm not thinking about, I will likely just hire transportation to take us, we aren't going to deal with metro/luggage/kids. We would get a suite at this hotel, which is the main pro in my mind, otherwise if we were to stay somewhere more central would probably be in a base room somewhere.
We just finished a stay here with two kids under 10 in an Eiffel Tower View suite - we had booked the base room and used a suite night upgrade. Honestly, it worked perfectly for us. Sure, it isn't the most central hotel but the view cannot be beat and we walked to Arc de Triomphe in 15 minutes. The lounge was meh, but I don't come to Paris to eat lounge food anyway. It was fine for a light breakfast and to pick up drinks anytime.

The cost of the room was like 220 euros, a fraction of the rest of the Hyatt properties in Paris. We put that savings (which for our dates was in the hundreds! next closest hotel was almost triple in price for a room that could accommodate all of us) into taxis when we got tired. You aren't going to get that "Oh my god" moment (which one of my kids actually did say!) opening the door and seeing the view out of any other Hyatt Paris hotel.
TravisMT81, lsquare and js1993 like this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by slariz
You aren't going to get that "Oh my god" moment (which one of my kids actually did say!) opening the door and seeing the view out of any other Hyatt Paris hotel.
Are you sure? Because every Paris movie and TV show I've ever seen has the Eiffel Tower view right outside the window!
lsquare and jdhnyc like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.