Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2022, 11:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by lsquare
I had no idea what the hotel looked like from the outside. I just thought of Google Maps Streetview and got an idea of what the area looks like now. I think I know what you mean. I see the mall you're referring to, and it doesn't match my understanding of what a mall is. I still have so much to learn about Paris!
Unless something has radically changed, it looks pretty much like any other indoor mall with a couple of levels, with the exception of no large anchor department stores.
lsquare likes this.
Old May 19, 2022, 11:51 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by madderlake
The subway is fine! Took it today from Porte Maillot and although you have to walk through some of the construction area between the metro stop and the hotel, it was fine and they have little sidewalks constructed for pedestrians, etc (and it's about a 5 min walk). Also if you haven't been to Paris in a while and you plan to ride the metro a lot you can buy the Navigo card at the ticket window and ask to load 'dix carnets' (remember they used to sell packets of 10 paper tickets? Now it's on a card that you refill). I plan to ride the metro a lot since it's waaaay cheaper than cabs and Ubers right now. For example, I was at Republique and priced an Uber back to the hotel and it quoted me 22-25 Euro. So I took the metro instead

We arrived into Orly actually (from Portugal) and took a cab (50 Euros). If we had arrived at CDG I probably would have done the RER/metro. Depends on how much energy you have when you land.

The lounge is now much smaller than it was. They cut it in half and installed a Champagne bar next door - not even sure if it's open bc I think they've been holding corporate events in there every evening. But what's strange, even with the smaller lounge it never seems to be crowded. Always tables open at breakfast and evening and the staff are sweet and very attentive. The evening spread has charcuterie and cheese, a tapenade, hummus and pita, and a couple other things - plus a nice wine dispenser with actual decent wine. In the a.m it's the usual of scrambled eggs, bacon (crispy!), sausage, hard boiled eggs, all kinds of breads and pastries, fresh fruit, etc.
The lounge use to be on a lower floor, and the cocktail bar has always been there.
Old May 19, 2022, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Unless something has radically changed, it looks pretty much like any other indoor mall with a couple of levels, with the exception of no large anchor department stores.
LOL! My original impression was something along the lines of Mall of America when I hear mall.
Old May 19, 2022, 1:08 pm

LOL! My original impression was something along the lines of Mall of America when I hear mall.
It is more of a “dead mall” . But it is still used a lot for conference.
lsquare likes this.
Old May 19, 2022, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What was the breakfast like pre-COVID? Did the Etoile scale back on its offering? What about the food in the lounge? How does the HR Etoile compare to a Hyatt in the Greater China Region?
Old May 19, 2022, 2:19 pm

LoL well not really fair to compare. Breakfast consist of the same exact runny eggs, odd bacon, earthy potatoes, and mushrooms. Salad, cheese, prosciutto, and lots of pastries.

Evening is literally the same exact things every night, with maybe a sandwich of the day.
Bread, cheese (same one everyday breakfast and dinner) hummus, sliced salami, Etc.

I generally had a glass of wine and went to dinner.
lsquare likes this.
Old May 19, 2022, 3:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Not quite!

However, I used to enjoy it because there was a Paul Boulangerie, an Angelina's and a grocery store that also carried some well known local pastries and/or ice cream (I forget which), so there were several meal options (especially for those who didn't have status at the Hyatt). I'm not sure which, if any, of them remain.
Old May 19, 2022, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
What was the breakfast like pre-COVID? Did the Etoile scale back on its offering? What about the food in the lounge? How does the HR Etoile compare to a Hyatt in the Greater China Region?
Current Lounge breakfast (for Globalists and Club Access guest who are not eating in the restaurant) is almost back to pre-Covid level. I remember a few more choices pre-Covid and the big crocks of fancy French butter (replaced by small single serve pads which is just not the same). Evening food pre-Covid had more variety and started at 5 PM instead on 6 PM now. I like the fully stocked refrigerators with all kinds of drinks and beer all day long. Only Lounge I've been to that has Fever Tree Ginger Beer.

Do you seriously want to use Greater China Region as a reference? Nothing compares with Hyatt hotels in Greater China.
TravisMT81 and lsquare like this.
Old May 19, 2022, 11:56 pm

Ah OK - thanks for clarifying that! I knew something felt different but couldn't put my finger on it!

Originally Posted by TravisMT81
The lounge use to be on a lower floor, and the cocktail bar has always been there.
Old May 20, 2022, 7:08 am

I have a reservation beginning tomorrow for a Family Room as I'm traveling as a group of 3 adults. When I looked in the app at my reservation this morning, I see that I've been downgraded to 1 King room with Club Access. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt until I check-in as I've had rooms categories changed before but a tad bit concerning, especially since we'll be arriving around 10:30 PM, not something I want to deal with.
Old May 20, 2022, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

No one really goes to Paris for lounge food but it's okay/decent. Can't hold a candle to lavish breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and full dinner spreads found in China.
Old May 20, 2022, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aventine
Tgis
Huh?
Old May 20, 2022, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Huh?
See above for my writing. Submitted a typo that you quickly saw.
Old May 20, 2022, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aventine
No one really goes to Paris for lounge food but it's okay/decent. Can't hold a candle to lavish breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and full dinner spreads found in China.
It's part of the experience, right? What's wrong with asking anyways? I don't get it.
Old May 20, 2022, 8:31 am

It's part of the experience, right? What's wrong with asking anyways? I don't get it.
the experience of eating in this lounge or the experience of asking and comparing a Paris lounge to those from Asia?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.