FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hyatt place or house? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1467811-hyatt-place-house.html)

apolloms May 16, 2013 4:33 pm

Hyatt place or house?

I've got a 1 night stay that I need to book for tomorrow night, I've got a choice between a Hyatt Place or a Hyatt House....both are the same price...which should I go with?

Maui4me1 May 16, 2013 5:10 pm

House, however neither one is great...IMO :td:

365RoadWarrior May 16, 2013 5:16 pm

If it's Rancho Cordova, House. If it's Pleasanton, Place. Generally, House for more character and possible suite, kitchen...

Crazyhotelguy May 16, 2013 8:25 pm

I am at FLL now.. At the HP. The only reason that I chose HP over the HH across the street was due to the HH rate only being a studio. IIRC the rooms at the HP are bigger than the HH studio. If I knew I would have gotten an UG to a 1 BR, I would have def. gone for the HH...

Only other prob with the HH is that you sometimes have to deal with the smells of others cooking...

I think the breakfast at HH is better and the HH offers the reception..

coolinchicago May 16, 2013 10:20 pm

If you're thinking about stopping at the bar, then definitely the Hyatt House. You're more likely to interact with other guests at HH, if that's something you like to do. I generally feel a more upbeat "vibe" at HH, too.

mr27 May 16, 2013 11:33 pm

Add my vote for HH. Wouldn't choose an HP over them except maybe LAX/El Segundo and HP Des Moines.

SportsTech Apr 27, 2014 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior (Post 20763491)
If it's Pleasanton, Place.

Just booked Hyatt Place Dublin/Pleasonton based on this - mind saying why you prefer this HP vs the HH Pleasanton? Generally, I've found the HH's to be a little nicer.
Thx,
ST

MSPeconomist Apr 28, 2014 12:03 am

The renovated and brand new HPs are better than the old awful ones. In addition to Des Moines, Madison and the new downtown Minneapolis are pretty good.

I wish there were more HH choices.

365RoadWarrior Apr 28, 2014 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by SportsTech (Post 22772074)
Just booked Hyatt Place Dublin/Pleasonton based on this - mind saying why you prefer this HP vs the HH Pleasanton? Generally, I've found the HH's to be a little nicer.
Thx,
ST

In Pleasanton, the House is a much newer property, more conveniently located to freeway and shopping. The House is back in the "industrial parks" and office buildings. It's an older property, more run down (as of a year or so, my latest visit). They also apparently have a "party problem"; all guests have to sign a "no party" pledge. If there aren't any parties, though, House could be slightly quieter (further from freeway and busy roads), but I wouldn't want to be in the House without a car.

Edited to add: if you have a car and want to trek about 10 miles north, the Hyatt House in San Ramon is nice - former Hotel Sierra.

WCT3U Apr 28, 2014 2:52 pm

Depends :-) For one night, I'd suggest Hyatt Place. it's more consistent and so you'll know what you are getting. For an extended stay, I'd choose Hyatt House. You get some variety in the suite and can get past some of the bumps. In the few times I've stayed at Hyatt House, I've found the staff to be friendly and hospitable but not quite up to running an all-suite hotel. Hyatt Place gives you a better and smoother hotel-type experience.