Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Diamonds can now choose 1,000 bonus points over amenity in international Hyatt's

Diamonds can now choose 1,000 bonus points over amenity in international Hyatt's

Closed Thread

Old Apr 5, 13, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport, Shangri-la Golden Circle

I don't know how widespread this is yet. I am currently staying at a Hyatt in Hong Kong and the hotel is offering Diamond members a choice of 1,000 bonus points or food and beverage amenity starting 1 April 2013 (not the 3,000 points for 3 nights promotion). The staff told me that Hyatt will be rolling out the 1,000 bonus points across all international properties, but has not yet publicized this yet because they want to do it as a trial.

I am glad that Hyatt finally recognize the importance of treating their international customers as equal as US customers.
Old Apr 5, 13, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA3MMEXP, BAGold, UA1MMPremGold, Marriott PlatPremAmb, AccorPlat, HHGold, IC PlatAmb, HyattExplorist
That is very good news indeed--I would much rather have the 1K points than, for example, the mealy apples!
Old Apr 5, 13, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
Amenity

To give the GHHK credit, I've always found a bottle of Chapoutier CDR "Belleruche" in the room, in addition to the fruits, as amenities. The wines seems to only appear when staying on paid rates.
Old Apr 5, 13, 4:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum (former PP), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
I expect those stingy European properties in Germany will delay this until the bitter end.
Old Apr 5, 13, 4:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN, LC Aur, Hyatt Dmd, Mar/SPG "Lifetime" Plat, HH Dmd, IC Amb, Sixt Dmd
It's about time. Good move. But they still have their international customers at a huge disadvantage compared to US customers (no/hardly any cheap properties to qualify, no credit card, etc.).
Old Apr 5, 13, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Mexico City during the week, most likely Atlanta on the weekends
Programs: Starriott Platinum Premier/Ambassador, UA 2P, Spend too much time on DL, HH Gold
Great move! Even though some of the F&B amenities have been very good at the international properties, I'd still much rather have the 1000 points in my account.
Old Apr 5, 13, 5:36 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gld,HH Dia,WOH Discoverist,IHG Plat
I was not offered any option when staying in Cancun last week. Got a bowl of fruit.
Old Apr 5, 13, 6:38 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
If/when this happens, it will be awesome.
Old Apr 5, 13, 7:00 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Seems like they're rolling this out. I've been talking to GP about this for quite some time.
Old Apr 6, 13, 7:00 am

Programs: Lifetime Globalist
I just checked in at the GH in HK and didn't read this yesterday.

Very pleasantly surprised: This makes Diamond more valuable for international Diamond members for sure. In times where other hotel chains are cutting benefits this is a clear signal that my business matters and is appreciated.

I would think that the average spend per night of non-US Diamonds is higher and I am sure that this is a smart move to secure 'good' revenue for Hyatt.
Old Apr 6, 13, 10:32 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Would be nice to get an official confirmation...... again something that makes it obvious GP has a problem communicating. It's something that will make most people happy so why they keep silent is beyond me. It was also reported on April 2nd at the GH Bangkok.
Old Apr 6, 13, 10:43 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by RTW1 View Post
Would be nice to get an official confirmation...... again something that makes it obvious GP has a problem communicating. It's something that will make most people happy so why they keep silent is beyond me. It was also reported on April 2nd at the GH Bangkok.
I'm 1 for 2 thus far on my european trip....
Old Apr 6, 13, 10:48 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It's probably a phased introduction, just like the Spa/Restaurant points when not staying at the property are.... or some properties might be unwilling to participate because they first need to get rid of all the apples they have stockpiled :-).

All the more reason to make an announcement.
Old Apr 6, 13, 11:27 am

Programs: UNITED 1K / 3 MM, LH Senator, DL Diamond, SPG Platinum Lifetime, Hyatt Diamond, Platinum Royal Ambas
Hopefully this new Diamond perk will happen soon for all international properties.

AND somehow I truly hope that Hyatt with follow Starwood's Crossover Rewards,
and offer something similar, perhaps with UNITED. I know, I know .... I am selfish,
but the Hyatt / United combination would work best for me. Wishful thinking
Old Apr 6, 13, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wonderful news, Hyatt.

Search this Thread