Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Reminder: diamond suite upgrades expire Thurs 2/28/13

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2013, 8:51 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

If you have any left, perhaps try to book likely stays and apply these upgrades before they expire. Changes or cancellations to the reservations will result in the upgrade being lost though.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
If you have any left, perhaps try to book likely stays and apply these upgrades before they expire.
Thank you for the reminder.

Changes or cancellations to the reservations will result in the upgrade being lost though.
What about rate changes, for example when I would like to switch from the Best Flexible Rate to the Advance Purchase Rate later?
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I've never had an issue changing rates when a suite upgrade was applied. I also always mention that there's an upgrade attached to the reservation... just in case.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 5:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Damn still have 3 unused.. I'll have to book some tomorrow last minute.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 8:14 pm

Programs: Lots
So they just have to be applied prior to 28FEB? Not used?

Wow, I was going to let 3 go to waste if that's the case.

Thanks much for the reminder!
Old Feb 27, 2013, 1:52 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
If you have any left, perhaps try to book likely stays and apply these upgrades before they expire. Changes or cancellations to the reservations will result in the upgrade being lost though.
Thanx for the reminder. It's so sad that I must let six upgrade vouchers go. I won't be able to decide until tomorrow!
Old Feb 27, 2013, 4:42 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IggySD
So they just have to be applied prior to 28FEB? Not used?

Wow, I was going to let 3 go to waste if that's the case.

Thanks much for the reminder!
Yes just applied.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 6:54 am

Changes or cancellations to the reservations will result in the upgrade being lost though.

Do they no longer allow date changes to suite upgraded reservations? If so this is disappointing. In the past dates could be changed, the upgrades would only be forfeited if a reservation were cancelled outright.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 6:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Globlist,MarriottPlat,Hilton Gold,Delta Silver,National EE,Avis President Club, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Do they no longer allow date changes to suite upgraded reservations? If so this is disappointing. In the past dates could be changed, the upgrades would only be forfeited if a reservation were cancelled outright.
When must travel be completed on upgrades that expire on the 28th. I have a few left. Been using my points instead of $$ last few stays.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 7:19 am
ym1

Programs: M&M, AVIS, HH, GP ...
peteropny many thanks for your reminder was good to know that booking day is the important and not stay day, yes if you change you losing it but if not you got it, my stay date are in mid April and there was no issue to use the Diamond upgrade. So all that still have leftover call and book now!!!
Old Feb 27, 2013, 8:24 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by shaker58
When must travel be completed on upgrades that expire on the 28th. I have a few left. Been using my points instead of $$ last few stays.
As long as the trip is booked now, it can be whenever in the future as long as the rooms are available. If you cancel your travel, you wont get your upgrade stickers deposited back after the expiration date.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 6:20 pm

Hooray! Suite availability opened up today for my upcoming reservation at the Park Hyatt Shanghai. Was able to apply my last upgrade cert to the stay.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:09 am

Anyone know what time (as in time zone) these upgrades disappear from our account? Thanks
Old Feb 28, 2013, 1:31 pm

Is anyone else having trouble using upgrades? I just booked a hotel online for July, all room types showed availability. When I called diamond # to use upgrade, she said hotel was sold out!! I told her that was strange, I just booked room, and it showed availability. She checked again, repeated my dates, and still said hotel sold out! I guess I will wait awhile, and call back!
Old Feb 28, 2013, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I just tried to use 2 in Newport, RI, and was told they are all sold out

Oh well, I guess they'll just expire.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.