Hyatt Courtesy Card Invitations

Old Mar 19, 2021, 6:18 am

Programs: LH, WoH, Bonvoy, ALL, SH-L
These ideas sound like fraud and breach of contract to me.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
This thread should be renamed "Should I Buy A Hyatt For Stay Perks?"
Old Jan 14, 2022, 8:59 am
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
Has anybody heard about Courtesy Card renewal- or termination?
Old Jan 17, 2022, 4:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy Card, British Airways Lifetime Gold, United Million Miler
I've not seen any change in my account yet, past Feb.2022, Last year we got renewed in January. I am hoping that 55 nights is enough to get renewed.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 2:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy Card, British Airways Lifetime Gold, United Million Miler
Originally Posted by mmgm
Has anybody heard about Courtesy Card renewal- or termination?
I just got my renewal today!
Old Jan 18, 2022, 2:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Years ago some of us Chicago-area FTers talked about forming a company to buy one of each chain’s hotels. One of us would run it. Then manage it for the benefit of the owners, facilitate remote check-in mattress runs, etc.

I still think it’s a good idea.
This reply is way late, but...I'm in.

Originally Posted by worldshopper
Can you share any relevant spend or night detail?
Markie likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 3:34 am

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
I received my renewal email the same day!

Originally Posted by worldshopper
Markie likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 10:04 am
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
I noticed my renewal in my profile. I was never notified. Not complaining lol
Old Apr 5, 2023, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by hailstorm
This thread should be renamed "Should I Buy A Hyatt For Stay Perks?"
I'm actually non-ironically wondering if someone has invested in a hotel for status. I don't know much about hospitality but would be interested in investing sometime in the future.

At least it's easier than buying an airline for those perks.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 3:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Does anyone have any data point on "qualifying" without owning/managing a hotel?
Like in charge of a company travel budget? Or very high number of yearly or lifetime nights or points?
Old Apr 6, 2023, 3:50 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
The only data point... An exec at a Park Hyatt I frequent told me the head of corporate booking in that country for their biggest client received Courtesy Card. This is a Fortune 20 company.

She said I should get a Courtesy Card but neither she nor I knew how.

I would like one but am already treated super well by most properties.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 5:49 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ralphs
I'm actually non-ironically wondering if someone has invested in a hotel for status. I don't know much about hospitality but would be interested in investing sometime in the future.

At least it's easier than buying an airline for those perks.
Don’t recall if it was Hyatt or some other major hotel groups, but the owner-oriented statuses had some kind of cap on how many per property and/or per ownership company. Otherwise there could be who know how many “cousins” suddenly popping up. I thought it may also be the same way for some of the bigger corporate travel customers’ big whigs.

By the way, if you think sharing of benefits is bad with Globalists and the like, consider that there are owners (or their heirs to be) who “shared the wealth” by booking rooms for themselves but then let the “additional” guests ride on those benefits even in their absence.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Don’t recall if it was Hyatt or some other major hotel groups, but the owner-oriented statuses had some kind of cap on how many per property and/or per ownership company. Otherwise there could be who know how many “cousins” suddenly popping up. I thought it may also be the same way for some of the bigger corporate travel customers’ big whigs.

By the way, if you think sharing of benefits is bad with Globalists and the like, consider that there are owners (or their heirs to be) who “shared the wealth” by booking rooms for themselves but then let the “additional” guests ride on those benefits even in their absence.
I've encountered a very noisy/chainsmoking male CC holder relation at PH Seoul before. The only ironic part was he had to make do with the Park Deluxe while I had the Diplomatic suite. The former GM could only apologize for that guest's behavior. If it was the CC holder himself, I believe our positions would have been reversed.

Last edited by Aventine; Apr 6, 2023 at 6:09 am
Old Apr 6, 2023, 7:42 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Aventine
I've encountered a very noisy/chainsmoking male CC holder relation at PH Seoul before. The only ironic part was he had to make do with the Park Deluxe while I had the Diplomatic suite. The former GM could only apologize for that guest's behavior. If it was the CC holder himself, I believe our positions would have been reversed.
It may depend upon how commercially or otherwise important the (primary) “CC holder himself” is considered by the GM or if they may even have a mutual understanding that the “relation” is a tool to be suffered but also acceptably sidelined in ways.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 8:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by GUWonder

But there have to be some pretty cheap select service hotels out there that can be had for a low seven-figure investment. For example, just some quick LoopNet searching found this: https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/2350...e-PA/27896498/ - a select service Marriott Courtyard listed for $8m, 149 rooms, ~$53k/key. With a 75% LTV, you're only looking for an investment of $2m, which is not too insane assuming this thing cash flows (which is outside my area of expertise but something I'd like to get knowledgeable on in the future) and you can find some fellow crazy people partners.

Anyways, in my research to write this post, I found a bunch of posts on biggerpockets, so I'm going to wander over there and see if anybody has done this dumb idea.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.