Community
Wiki Posts
Search

4 new Hyatts (rebrand) in France

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2012, 4:14 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
new hotels in France?

Well, looking at the Hilton board (sorry) I came across this post, which talks about a Qatari-backed company buying 4 Starwood properties in France:
-Hotel Louvre, Paris
-Concorde Lafayette, Paris
-Martinez, Cannes
-Palais de la Mediterranee, Nice

And mentions a report that:

Originally Posted by hotelnewsnow.com
While Qatar Holding will own the hotels, it will ask U.S. hotel group Hyatt to manage them, according to the French newspaper Le Figaro.
There is a Le Figaro article quoted in the Hilton post, but that contains nothing about Hyatt being asked to manage them... maybe if we all cross our fingers reeeeeeeeally hard!

2 options on the Riviera... yes please

Last edited by Stewie Mac; Jul 27, 2012 at 8:08 am Reason: to correct SPG properties to *wood - thanks for pointing out dw.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 7:32 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
One thing I noticed is that the properties were purchased from Starwood Capital, not Starwood Hotels & Resorts, so they are not currently part of the SPG portfolio. It will be interesting to see whether Hyatt will manage them as independent properties, or whether they will participate in Gold Passport.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 1:50 pm

Programs: LH, United, Hyatt, Air France
French media reported the news (Hyatt has been approached to manage those properties) a month ago but nothing official from Hyatt yet. Cos d'Estournel is already flowing in PH Vendôme though...My bet is that the Concorde Lafayette will become a Hyatt Regency. The property need a major refurbishment but would be the excellent place for all those Visa Card Award. The hotel is next to the convention center and has very bad reputation among businessmen. Hotel du Louvre is a boutique hotel and I forecast it will become Andaz Le Louvre. Martinez could be a Park Hyatt but again needs upgrade. If the news is confirmed, it will be a good step to establish the name of Hyatt in France with French customers. But be ready to adapt the Andaz concept for Paris (we are used to REAL service and not lip service ), have a Hyatt Branded Credit Card accessible for European as the current discrimination is just unacceptable and value for money (not a cheap samsung screen in a park hyatt...). Those hotels are currently managed by Concorde

Last edited by Ducatibiker; Jul 27, 2012 at 2:06 pm
Old Jul 27, 2012, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
I will certainly keep my fingers crossed as we could definitely use a few more properties in the Mediterranean. Hyatt Thessaloniki doesn't really count and I can't think of any other hotel that would fit the bill.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Hyatt announced today that Hotel Martinez will be Grand Hyatt Cannes Hotel Martinez, Palais de la Méditerranée will become Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée, Concorde Lafayette will be named Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile. The Hotel du Louvre will keep its name until renovation to become an Andaz property.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Details (in French):

Les Echos
Old Feb 1, 2013, 7:15 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Hyatt announced today that Hotel Martinez will be Grand Hyatt Cannes Hotel Martinez, Palais de la Méditerranée will become Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée, Concorde Lafayette will be named Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile. The Hotel du Louvre will keep its name until renovation to become an Andaz property.
How soon will these open under Hyatt?
Old Feb 1, 2013, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by nicolas75
This is great news. I am still keeping my fingers crossed that this goes through. So far it seems to be helping.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A523 Safari/8536.25)

Agreed that this is great news. That Figaro article mentions the names changing (and presumably entry into the Hyatt 'family') next April .... 15 more months of finger crossing!
Old Feb 1, 2013, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A523 Safari/8536.25)

Agreed that this is great news. That Figaro article mentions the names changing (and presumably entry into the Hyatt 'family') next April .... 15 more months of finger crossing!
The way I read it the hotels will be renamed this April (2013) - only a few months away.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 8:40 am

Great news:

http://www.investors.hyatt.com/phoen...ews&id=1780452
Old Feb 1, 2013, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by todorovic
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac

The way I read it the hotels will be renamed this April (2013) - only a few months away.
Todorovic - spot on! The press release on the investor site referenced by marvena refers to 'from April 2013'

Really excellent news....the riviera in September for me
Old Feb 1, 2013, 5:30 pm
wpj

Programs: AA EXP 3.2MM, Hyatt Courtesy Card/Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold
4 new Hyatts (rebrand) in France

Hyatt will reflag four hotels in France, including the Concorde Lafayette in Paris and Hotel Martinez in Cannes....

http://www.travelweekly.com/Travel-N...otel-Martinez/
Old Feb 1, 2013, 7:29 pm

Wow great news--time to start earning some more points--
Old Feb 2, 2013, 1:58 am

Programs: Hyatt&Hilton&BW Diamond,GHA Black,Marriott Plat,SPG Gold,AB Platinum,TK Elite,AZ Alata Plus,EY Gold
More presence in Europe is indeed good news.

Now let's hope that we will get some more love from GP and a Hyatt CC. Someday...

Are there any news about more Hyatt Place in Europe? I only know of AMS, but even this one seems to be delayed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.