Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

2013 Promotions - Speculation / Complaint Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 Promotions - Speculation / Complaint Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2013, 6:23 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by jmw2323
hope this isn't trolling.
seems there is a lot more of that these days on these boards doesn't it? why would somebody post something so terribly vague?
Old Jan 16, 2013, 6:26 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by sophiegirl
Where will you go? To Marriott, where TWENTY nights will earn you 35K - not even 1 night in their highest tier? And bennies AREN't available on the weekend or at resorts?

Or Hilton....who allows hundreds of properties to opt out altogether - so the fabulous double points you're earning....don't exist. And you sure need them - with the redemption rates Hilton has in place!

I would agree with this - except every single one of the properties I use has opted out. Every single one. :

Hyatt may not always have a bonus program. But their bennies are awarded fairly without exception to property type or day of the week. When a promo is in place, I am not perusing a long list to see whose in/out this time.

As occupancy rates are way up....promo's will be less frequent, and less lucrative.
Well, I canceled every stays in Hyatt, except Olive8 because I really want to try this one, and booked 4 SPG hotels with BRG... Will get 10 000 pts (BRG + current promo) in addition to the 3 points per $ + 250 gold amenity. So for 4 nights (say 150$) I get 12 800 starpoints. If I stay with Hyatt I will have 3450 points (with 15% plat bonus). Easy choice.

Also given the fact there is way more SPG hotels where I travel and the reward nights are counting toward statut, I have a chance to make Plat (but with Hyatt no chance to make diamond at all... Even if I think Hyatt Diamond get better treatment as SPG Plat, there is no way to have 25 paid stay with Hyatt for me...)

I will still stay in certain property I like (Minneapolis, Jersey city...) or I want to try (Olive8...) but now I am definitely not looking Hyatt first and that is mainly due to GP devaluation...
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:28 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
Well, I canceled every stays in Hyatt, except Olive8 because I really want to try this one, and booked 4 SPG hotels with BRG... Will get 10 000 pts (BRG + current promo) in addition to the 3 points per $ + 250 gold amenity. So for 4 nights (say 150$) I get 12 800 starpoints. If I stay with Hyatt I will have 3450 points (with 15% plat bonus). Easy choice.

Also given the fact there is way more SPG hotels where I travel and the reward nights are counting toward statut, I have a chance to make Plat (but with Hyatt no chance to make diamond at all... Even if I think Hyatt Diamond get better treatment as SPG Plat, there is no way to have 25 paid stay with Hyatt for me...)

I will still stay in certain property I like (Minneapolis, Jersey city...) or I want to try (Olive8...) but now I am definitely not looking Hyatt first and that is
mainly due to GP devaluation..
Your first two paragraphs are packed with reasons that are not related to lack of promotions!

It def sounds as if SPG is way better choice for you - so why is it a big deal that Hyatt has no promo's?

And why quote my post- which doesn't mention SPG at all?

Last edited by sophiegirl; Jan 17, 2013 at 5:14 am
Old Jan 17, 2013, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by sophiegirl
Your first two paragraphs are packed with reasons that are not related to lack of promotions!

It def sounds as if SPG is way better choice for you - so why is it a big deal that Hyatt has no promo's?

And why quote my post- which doesn't mention SPG at all?
First I appology if you took my message (quoting yours) as a personnal critism... That was not my intention at all.

I quoted yours because you was saying that the lack of promo doesn't mean losing some business (not exactly - but that was what I understood when you said "more occupancy rate, less promo" - which is IMO not a good approach except if the occupancy rate is so high you cannot increase it significantly). I just wanted to say that for me, it does. Because if Hyatt were offering a good winter promo (like a significant bonus, don't even dream of FFN...), I would have book my stays with Hyatt instead of SPG, because I generally prefer their hotels.
About chasing SPG Plat, the elimination of Plat Award has also done a lot (now I have no reasons to stay more than 5 stays / years with Hyatt - so it make me try to gain SGP Plat even if I am not sure to get it) but now we are out of topic...

Last edited by Yul_voyager; Jan 17, 2013 at 8:11 am
Old Jan 21, 2013, 6:53 am

any news when the new hyatt promo will start ?
Old Jan 21, 2013, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by cs1985
No
If there is any news, or even rumors, be sure there will be a post in this forum
Old Jan 21, 2013, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by cs1985
Hyatt Winter/Sping 2013 promo dates Feb 15 to May 31
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:00 am

Programs: MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM ELITE, HYATT LIFETIME GLOBALIST, UAL SILVER, AA EXECUTIVE PLATINUM

hope this isn't trolling.

Originally Posted by ldsant
seems there is a lot more of that these days on these boards doesn't it? why would somebody post something so terribly vague?
And post it twice....
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:14 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
and you refuse to respond to requests to elaborate. I guess at some point we will see you post the same thing for the third time
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:23 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Ok no more comments on sources or details ths is the speculation thread after all.

Peteropny - co-mod - Hyatt
Old Jan 22, 2013, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
I wonder if we will ever see a really stellar promo from Gold Passport again? With the demise of FFN & the Gx bonus offers, Gold Passport has truly lost its promotional edge. My devotion to any loyalty program will increase due to a great promotion, but it will then continue onwards even after the offer is complete as I wish to continue earning points and benefits with that program. I've been highly dedicated to the same airline and hotel loyalty programs for years.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:58 am

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.2.1; Nexus 4 Build/JOP40D) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/18.0.1025.166 Mobile Safari/535.19)

I worked on the Marriott MegaBonus last fall after I wrapped up Hyatt Diamond for the year. The 2013 edition starts 01FEB... I'm going to send more business Marriott's way starting in February if Hyatt doesn't respond...
Old Jan 26, 2013, 9:29 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
Can you provide some insights on what this promotion will be alike?
Old Feb 4, 2013, 7:07 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
you would think they would have announced something if there was actually a promo starting on 2/15
Old Feb 4, 2013, 7:24 pm

Wirelessly posted (NokiaX2-01.1/5.0 (08.63) Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/420+)

Originally Posted by jmw2323
you would think they would have announced something if there was actually a promo starting on 2/15
Registration begins Feb 15. Promotion runs from March 1st to May 31st - 3000 points for every 3 nights up to maximum 45000

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.