Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Award Chart Update Effective February 7, 2013

Award Chart Update Effective February 7, 2013

Old Dec 19, 2012, 4:56 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by DHalltheway
I don't really like the location much, but the service there beats the PHT IMHO.
+1

GHT rocks and the Park has seen better days, it is still amazing, but was so often not worth the difference to the PHT
Old Dec 19, 2012, 5:00 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by Brendan
PH Aviara in California & PH Toronto ON Canada both go down 5 -->4. Toronto is a lovely hotel, but I would never spend 18K when the HR Toronto in the Entertainment District is a 2!
HP Pittsburgh North Shore 1 --> 3! This hotel is next door to Heinz Field, where the Steelers play their home games & concerts are held in non-football season! Commands >$200 a night for the convenient location! So it was a 2-good-2B-true bargain @ 5000. Also, other Downtown Pittsburgh hotels are surprisingly expensive!
Quality post ^

The downgrades of Toronto and Aviara somehow reflect the overall situation of the markets, both are very seasonal and therefore both properties offer very good value in the high season from now on, especially Aviara can get in the $400-500 range easily in summer.

15k for the Aviara is one of best deals around in summer from now on.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 5:57 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 700k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by FD1971
Quality post ^

The downgrades of Toronto and Aviara somehow reflect the overall situation of the markets, both are very seasonal and therefore both properties offer very good value in the high season from now on, especially Aviara can get in the $400-500 range easily in summer.

15k for the Aviara is one of best deals around in summer from now on.
+1

I anticipate the changes and this annual thread with considerable trepidation each year - but these are reasonable, minimal and not difficult to swallow, IMO.

In particular, the HR in Albuquerque is a very nice hotel, and a nice base for the good things ABQ and New Mexico have to offer. Nice surprise. Thank you, Mr. Zidell.

^
Old Dec 19, 2012, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by swallaby
Sooo...I'm confused. The PH Aviara is currently a Cat 6 according to the Hyatt website. I wonder what is the typo? Is it dropping 2 catagories (to cat 4) or just to Cat 5 in which case we can't use it for the free CC night...
Bummer, looks like they've now corrected the link in post #1 to show PH Aviara as a mover from 6 to 5.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 9:35 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jpdx
I'd say this is a lot better than expected. A very modest devaluation IME.
So they're moving more properties down than up, but FT'ers still can't but help but to claim this is a devaluation.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by mberlew
Bummer, looks like they've now corrected the link in post #1 to show PH Aviara as a mover from 6 to 5.
That is unfortunate, but not unexpected. It seemed unlikely that it would drop 2 categories. I was looking forward to using our free cc night there!
Old Dec 19, 2012, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by Beckles
So they're moving more properties down than up, but FT'ers still can't but help but to claim this is a devaluation.
It is, but not much of one. One of the largest jumps is the HP Pittsburgh going from 1 to 3, and it's sad but completely understandable as it should have been a 2 to start. I just made a reservation there for early April and the weekday rate is $224/night.

There are always going to be a few individual properties which perform better or worse than expected, and it's reasonable to assume that their category levels will adjust accordingly.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
More desirable properties worth redeeming tend to go up and while others down.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:50 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It's a minor adjustmemt...but for me still a downgrade since there are 3 locations that I sometimes visit that go up. And I never visit one of the others that go down... And I'm not inclined to do so now
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Not bad at all, compared to the last 'adjustment'.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 8:40 am

Programs: PC Platinum, Hyatt GP Diamond, Club Carlson Gold
I wish they had downgraded some Cat 5s to 4 in desirable locations so that we can use the free night from the Credit Card.

RM
Old Dec 21, 2012, 9:43 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
I see some bad things about Park Hyatt Toronto, Service at this location is fantastic, and they went above and beyond to assist my family, specifically my daughter who had special needs. Park Hyatt Toronto, a bit dated, but fantastic staff at this hotel!
Old Dec 23, 2012, 7:44 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by swallaby
That is unfortunate, but not unexpected. It seemed unlikely that it would drop 2 categories. I was looking forward to using our free cc night there!
Seriously, how dumb are they? They actually posted the wrong level in their 'official announcement' that was emailed to every GP member in the world?

Originally I wasn't too bothered by this announcement, but now they've managed to put a bad taste in my mouth by taking away the only part of the change that actually pleased me.

As always, great job with website customer service GP!
Old Feb 6, 2013, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Last night to book at current levels at hotels increasing in award point requirements!
Old Feb 6, 2013, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS, BA-Gold
Originally Posted by RTW1
Same here... and I like the GH location a lot better.
Location is better, but the PH is better in views and service.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.