Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

On the fence- Hyatt Regency Atlanta (Suite) vs. Hyatt Key West

Old Dec 4, 2012, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: PC Platinum, Hyatt GP Diamond, Club Carlson Gold

Dear Fellow FTers,

I am really on the fence.
I have to use my free credit card nights by Jan 31, 13.
I will be going to Atlanta with kids next weekend (2 nights).
Due to Hematology Association Conference, hotels in Atlanta are booked up.
The Hyatt Regency on Peachtree normally goes for $110-$150 but it is $259 for my dates.
Here is my dilemma:
1) Book 2 nights in a suite in Atlanta for my son's B-day.
2) Burn my free nights in Key West (best bang for the buck but NO suites at that hotel) in Jan.

Or do both by burning points in Atlanta at 12,000 GP points per night and using the free nights in Key West. But again, no suites in Key West.
Thanks.
RM
Old Dec 4, 2012, 10:54 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Are you sure that award nights are available in ATL?
Old Dec 4, 2012, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: PC Platinum, Hyatt GP Diamond, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by peteropny
Are you sure that award nights are available in ATL?
Looks like regular award is not available.
However, does suite room from Chase, has a "base room" availability requirement? That is, do they use the same bucket?
Old Dec 4, 2012, 12:00 pm

AHHH lets see...Key West 84 degrees hot women cold beer OR ATL rainy cold and everything covered up. Now why is this a question
Old Dec 4, 2012, 11:24 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
The Hyatt Key West isn't a typical resort property but we really enjoyed our stay there. The rooms were plenty adequate for us, even though they weren't suites.

Only you can decide where to use your free nights. If it were me, I would go to Key West.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 11:41 am

Programs: WN A+ & CP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Diamond, *wood Plat, National EE
Work or Pleasure...hmmm
Old Dec 5, 2012, 9:23 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, AA 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
How old? But I don't even think that moves the needle.

Key West, hands down. The rooms are quite nice enough, and (I) just think of it as a base. Son was completely content with the TV when we were in the room. The pool is very tame - small enough that it can't be otherwise - and you could watch the kids - depending on their age - right from many rooms. But biggest, IMO, are that Mallory Square, and Duval St. for that matter, are just steps away. Constant free entertainment. Also coming and going cruise ships are very impressive, up close. And just mention the green flash and that'll work on their minds until it becomes a quest.

As to Atlanta, there's some neat stuff, but I don't think enough for it to be that great for kids. (Coda back to TV comment above, as you likely will be doing in the event. In fact, if you're at the conference much of the time, it's the TV for them, likely.) If you're comparing historical stuff, President Truman's Key West winter white house is in walking distance.

Again, age matters to the consideration, but I don't think even that would move the needle.

Almost forgot - if they're young, the turtle pond in the courtyard is appealing to young kids.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.