Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Bangkok, Sukhumvit in Thailand REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Bangkok, Sukhumvit in Thailand REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2018, 1:36 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by escape4
21 suites out of 273 rooms does not sound like a lot. It might not be easy to get suite upgrades there once the hotel is over the ramp up period...
Indeed, while Marriott is exploding, the small-footed chain remains small in Bangkok! https://bangkoksukhumvit.regency.hya...ated-July).pdf
Originally Posted by escape4
A guest service manager at Grand Hyatt Bangkok told me that the latest news is that HR Sukhumvit will open in November.
The website is collaborating this: Opening in November 2018 - https://bangkoksukhumvit.regency.hya...otel/home.html
Old Jul 26, 2018, 4:27 am

i can't wait for this property to open its doors as the location is fantastic. I would prefer GHE but its location is kind of far and HP being in sukhumvit which has a good location but personally i do not enjoy any properties lower than Regency.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 1:54 pm

Awards bookable

Category 3.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 2:58 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Looks like we can book starting January 1st. Cash rates are above the Grand Hyatt for most dates, which is disappointing. Hopefully it will come down over time.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by coffee18
Category 3.
As expected with HP at 2, GH at 4 and PH at 5.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 9:12 pm

How do you suppose they define "direct access"?

from the hotels web page (bolding mine):

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/th...ukhumvit/bkkhr

Hyatt Regency Bangkok Sukhumvit will be a vibrant place for guests to share, socialize and collaborate. Conveniently located on Sukhumvit road with direct access to BTS skytrain Nana Station, the hotel offers full facilities and amenities such as a fitness center, swimming pool, outdoor spaces and Regency Club Lounge to provide energizing experiences for guests visiting Bangkok, whether for business or leisure. Free wireless internet is available, allowing all registered guests to stay connected. Enjoy the distinguished dining experiences including our Market Café, The Lobby Lounge, Spectrum Lounge – Rooftop Bar – Events, and the spacious venue and meeting facilities.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
How do you suppose they define "direct access"?

from the hotels web page (bolding mine):

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/th...ukhumvit/bkkhr
Clearly not in any rational way. Soi 13 has no direct connection with BTS. SMH.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 11:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Titanium | Hilton Diamond
Opening has been moved up a bit. Now accepting reservations from Dec21.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 8:30 pm

It is an easy 2 minutes walk from the BTS station to the hotel, currently you have to take the stairs. But soon, there will be a direct connection from the BTS to the hotel.
The footpath bridge connection leading inside the hotel building on the mezzanine level is there already and has been built right at the western end of the property. It currently ends directly in front of the pedestrian bridge on Sukhumvit, half way between Soi 11 and Soi 13, very close to Soi 11/1. The old pedestrian bridge is currently being demolished giving space for a footpath, which obviously will be constructed right underneath the BTS tracks, similar to many other BTS stations. The distance between the hotel and the south-eastern end of Nana station is about 80 meters.
I'm not sure, if the footpath connection will be ready for the opening date in about five weeks, so check that first if you come with heavy luggage and really want to take the BTS instead of a taxi.
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 7:27 am

Anyone know what will happen if for some reason the hotel does not open by Dec 21 as planned? Do they accommodate guests elsewhere? I'd love to try this one out but I have a bit of anxiety since we have a family of 6 traveling and any last minute changes could be hard to figure out given the # of rooms involved and the busy time of year.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 11:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by iexaltu
Anyone know what will happen if for some reason the hotel does not open by Dec 21 as planned? Do they accommodate guests elsewhere?
That would be a brutal time to be dumped into the Bangkok hotel market. Presumably they would try to move you to the Erawan or Park Hyatt, but I would be concerned about availability close in.

I don't think I'd risk it. You really don't want to be guinea pigs at a brand new property in any event.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Thomas831
It is an easy 2 minutes walk from the BTS station to the hotel, currently you have to take the stairs. But soon, there will be a direct connection from the BTS to the hotel.
The footpath bridge connection leading inside the hotel building on the mezzanine level is there already and has been built right at the western end of the property. It currently ends directly in front of the pedestrian bridge on Sukhumvit, half way between Soi 11 and Soi 13, very close to Soi 11/1. The old pedestrian bridge is currently being demolished giving space for a footpath, which obviously will be constructed right underneath the BTS tracks, similar to many other BTS stations. The distance between the hotel and the south-eastern end of Nana station is about 80 meters.
I'm not sure, if the footpath connection will be ready for the opening date in about five weeks, so check that first if you come with heavy luggage and really want to take the BTS instead of a taxi.
There are several little shops on the east side of Nana BTS station (including the oddly titled 'Double D coffee') so how will this new walking path lead into/out of the station?'
Old Nov 23, 2018, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by iexaltu
Anyone know what will happen if for some reason the hotel does not open by Dec 21 as planned? Do they accommodate guests elsewhere? I'd love to try this one out but I have a bit of anxiety since we have a family of 6 traveling and any last minute changes could be hard to figure out given the # of rooms involved and the busy time of year.
I suggest you make a backup reservation at the GH Erawan (maybe under your own name but without the GP# inserted for now?) and see how it turns out.

I find the rates to be rather high and don't think I'd pay that unless you're planning to pay with points. Typical for hotels that just open, their revenue managers are overly optimistic and price it out of this world. It's currently significantly more expensive than the GH!
Old Dec 21, 2018, 11:43 pm

Hotel side ends in a stub

Walkway steelwork in progress
Old Dec 22, 2018, 2:36 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Originally Posted by Srisarin
for those of you who remember Sammy from Hua Hin (I couldn’t stand him as always closing the club area jacuzzi at 5PM which is the earliest most Thais will go out in the sun) he’s designated to be the new GM here
Despite what was said, it appeared Sammy is indeed the new GM at this property, according to trip advisor reviews replies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.