Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Bangkok, Sukhumvit in Thailand REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency Bangkok, Sukhumvit in Thailand REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:58 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Returned two days ago for a repeat tour but due to my Flickr account being down was not able to post a report. Was shown 3 types of rooms: Twin, Deluxe King, and Regency Suite. Again very nice new furnishings and great relaxing ambiance in the middle of chaotic lower Sukhumvit. Here are my observations:

- CORRECTION: the property will have 273 rooms including suites when fully operational. Currently 110 are open including 10 suites. Final number of suites remains confidential.
- Regency Club is estimated to be completed in 2 months. Globalists and Club rate guests currently have the same benefits at the 4th floor venues.
- Three floors of rooftop venues will be opened above the regency club - floors 28-30 - the same as at the Marriott Sukhumvit 57.
- Deluxe Room are the entry level accommodations for Globalist in case of no suite availability. These deluxe rooms are huge and resemble the Renaissance Suite at the Bangkok Renaissance but I found them bigger and with dramatic bathroom/bathtub. Additionally, the deluxe room has an extra 1/2 bathroom at its vestibule. Only deluxe and higher room category offer coffee making machine.
- Suites will offer "Handy" hand-held mobile device that works exactly like a cell phone except you cannot receive calls. Landline calls within Bangkok, your data, and unlimited calls to 10 countries are included for the duration of your stay. Secure system that will delete all your personal data from the system upon checkout. This is a huge benefit especially the gratis calls to other countries.
- Pool is larger than the one at the Sukhumvit 57 (in my estimation) and has a direct sun exposure. Shaded areas are plentiful for the Asian guests.
- The structure is designed in such a way the the upper and lower floors are wider and offer more space than the middle section. So currently the available lower floor rooms and suites offer a nice space.
- At least two outlets are opened in the attached developer-operated mall, a spa and a coffee shop.

Deluxe Room

Deluxe Room

Shower & tub with dramatic views - Deluxe Room

Extra 1/2 bathroom that can come in handy - Deluxe Room

Coffee/tea making facilities - Deluxe Room

High ceiling and ample space - Twin Room
LIH Prem and atlion25 like this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:20 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Regency Suite offer dramatic views facing lower Sukhumvit side of the building through its floor to ceiling windows.

Sofa bed - Regency Suite

Mini bar - Regency Suite

Bedroom views of lower Sukhumvit - Regency Suite

Asok and the SGS as seen from the bathroom - Regency Suite

Handy device with some of the countries listed

Handy station - Regency Suite

Stay Connected benefit - Regency Suite
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:14 pm

For more photos, check out my album of this new property:

Old Jan 11, 2019, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CIT85
How would you guys compare this new HR with GH Erawan?

I have a reservation at GH Erawan (cash rate 4420 THB) in May with confirmed TSU. HR rate is slightly higher. Just curious
If you have a confirmed suite at the GH I'd stick with that. GH BKK is a solid property though I don't care at all for their standard rooms.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
If you have a confirmed suite at the GH I'd stick with that. GH BKK is a solid property though I don't care at all for their standard rooms.
To be honest with you, even their standard suites are .... after the last renovations. In the GHE suite bathroom, I kept on bumping into walls because of the mirrors they installed to make the fake illusion of a bigger space!
synd likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 11:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Just booked here in early March with points upgrade to Regency Deluxe Suite. Website says Regency Club opening in March, so perhaps we'll be able to check that out. Will be wheeling over from SGS, where we have two nights in the Rajah suite, purchased at a charity auction last year
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:51 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Kalboz
- Deluxe Room are the entry level accommodations for Globalist in case of no suite availability. These deluxe rooms are huge and resemble the Renaissance Suite at the Bangkok Renaissance but I found them bigger and with dramatic bathroom/bathtub. Additionally, the deluxe room has an extra 1/2 bathroom at its vestibule.
Thanks for the great review. Some hotels have great suites but if their basic room is subpar therefore I am sometimes hesitant to book the basic room and gamble on whether I will get an upgrade or not. I am impressed that the Deluxe room is modern, very large, and has 1.5 bath, in fact it is comparable to suites in other hotels such as Ren!? And as an extra Globalist perk we can get a suite upon availability which is icing on the cake given that I would be more than fine with the deluxe room. All that in a great location on Sukhumvit, plus soon coming a club lounge. As good as Marriott/Starwood options are in Bangkok, I have to try Hyatt Regency and it has potential to be very high on my list going forward because it sounds like it ticks all my boxes. I was initially a bit skeptical given the price point being close to Grand Hyatt and sometimes even higher than GH, but it looks like the product offered justifies the price. An excellent addition to Hyatt options.
Kalboz likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:13 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
I’m currently on my second stay. Both times upgraded to the Deluxe room. Depending on the floor, they are different sizes. Neither had an extra 1/2 bathroom. The one on the higher floor is slightly smaller due to the tapering of the building so the second sofa is missing.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:02 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Any experience with the fitness center / sauna / pool?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 1:57 pm

Finally additional Hyatt choices to earn and burn in Thailand in general: https://onemileatatime.com/slh-hyatt-expansion/

137 Pillars Suites Bangkok
137 Pillars House Chiang Mai
Aleenta Resort & Spa Hua Hin
Akyra Beach Club Phuket
Aleenta Resort & Spa Phuket
Keemala Phuket
Old Jan 31, 2019, 5:38 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Completed my third 2-night stay.

Staff is great. Everyone is welcoming and chatty. Good to meet the management again who were earlier at the HR Hua Hin.

Breakfast in the restaurant, included for Globalists, is excellent. The temporary arrangement of using the cafe for cocktail hours is working out really well, though the portions you order from the menu are a too big for one person.

Each time I was upgraded to a Deluxe Room. Each of the rooms was slightly different. The first two were xx15 and were different because the building tapers. This week I had xx14 and the toilet was in a room off the vestibule rather than as a part of the bathroom. In all cases the bathroom had a stand-alone tub and a shower.

There was a physical plant issue during my stay. I was happy with just informing them so it could be addressed by engineering. However, they insisted on service recovery which was well beyond what was needed.

Originally Posted by izzik
Any experience with the fitness center / sauna / pool?
I took a few pics of the pool and gym. I don’t think I’ve seen such an impressive gym at any BKK property.

EDIT: Not uploading, will try later.

LIH Prem and izzik like this.

Last edited by yosithezet; Jan 31, 2019 at 5:49 am
Old Jan 31, 2019, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet
Completed my third 2-night stay. Each time I was upgraded to a Deluxe Room. Each of the rooms was slightly different. The first two were xx15 and were different because the building tapers. This week I had xx14 and the toilet was in a room off the vestibule rather than as a part of the bathroom. In all cases the bathroom had a stand-alone tub and a shower.
Did you have a room with 1.5 bath on your third stay, or also just one toilet?

You are Globalist and you are 0/3 on suite upgrades. It tempers my enthusiasm about this property.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by escape4
Did you have a room with 1.5 bath on your third stay, or also just one toilet?

You are Globalist and you are 0/3 on suite upgrades. It tempers my enthusiasm about this property.
Do they have a limited amount of suites available or just stingy with giving them as Globalist upgrades?
Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by yosithezet

I took a few pics of the pool and gym. I dont think Ive seen such an impressive gym at any BKK property.
I'd curious to see this because there are some quite nice hotel gym setups in Bangkok.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
Do they have a limited amount of suites available or just stingy with giving them as Globalist upgrades?
Originally Posted by escape4
21 suites out of 273 rooms does not sound like a lot. It might not be easy to get suite upgrades there once the hotel is over the ramp up period...
My quote above is from one year ago where I expressed my opinion that it does not seem like the property has a lot of suites. The hotel is in the ramp up period so hotel occupancy is probably lower than normal so it would be easier (relatively speaking) for Globalists to score a suite upgrade (especially for a short stay such as 2 nights) now than in one or two years time. Unfortunately, it does not seem to be the case. It might be because the hotel is stingy but until we hear reports that someone saw suites available online at time of check in and did not get a suite, for the moment I am assuming that the reason is simply because guests are paying for the few suites rather than they are stingy. We'll have more clarity as more guests report back here.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.