Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Bangkok, Sukhumvit in Thailand REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Bangkok, Sukhumvit in Thailand REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2022, 10:27 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Kacee
Isn't the corner room (Deluxe) at GH larger than the base room? I seem to recall it's reasonably spacious (listed at 42 sqm).

I've only stayed a half dozen times or so, as most of my Bangkok stays in the past have gone to Marriott. They did upgrade me to suites my last two times at GH, and they were (IMO) considerably nicer than the Regency Suite I rejected at HR.
I stand corrected! It did not feel different to me, but indeed I see now on the website that the deluxe rooms at GH are 42 sqm vs entry level 40 sqm. Nonetheless, a non-suite upgrade at HR provides more extra space as the hotel will normally give the more spacious version of Deluxe (57 sqm) to Globalists instead of the smaller kind of Deluxe (46 sqm). They could easily call the 57 sqm Deluxe to be a "junior suite".

I have also received complimentary suite upgrades at GH recently without using TSUs but my guess is because occupancy was lower due to covid. In 2019 and prior the odds were not as great as Marriott properties or HR. I suspect in 2023 and beyond when things are more stable, HR will have moderately higher odds of suite upgrade than GH, like in the past.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 6:52 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
In all my stays at HR I've gotten a suite except once...they put me in a deluxe for one night before moving me to a suite. I far prefer suites, but I was pleasantly surprised how large the deluxe room was. I would have probably been ok staying at the deluxe.

I find this property to be a great HR. It's not luxury like a Four Seasons but top of class for a HR
LIH Prem, mcgahat and escape4 like this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 6:08 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by SHLTP
In all my stays at HR I've gotten a suite except once...they put me in a deluxe for one night before moving me to a suite. I far prefer suites, but I was pleasantly surprised how large the deluxe room was. I would have probably been ok staying at the deluxe.

I find this property to be a great HR. It's not luxury like a Four Seasons but top of class for a HR
I do agree with this. Which is why I point out that their assertion of being a luxury 5 star property needs to be put into perspective. Which is what you are doing and it helps set expectations. I think you are also making the point that I am, which is life in a Deluxe room or better makes for a different experience.
LIH Prem and KuBear like this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 7:33 pm

Checked in late last night for a 9 night stay on points (paid 2k thb/night to upgrade from Regency Suite to Executive Suite)
Got the last one available on floor 22- downwards view is partially blocked by the building, looks like they could've made that part into an outdoor balcony on this room.
One of the motorized blinds wall switches doesn't work.
Don't recommend the Executive Suite on floor 22.

In the Regency Club now for breakfast and to get some work done:
Almost completely empty on a Friday morning
Looks almost the same as another poster uploaded above

For salad bar proteins:
They had duck at the salad bar (pretty good)
Smoked Salmon (good, not too salty)

Typical American proteins:
ham
sausage
bacon
omelette cooked to order
KuBear likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 6:15 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, HHonors Diamond, WoH Globalist, Radisson Premium, BA Silver
Just completed a 1 night stay. Was upgraded to a Regency Suite from base King. I enjoyed the lounge offerings and the lunch snack options were better than expected.

Old Nov 6, 2022, 12:06 am

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PCLond
Just completed a 1 night stay. Was upgraded to a Regency Suite from base King. I enjoyed the lounge offerings and the lunch snack options were better than expected.
Nice! How sketchy was the area around the hotel?
Old Nov 6, 2022, 1:40 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by bomberman92
Sketchy.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 2:51 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Pre-covid it was as sketchy or as unsketchy as you'd want it to be. I didn't think the neighborhood was so sketchy I wouldn't want my kid there.
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 6:37 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
I guess it depends on what you call "sketchy". I would say that during the day, for the most part, it really is not very sketchy. There are more homeless than I ever remember in this area. At night, there is a lot of "night activity" but nothing that gives me any great concern, I would consider it sketchy at night for that reason. I do not consider is a desirable area on the whole. That doesn't bother me as my stays are frequent and more utilitarian than special holiday trips.
Kacee likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 8:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
You're connected to Nana BTS by skyway. Nana is a hub for nightlife of the lower variety (and not limited to night time). It's not dangerous, just seedy.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 5:17 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Is the lounge in this hotel opens now?
Old Nov 27, 2022, 5:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Ausriver
Is the lounge in this hotel opens now?
Yes, it was even open in April when I was there.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 6:55 pm

I have a couple of days in Bangkok coming up, and I'm debating which of the Hyatts to stay at. The reviews about the Park Hyatt suggest it can be very noisy, and the Grand Hyatt looks quite dated. Is it possible that the Regency is actually the nicest of the three? Can anyone compare them directly?

I'm a Globalist and planning to use points and a suite upgrade certificate that is close to expiring. But I don't anticipate spending a whole lot of time in the hotel. I will probably have breakfast there, though. And the floor-to-ceiling windows in the bedroom here look amazing, as does the free-standing bathtub along the window. From the photos on the website, it looks like the rooms aren't facing another building (maybe they're sufficiently high up) and so I don't need to draw curtains?
Old Dec 4, 2022, 7:19 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Soriak
I have a couple of days in Bangkok coming up, and I'm debating which of the Hyatts to stay at. The reviews about the Park Hyatt suggest it can be very noisy, and the Grand Hyatt looks quite dated. Is it possible that the Regency is actually the nicest of the three? Can anyone compare them directly?

I'm a Globalist and planning to use points and a suite upgrade certificate that is close to expiring. But I don't anticipate spending a whole lot of time in the hotel. I will probably have breakfast there, though. And the floor-to-ceiling windows in the bedroom here look amazing, as does the free-standing bathtub along the window. From the photos on the website, it looks like the rooms aren't facing another building (maybe they're sufficiently high up) and so I don't need to draw curtains?
I would definitely pick Park Hyatt over the rest.

regarding noise, no different to me. You will probably here it anyway in all of them.

service & hotel itself are much better at Park Hyatt too.

as a local who living in BKK, i don’t like the area where the HR is located. Kind of red light district at night, a lot of ‘working woman’ (or even trans woman) roaming around.

(i don’t understand why many foreigners chose to marry those women.)
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Soriak

I always pick Grand because they treat Globalists so well and, even, more so for repeat guests. Using the suite certificate at PH is a good usage and their service has gotten a lot better over the years. Noise is inevitable in Bangkok. I'm guessing only the Siam might be noise free since it's so far out of the city center.

Last edited by Aventine; Dec 4, 2022 at 7:56 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.